Davie Cooper

When a world class legend like Ruud Gullit praises a player, you know that player was special.

Cooper was a gifted player.

Last edited:
Reactions: TQ3
My all time Rangers hero, I love Super but Davie Cooper is number one.
He was the player who was expected to change the game, if he was a starter and we were struggling it was “get yer finger oot Davie.” If he was a sub, it was “get Cooper on ffs.” He was every fans “go to.”
And even on his off days, he could suddenly change the game.
He is the only footballer who has made me cry at his loss, and several times since.

My all time Rangers hero, I love Super but Davie Cooper is number one.
He was the player who was expected to change the game, if he was a starter and we were struggling it was “get yer finger oot Davie.” If he was a sub, it was “get Cooper on ffs.” He was every fans “go to.”
And even on his off days, he could suddenly change the game.
He is the only footballer who has made me cry at his loss, and several times since.
Ditto.

Reactions: TQ3
What a player, a Rangers legend, sadly missed, but thinking of him playing can put a big smile on any of our faces.
I still have an old t-shirt with his quote "I played for the team I loved" with the RFC badge on the heart, and a Red 11 on the back.

Im too young to have had the privilege of seeing him play live but I can remember my dad and uncle treating his passing like a death in the family.
Even as a 9 year old kid at the time, that really hit home how much he meant to the Rangers support

It's also my father in law's birthday today. He passed away in hospital on the day Coop took ill.
Happy Birthday to both x

A true gentleman, kind and generous to friends and neighbours and not a bad word to say about anyone. You are badly missed by all who knew you.

Back