Davis-Replaced in the summer

We also need players like Kent and aribo to show more bravery on the ball instead of passing the buck to Davis.

Absolutely agree Graeme - for the record that’s where I thought we fell down today - all of our front 3 were disappointing - they had enough possession to get the winning goal butlet themselves down.

I fucking hate our support sometimes. Teams and players go through poor patches.
It’s the same support that have slated Tavernier all season but are the first to say how much we miss him! No matter what happens between now and the end of the season, we are improving as a club. Gerrard is a massive part of that and we need to stick by him.

Absolutely agree Graeme - for the record that’s where I thought we fell down today - all of our front 3 were disappointing - they had enough possession to get the winning goal butlet themselves down.
You could see Davis getting frustrated in the first half. The amount of times Kent had possession and passed the buck was ridiculous mate. Looking for a lot more for £7million! It’s ok though, we’ll make Davis the fall guy

Great servant, however when you look at the last couple of months (with him/without him) in the team, it’s obvious he needs replaced in the close season.
The drive’s not there anymore, plus him alongside Kamara and we’re pedestrian in nature.
Thoughts...

Davis is not the reason we're struggling to break teams down.

No matter what anyone says, Tav is absolutely crucial to how Gerrard sets the team up.

Throw in the fact that both Aribo and Kent lacked the creativity you need from your number 10s and you'll find far bigger reasons for our drop in form than Steven Davis.

I was genuinely confused when I read the thread title.

this place has been absolutely mental recently but Jesus I think the OP takes the prize. Davis has been one of our most consistent performers this season and him alongside Jack in the midfield is a fantastic partnership.

maybe he hasn’t had a great game today but on the whole I’d say he’s up there for player of the season. There are other players today who I’d blame ahead of Davis.

if we can replace him with Iniesta or Xavi then aye go for it but otherwise I’m quite happy with Davis.

I’ve had enough of this place for the day. Bed time for BB

Great servant, however when you look at the last couple of months (with him/without him) in the team, it’s obvious he needs replaced in the close season.
The drive’s not there anymore, plus him alongside Kamara and we’re pedestrian in nature.
Thoughts...

It’s obvious?
To who...

There are others that need replaced before him.

The midfield needs Jack and Davis together. Take one out coupled with Kamara's confidence and form going out the window then the team has really struggled in the midfield. Form issues all over the park at the same time also tho..

Davis has been one of the better midfield three. Guilty of being a little negative and focused on retention than going forward but I imagine that's what he's instructed to do

To me Ryan Jack after the break has been carrying an injury and his form had tailed of..even in the septic game he was off the boil. He had been outstanding up to then. We really missed/miss his influence. Need him fully fit.

Reactions: dmg
Davis looks like the Davis of last Jan/Feb,not on it.
Kamara seems to be back to the way he was at the beginning of the season,again not on it.
We were flying before the break,it's as if we've just switched off since the restart?

It’s Kamara that needs replaced......one of the most overrated Rangers players and albeit a great buy at £50k if we can get several million for him then punt him. Not good enough and easily bossed......brutal at times.
100% - yet he seems immune from being dropped. Too much dithering and weak passing.

To me Ryan Jack after the break has been carrying an injury and his form had tailed of..even in the septic game he was off the boil. He had been outstanding up to then. We really missed/miss his influence. Need him fully fit.
His absence is our biggest problem. He is vital for us to play at our best.

Davis is the one player who deserves credit for his driving the team on, it's the others around him that are failing, Kamara has been posted missing in action since the break

Thoughts...
He was the only one, middle to front, who actually turned up yesterday for me

No chance, one of our best players this season. I wasn’t sure about having him back but so glad he is here.

I think it's a myth that Davis was one of our best players yesterday. His job is to spread the ball or drive into the space in front, commit a few players and create space.

Davis slowed everything down and failed to drive with the ball. Easy to blame everyone around him but he should be doing more.

Davis still neat and tidy player but the ops right he is coming to the end of his career and isn't the player he once was and anybody who thinks our midfield is creating bundles of chances is just crackers

Reactions: dmg
Goals, killer pass, runs ahead of striker are void from the midfield and yes I include Davis in that.

I think Davis is a fantastic player very intelligent on the ball but like the rest of the team after returning from the winter break he's not been at his best. I hope this new lad Hagi might take some of the pressure of him.

Thoughts...

Davis' role in the team is to be the sitting protective midfielder. He may be a little off form but it is hardly his fault the more attacking players in the side have not kicked their own arses since returning from the winter break.

I think it's a myth that Davis was one of our best players yesterday. His job is to spread the ball or drive into the space in front, commit a few players and create space.

Davis slowed everything down and failed to drive with the ball. Easy to blame everyone around him but he should be doing more.
I’m in total agreement with the above, must just be you and myself that watched the same game.
Davis and Kamara totally killed any forward momentum from midfield due to sideways pedestrian play. Both of them have been dreadful (by there own standards) since break.
Only last week on the way to Tynecastle myself and one of the younger boys were praising him to high heaven saying that he was the heart beat of the team, passing and possession was brilliant and he had an uncanny knack of being in the right place at the the right time to break up opposition attacks- our very own Deschamps if you like. He then put in a similar display to yesterday.

Back