Dealing With The Facts!!

Gallant_Few

5 points from a possible 12 in the League. It's a full blown CRISIS and the team have not progressed at all from last year. Gerrard OUT!!

My arse!!

Thankfully we are well versed in our haters desperation to cause divide and sow doubt into the heads of our players, management and supporters. Yes I will admit that 5 points from 12 is not an ideal start to the campaign and looks dreadful on the eye but I think anybody with an ounce of common sense or realism will admit it paints a false picture as to our progression under Steven Gerrard.

Yesterday was our 13th competitive game under the new gaffer and it was only the 2nd of September, that is a lot of games crammed into a short space of time. Then you look at our opening 4 league fixtures and see we have had 3 tough away games, how coincidental. Ending this first block of fixtures before the international break with a trip to that shithole was never going to be ideal. In the week running upto the game we had 2 tough away fixtures away to the hatchet men of Motherwell and then the small matter of a trip to Eastern Russia on Thursday where we played for a long period of the game with 10 men and then 20 mins with 9 men. Compare that to the 2 games they had in the run up to yesterday. A home game in the league to Hamilton last weekend and then a home tie against a very poor team from Lithuania where they hardly broke a sweat.

Now you could say that the European progress has maybe been detrimental to our league performances. But I don't think you would hear many fans complaining about our qualification into the Europa group stages.

After the break we have a rather decent run of league games where I can see us picking up 15 points from our next 5 games. I would also expect the mentally challengeds to have a tougher run of games than they have had of late also and I think they will drop points. Yes we made it easy for them in the first half yesterday and allowed them too much time on the ball again. But I do not believe the players had the energy in the legs to go full pelt the way the gaffer has had them playing previously.

This break has came at the perfect time as we can now give the lads a rest and get them back on the training pitch to work on a few things. It also let's us get back a few key players from injury like Coulibaly who has been an important player in our team, and also Grezda who I hope is the spark we need in an attacking sense.

So do not be fooled into thinking we are going to be seeing a repeat of last year's shambolic league form. We KNOW the progress has been made and we can clearly see we have far better players in the team than last year.

Aberdeen and Motherwell got lucky with 94th minute equalisers against a team who have only been together a matter of weeks. We will go from strength to strength Bears and I am totally confident in our Manager that he is the man to end their domination in Scotland, but patience is needed.

But we all know the Scottish media won't be giving us any benefit of the doubt. It's just as well we all know the REAL facts.

We are on the up Bears and they will try every trick in the book to try and push us back.

They won't succeed.

Well said.
Great strides forward in such a short space of time with more improvement to come.

Agreed - The fans need to stick together and continue backing the team.

Must admit I was looking through my fingers opening FF this morning. Fearing thread after thread of dramatic hyperbole and every player getting stripped down.

But it was a pleasant surprise. We seem to be a tad more realistic and can mostly see the bigger picture of what has been a phenomenal start.

The 5 from 12 doesn’t make great reading but the fineness of the margins is almost incomprehendable. We are miles better than last season and have many reasons to be optimistic.

Onwards and upwards under a regime which has restored more pride to the club in 3 months than their predecessors managed in 3 years.

Good post,but it's always dangerous to look too far ahead and count on full points from games yet to be played.

7 out of 12 after away games at sheep, thugs and scum and the tough euro schedule would be seen as a reasonable start. You can't legislate for a cheating referee though.

Europa cup groups will only have been worth it if we give a good account of ourselves.

Otherwise it could sap the confidence right out of us.

Does their over celebrated win yesterday mean that all the disharmony that was evident over the past week has gone and they are all together now from stands to boardroom to the dug out.

5 points from a possible 12 in the League. It's a full blown CRISIS and the team have not progressed at all from last year. Gerrard OUT!!

My arse!!

Thankfully we are well versed in our haters desperation to cause divide and sow doubt into the heads of our players, management and supporters. Yes I will admit that 5 points from 12 is not an ideal start to the campaign and looks dreadful on the eye but I think anybody with an ounce of common sense or realism will admit it paints a false picture as to our progression under Steven Gerrard.

Yesterday was our 13th competitive game under the new gaffer and it was only the 2nd of September, that is a lot of games crammed into a short space of time. Then you look at our opening 4 league fixtures and see we have had 3 tough away games, how coincidental. Ending this first block of fixtures before the international break with a trip to that shithole was never going to be ideal. In the week running upto the game we had 2 tough away fixtures away to the hatchet men of Motherwell and then the small matter of a trip to Eastern Russia on Thursday where we played for a long period of the game with 10 men and then 20 mins with 9 men. Compare that to the 2 games they had in the run up to yesterday. A home game in the league to Hamilton last weekend and then a home tie against a very poor team from Lithuania where they hardly broke a sweat.

