De Kuip (Feyenoord) stadium in the 1930's

Bristol_bnose3

This came up on my twitter feed and thought i'd share it here for all the other boring farts who find stuff like this interesting.
Thing that strikes me most is how modern it looks from the outside bearing in mind the age of the film.

I know Feyenoord are a fairly polarising team on here but their stadium has always been sensational, particularly the iteration prior to the current update. (but to be fair my preference was always for proper old school stadia with character over and above 'comfort')

Last edited:
Never been to the football at the de kuip. But I attended pink floyd in 94 there, its some stadium to say the least.

Walked in just before ko when we played them 2 year ago. Was hit with a cauldron of noise it was frightening. The low slung roof on it amplifies the sound.

Been a good few times. The atmosphere against Ajax was dynamite. I saw an old photo of De Kuip in a pub in Rotterdam once and I thought it was the Nou Camp at first.

Fantastic atmosphere. Found it strange that the tunnel and the dugouts are on opposite sides of the pitch though.

Have never been inside stadium but it looks like a proper football stadium.

I stayed in Holland years ago and watched a Feyenord v Ajax game live on tv and the atmosphere looked sensational every bit as good as an old firm game.

I was there for the UEFA Cup Final in 2002 between Feyenoord and Dortmund.

Atmosphere was sensational - when they sang the Feyenoord anthem before the game I could actually feel pressure waves from the noise on my chest and head.
Was there in 2002 too for our game. Home end. Spent the 90 mins shiting myself but what an atmosphere.

Went to an ajax game there in 2015 and even with no away fans the atmosphere was sensational.

Worked in Rotterdam for a couple of years and have to say the atmosphere at the De Kuip is tremendous.
If you ever have the chance to go and watch them play Ajax it’s fantastic.
Plus you can get a season ticket for about £200z

Been there a few times. It's a very hostile stadium, one of the most hostile in Europe and it's in a very rough part of Rotterdam which just adds to the hostilty outside. The lower sections behind both goals still held up by what looks like temporary scaffolding but it nust have been like that for decades! Always felt that every Feyenoord fan I've seen looks the same. 6'4", mid 20s, skinhead.

I was there for the UEFA Cup Final in 2002 between Feyenoord and Dortmund.

Atmosphere was sensational - when they sang the Feyenoord anthem before the game I could actually feel pressure waves from the noise on my chest and head.
Have you ever felt the same at Ibrox? Have been in some of the loudest atmospheres at Ibrox and Hampden but too busy joining in to notice something as subtle as that.

I do remember one of the threads about the best Ibrox atmosphere and a guy said at the Dynamo Kiev game he could see a shimmer in the air at one point when everyone was in full voice. I took this with a pinch of salt as wasn't sure it would be possible, but the Dynamo Kiev game was on a damp winter's evening with no wind, as far as I remember, so it might have been possible to see the moisture in the air move with the pressure/sound waves.

Back