David Tanner - talkSPORT

alba73

DT was on discussing weekend games. Said Eduardo was lucky not to sent off. Then said compliance officer should look at it. He then ballsed up saying he wasn’t trying to get Morelos punished before correcting himself and saying Eduardo.
says Eduardo touched opponents face so a red card offence but at least a yellow.
Then says that Jullien has admitted he doesn’t like playing against players like dykes and Kabamba.

DT was on discussing weekend games. Said Eduardo was lucky not to sent off. Then said compliance officer should look at it. He then ballsed up saying he wasn’t trying to get Morelos punished before correcting himself and saying Eduardo.
says Eduardo touched opponents face so a red card offence but at least a yellow.
Then says that Jullien has admitted he doesn’t like playing against players like dykes and Kabamba.

Anyone who wants this translated to English please let me know.

He called him Morelos instead of "Eduardo".

It's easy to get a name wrong.

To summarise, Tanner said that Edouard could easily have seen red for the hand to face contact with the opposing player, and at very least it could or indeed should be a yellow. He also said that it would be interesting to see if the compliance officer would wade in on the issue, but then immediately caveated that statement by saying that by discussing it on Talksport he wasn't actively trying to get Edouard into trouble. Felt like a bit of an "oh shit" moment from Tanner.

Essentially he is of the view that there should be retrospective action, but is aware that there may be repercussions for going on radio and highlighting it. His caveat was bizarre to say the least, although we expect nothing less and if it was a blue jersey that was caught on camera there is no doubt in my mind that Tanner would be more open in saying that there should definitively be a retrospective ban. Anyway I digress, paranoid protestant etc.

Tanner also touched on the fact that Julien is a fucking cart horse and got rag dolled at the weekend. Tanner also referenced comments that Julien has made in the past about not being up for the physical battle / not liking the physical side of the game in Scotland, and he also highlighted the fact that diddy Julien has come out looking like a burst sack of shite when being thrown about like a fucking frisbee by Lyndon Dykes in the past.

Overall Tanner is a wank.

I heard this. Seemed like an honest mistake. He was talking about Alfie for a spell before he moved on to this subject. He also stated that it was a red in his view, and should be looked at by the compliance officer. I don't see what the problem is to be honest.
I wasn’t having a dig at him. I was trying to highlight that a reporters was calling one of their players out that rarely happens.

Julien swung an elbow toward Morelos’ face in the closing stages at New Year with not a peep from the press about it.

Morelos made the wrong choice in taking the dive rather than the shot when that late chance came soon afterwards but the elbow at him was intended to rile him and there was no punishment for it at all.
This Celtic team is full of bullies who expect it all their own way and if they don’t get it then they start with the dirty tricks.

Scottish Football really needs to stand up to them.

Last edited:
I disagree.

There should be no action for Eduoard as it was at the very most a booking but a talking to is fine. It really was a nothing incident. The problem is the way Andy Wanker plays it down and there isn’t the forensic analysis in soortscene followed by columns in the papers calling for punishment like there would be if it was Morelos. We know Morelos doesn’t get afforded the same wriggle room.

One genuine benefit of the behind closed doors games is that Morelos incidents seem to get treated (at least so far) on the action of what the ref saw and not the pantomine bullshit that follows him to every ground in Scotland usually. Against Aberdeen I think with a crowd Morelos easily gets booked for 2-3 fouls where not one was nasty but a baying crowd can see refs start flashing cards.

Eduardo should’ve been off and Julienne was cutting it fine with his antics.

I disagree.

There should be no action for Eduoard as it was at the very most a booking but a talking to is fine. It really was a nothing incident. The problem is the way Andy Wanker plays it down and there isn’t the forensic analysis in soortscene followed by columns in the papers calling for punishment like there would be if it was Morelos. We know Morelos doesn’t get afforded the same wriggle room.

One genuine benefit of the behind closed doors games is that Morelos incidents seem to get treated (at least so far) on the action of what the ref saw and not the pantomine bullshit that follows him to every ground in Scotland usually. Against Aberdeen I think with a crowd Morelos easily gets booked for 2-3 fouls where not one was nasty but a baying crowd can see refs start flashing cards.

"You cant raise your hands". Isnt that the standard comment in such incidents? Its a red then.

Without reading the full thread I'm guessing this is as pointless as the Hugh Keevins thread the other day

Julien swung an elbow toward Morelos’ face in the closing stages at New Year with not a peep from the press about it.

Morelos made the wrong choice in taking the dive rather than the shot when that late chance came soon afterwards but the elbow at him was intended to rile him and there was no punishment for it at all.
This Celtic team is full of bullies who expect it all their own way and if they don’t get it then they start with the dirty tricks.

They try their trick because they know they have a bigger chance of getting away with it that players in other teams, The refs even struggle to book them for normal stuff,

"You cant raise your hands". Isnt that the standard comment in such incidents? Its a red then.

The centre half had him in a bear hug and the striker pushes him to get him off. That's all that happened. I can't believe it's even worthy of a discussion. Get over it.

To summarise, Tanner said that Edouard could easily have seen red for the hand to face contact with the opposing player, and at very least it could or indeed should be a yellow. He also said that it would be interesting to see if the compliance officer would wade in on the issue, but then immediately caveated that statement by saying that by discussing it on Talksport he wasn't actively trying to get Edouard into trouble. Felt like a bit of an "oh shit" moment from Tanner.

Essentially he is of the view that there should be retrospective action, but is aware that there may be repercussions for going on radio and highlighting it. His caveat was bizarre to say the least, although we expect nothing less and if it was a blue jersey that was caught on camera there is no doubt in my mind that Tanner would be more open in saying that there should definitively be a retrospective ban. Anyway I digress, paranoid protestant etc.

Tanner also touched on the fact that Julien is a fucking cart horse and got rag dolled at the weekend. Tanner also referenced comments that Julien has made in the past about not being up for the physical battle / not liking the physical side of the game in Scotland, and he also highlighted the fact that diddy Julien has come out looking like a burst sack of shite when being thrown about like a fucking frisbee by Lyndon Dykes in the past.

Overall Tanner is a wank.
Shame there's no love button on this site.

if a certain player in a blue shirt does it, the media are talking about it for days trying to get him done

people saying it was nothing, you are right but if you don't complain about this, it will be us at some point and our player will get done for it. All we ask for is proper refereeing for both teams and if it's a different shirt, it's quite obvious the same action wouldn't have been enforced

Morelos is a vital player for us but I'd wager that Edouard is an even more vital player for them, the assistant/ref knows this

Sounds like O'Neill's team.

Back