Now you could say that the European progress has maybe been detrimental to our league performances. But I don't think you would hear many fans complaining about our qualification into the Europa group stages.

After the break we have a rather decent run of league games where I can see us picking up 15 points from our next 5 games. I would also expect the mentally challengeds to have a tougher run of games than they have had of late also and I think they will drop points. Yes we made it easy for them in the first half yesterday and allowed them too much time on the ball again. But I do not believe the players had the energy in the legs to go full pelt the way the gaffer has had them playing previously.

This break has came at the perfect time as we can now give the lads a rest and get them back on the training pitch to work on a few things. It also let's us get back a few key players from injury like Coulibaly who has been an important player in our team, and also Grezda who I hope is the spark we need in an attacking sense.

So do not be fooled into thinking we are going to be seeing a repeat of last year's shambolic league form. We KNOW the progress has been made and we can clearly see we have far better players in the team than last year.

Aberdeen and Motherwell got lucky with 94th minute equalisers against a team who have only been together a matter of weeks. We will go from strength to strength Bears and I am totally confident in our Manager that he is the man to end their domination in Scotland, but patience is needed.

But we all know the Scottish media won't be giving us any benefit of the doubt. It's just as well we all know the REAL facts.

We are on the up Bears and they will try every trick in the book to try and push us back.

They won't succeed.

Excellent & objective perspective GF. We are going to have a good season.

An excellent, balanced post GF. Sadly not enough of that type on FF. Nail on the head type post. Hopefully some “moonhowlers” read it and let it sink in. Won’t hold my breath though.

Agree CL. Our fans need to avoid the media propoganda. Despite yesterday I am very happy at our progress.
We’re it not for dodgy decisions yesterday & at Pittodrie we would be looking good League wise too.

What was it about Sadiq that Stevie saw to make him a signing, and what is it about Sadiq now that makes Stevie not want to play him

Getting beat off those cretins is always a punch in the gut, it hurts the pride.

If I was asked what game to prioritise between UFA and the Beasts, as much as I want us to beat those animals then I would have had to have went for UFA. That 90 mins held too much of a significance in terms of us moving forward as a club.

3 points can be recovered, 1 shot at Europe can't.

We've been excellent for the most part. Its been a combination of being a little unlucky, hard league fixtures to start, dodgy refereeing decisions, and jadedness from our EL exploits that have cost us.

We're miles ahead of where we expected to be. It'll get better.
A few of us were arguing this on threads last night. We've been to 3 traditionally tough away fixtures that you would pinpoint as potential dropped points through the season in the first 4 games, played 13 competitive matches in 6 weeks with a new manager and new team still gelling, weve played 3 match with 10 men and a third of one match with 9 men, the drawn games we conceded with virtually the last kick of the ball, we've had to drag ourselves practically to China and back on Thursday with a squad very thin on quality outside if the first 11 thanks to the last 2 manager's making a whore of recruitment resulting in us letting 28 players go in the summer which also means we can't rest or rotate players, the last 2 manager's started the season with more points but one was gone before Valentine's day and the other was gone before Halloween.

Stevie Wonder can see the improvement in us, we shouldn't be panicking.

Getting beat off those cretins is always a punch in the gut, it hurts the pride.

If I was asked what game to prioritise between UFA and the Beasts, as much as I want us to beat those animals then I would have had to have went for UFA. That 90 mins held too much of a significance in terms of us moving forward as a club.

3 points can be recovered, 1 shot at Europe can't.
Spot on.

We have a long season ahead and Rangers and Celtic will both drop points over the course of it, there will be a title race and we need to focus on the best record possible against everyone else and let the games with Celtic take care of themselves.

European football brings finance and a chance for the team to improve by playing a better class of opponent. By playing in these matches, we will be better equipped to face the domestic challenges.

You can be reasonable and as plausible as you like and I agree. SG doesn't halt another treble for them the pressure will ramp up and very quickly.

Spoke to an obsessed in my work this morning and he said he was stressed out his nut throughout the game yesterday more than usual. He said even though we were sitting back and defending in our own half most of the game he thought we were going to nick a goal before they finally scored. He also said we looked much more organised but second to most balls which i can't disagree with. I honestly think the 9 men game against ufa has been a big factor in yesterday's game. Hopefully we will be a totally different proposition when we play them at Ibrox.

Gerard's first game v the fhilth a wake up call for him a realisation a loss to them is like a kick in the baws,The competitive winner in him will learn quickly and he will be better prepared and up for the battle ahead and the next battle with the Bheasts.

