Defibrillators in each section of the ground

DUP MP Jim Shannon is campaigning for defibrillators to be legally required in a range of public places I think he has introduced a bill to the house of commons so they will be a legal requirement in all public spaces.

It should be already I know outside the Scottish fire and rescue on the thorn in Johnstone there one nearby.

Was just looking online to see what I could learn about the event yesterday and found the following on sky sports. I think everyone should watch the videos even if they don't read the article:

I used to do first aid with St Andrews at Ibrox and currently work as a Paramedic. There are usually 2 first aiders in the Govan, Broomloan, Copland, Club Deck and 2 at each end of the enclosure that cover the enclosure/main stand and help with the field squad. Each team carry a first aid kit and defibrillator. Currently Scottish Ambulance Service also provides around 4 Ambulance crews, 1 for the field squad and 3 for the crowd and they all have defibrillators and are located at different parts of the ground. There's also a doctor in the Main first aid room at the west enclosure, typically an A&E consultant.
Ironically it sounds like having a heart attack in our ground would be one of the best places to have one, survival wise.

Was just looking online to see what I could learn about the event yesterday and found the following on sky sports. I think everyone should watch the videos even if they don't read the article:

I hope this will put a stop to all the bullshoite aimed at medical staff and GP's in particular spouted of late by certain politicians and pundits, who really haven't a fu****g clue and one would have thought should know better.

Surely we should already have them?

Anyone can use them though, don't need to be trained, they're designed that someone without training can use it and assist those in immediate need of help.

The defib talks you through the steps.

Ironically it sounds like having a heart attack in our ground would be one of the best places to have one, survival wise.
Absolutely, if I wasn't to have one at work I'd want to have it at Ibrox. I also agree that there should be wall mounted defibrillators in every concourse for fans to access. It could be several minutes by the time someone gets a stewards attention, for them to radio for a first aid/ambulance crew and for the crew to make their way to the location of the cardiac arrest. Whereas as somebody could run and grab a defibrillator within seconds, even the steward could run and grab it. I bet there's hundreds people in every stand trained in BLS.

it literally takes 5 minutes to learn how to use them, the machine talks you through its use.
Agree the machine is completely numpty proof and is step by step, also built in failsafe where you can’t shock anyone with heartbeat. Security personnel however require a greater level of training out-with that FAAW gives, I’d expect some to be trained to FPOS or FRAC 3 as a minimum
Stewards should be trained to use them, its quick and easy.

Back