Davie Weir on Walter

Still hits me every so often that he’s not here.

Proper stung
I’m the same. Still seems strange he’s gone. I genuinely had a moment when we were looking for a new manager thinking it would be great if he was back, then like a brick it his you that he’s not with us any longer.

Very interesting piece and once again a sad reminder of Walter not being with us anymore.

Out of interest, has anyone read Davie Weir’s autobiography? If so, would you recommend it?

It’s great when people jump in for a moan without even thinking about Googling a name that’ll take all of ten seconds.

It’s very on brand for FF just now :))
“Based on what” is the latest catchphrase on here with players as well. Obviously based on that persons opinion of the player / manager / DoF in question. They don’t owe you a power point presentation on why ffs.

It’s great when people jump in for a moan without even thinking about Googling a name that’ll take all of ten seconds.

It’s very on brand for FF just now :))
Don’t be so patronising. I’m very aware of the job he’s doing at Brigton and have been following him closely for a while. hes been the assistant technical director for 5 months. that does not qualify him to take over Wilson role, think before you speak in future.

Don’t be so patronising. I’m very aware of the job he’s doing at Brigton and have been following him closely for a while. hes been the assistant technical director for 5 months. that does not qualify him to take over Wilson role, think before you speak in future.
Been with them since 2018 first as loan manager then assistant technical director and then acting technical director when Dan Ashworth left in Feb. Has done a great job since and was placed as technical director on a permanent basis in May this year. So close to a full year in the job and doing very well by all accounts. Brighton seem to think highly of him.

Been with them since 2018 first as loan manager then assistant technical director and then acting technical director when Dan Ashworth left in Feb. Has done a great job since and was placed as technical director on a permanent basis in May this year. So close to a full year in the job and doing very well by all accounts. Brighton seem to think highly of him.
He’s been in the role for 7 monhs. Nowhere near ready for a role at rangers, can we please get away from this piss that we employ people badged on them eh….playing for us previously

He’s been in the role for 7 monhs. Nowhere near ready for a role at rangers, can we please get away from this piss that we employ people badged on them eh….playing for us previously
limmy-double-down.gif

Very interesting piece and once again a sad reminder of Walter not being with us anymore.

Out of interest, has anyone read Davie Weir’s autobiography? If so, would you recommend it?
It’s a decent read mate, he doesn’t miss George Burley with the Scotland team issues with Ferguson/McGregor

You’ve not got a clue what you’re on about and a 2 second Google doesn’t change that. You’ve been made to look a bit stupid there.

Keep trying though mate :D

We were really fortunate to have a guy like Walter at our club. His second time around, he stabilised the club at a time when we were a mess both on and off the pitch. He brought us the immense happiness of the run up to 2008, even if the result was disappointing. He gave us titles and some great results, even if we weren't the most exciting to watch. A Rangers legend.

Back