My arse!!

They won't succeed.
Great post. Cheers.

Good to see the amount of people in agreement we are defo in a good place despite yesterday's result.

I have a confidence in Rangers to close the points gap on that mob that I've not had in the previous 2 seasons back in the SPFL.

This first transfer window was clearly all about building a solid foundation and my God has Gerrard and Allen produced. We now have the best GK and defence in the league. We have great cover also in the defensive areas so I think that is now us covered there, job done. Moving forward I think Gerrard will now concentrate on trying to identify the best midfield and attacking players we can afford and entice to the club. And if he can bring in a standard in those positions that he has in defence then the future is going to be even better than I would have imagined.

I honestly believe we are 1, maybe 2 quality additions away from being where we need to be in order to go and topple that mob, Grezda could be one of those. Let's hope that after we sell some kits in record numbers when they are released and when we bank some Europa cash aswell Dave King will release a few million more in January for the gaffer to go and bring in one quality 'gamechanger'

Now just hold on there a minute, GF.

We have 5 points out of a possible 12 and have just lost our 758th match in a row (or so it feels like) whilst barely laying a glove on them and now you come along and put it all into context?

It’ll never catch on.

Seriously though, great post and spells out the disappointment we all feel with our domestic results but pointing out the absolutely massive changes which have taken place at Ibrox in just 3 short months. We need to improve quickly in the league, but for the first time since Walter was in charge I believe we have a manager who knows it but more importantly has a plan to get us there.

I’m actually recovering from this defeat a lot quicker than the 3-2 game. I’m still full of optimism.

If we’d been pumped out of Europe on Thursday I’d be a nervous wreck right now.

I haven’t seen anyone saying it’s a crisis let alone wanting Gerrard out, so I think you’re being a wee bit over dramatic there OP.

Agree with the rest of it though.

My arse!!

They won't succeed.
We need to start bossing these games coming up the way we used to,especially at home and I think we will. I have absolutely no doubt we will kick on after the break,which will be good for all concerned,just to take a breather. Onwards and upwards

we are back - I do not care what anyone says, SG might have given the scum more respect than they deserved however the blue machine is alive and kicking.
We'll have our day ~ keep the faith
WATP

As horrible as yesterday was to watch I think anybody who thinks we haven't progressed needs their head checked. Be take the defeat on the chin, accept it as a small result of Thursdays mammoth effort in Russia and move on safe in the knowledge that we have a manager and a group of players who have given us every last drop of blood sweat and tears over the past few months. One result doesn't change a thing regardless of how much it hurts right now

I haven’t seen anyone saying it’s a crisis let alone wanting Gerrard out, so I think you’re being a wee bit over dramatic there OP.

Agree with the rest of it though.

Same. There’s never more hysterical hyperbole than from the folk screaming at everyone else not to use hysterical hyperbole.

Our next 5 league games must be won and on paper they should be won.....15 points...nothing less and we're in the mix...5 defining games....3 at home so please no repeat of last year when we lost 7 home games !

My arse!!

They won't succeed.
100% bang on the money with that statement.

Our next 5 league games must be won and on paper they should be won.....15 points...nothing less and we're in the mix...5 defining games....3 at home so please no repeat of last year when we lost 7 home games !

I think this international break will do us the world of good. Chance to get Coulibaly, Grezda and Dorrans back from injury and refresh the legs in the squad. Couple of weeks to work on things with the team also.

If we can take 15 points from those 5 very winnable games we will be in a really good place IMO. I just have real confidence in this group of players and the management team know what they are doing aswell.

Great post , nothing is decided in September and to my mind the pros outweigh the cons

Fantastic unbeaten run in Europe , 3 more Ibrox European nights to savour , good away league cup win against a decent Killie side , solid defence , deadwood shifted , squad still to reach full potential

Vs

One piss poor game against those bastards , dropped points away in a hard opening 4 game schedule , er , that's it

You would think to hear some fans it was the end of the world

Keep the faith

My arse!!

They won't succeed.
‘But facts are chiels that winna ding,/An downa be disputed’

Great post , nothing is decided in September and to my mind the pros outweigh the cons

Fantastic unbeaten run in Europe , 3 more Ibrox European nights to savour , good away league cup win against a decent Killie side , solid defence , deadwood shifted , squad still to reach full potential

Vs

One piss poor game against those bastards , dropped points away in a hard opening 4 game schedule , er , that's it

You would think to hear some fans it was the end of the world

Keep the faith

Yes mate the pros far outweigh the cons well said.

Back