Davis

How does Davis now compare with Ray Wilkins?

I was only 9 when Wilkins signed, so I didn’t really appreciate his different qualities as a player, but from what I do recall he’s very similar to Davis now.

Always in the right place.

Never goes to ground.

Doesn’t panic in tight situations.

Always makes the right pass.

What do others think?

He was caught out of position for the third goal in Lisbon.
Never went with the runner for the first goal last night.
Stood like a traffic cone rather than get a challenge in for the second goal last night.
I initially thought you had wound a good few up with your first post, but no, you are mental.

He was brilliant.

Seems to be passing forward a lot more this season. Balls over the top are just fantastic

Have to say I was one of the ones who thought he was done at the start of the year, but since the start of the season he's been a bit good!

We'll probably need to ration his game time a little bit moving forward to ensure he stays at his best but he's a great example to the younger players of the kind of form you can still produce regularly at 35 week in, week out if you look after yourself. Davis and Defoe teaching the next generation of players how it's done - great stuff!

Still a great player but we need to be careful how we deploy him , he’s played an awful lot of football in recent weeks and there’s a long way to go yet.

Stood like a traffic cone rather than get a challenge in for the second goal last night.
Embarrassed yourself not once, but twice in the same thread. Quit while you’re behind.

Had an excellent game. Alot of his game will have gone unnoticed. The amount of interceptions, pressing the opposition to go backwards, not to mention he was one of few tonight who was comfortable in posession (we gave the ball away far too much the whole game).

Long may his form continue. I dont care what age someone is, it's all about level of performance and wee man shows no signs of slowing down
The curious case of Steve Davis.

Davis has hardly put a foot wrong all
season he has been outstanding for us, anyone that can’t see that is either in the wrong game or on the glue...

You clearly know nothing about the game of football.

Congratulations on the two most ridiculous posts in FF history on the one thread.

quite the achievement.

Legs went in the last 30 minutes, lost his man for the 2nd goal. He was also at some fault for the first.
After the away game where he cost a couple of goals too, it's a shame to see age having the effect it is.
I don't blame him, he just can't play 90 minutes at this level. He was good for the first hour or so.

a nice summation of what actually happened on Thursday

Back