Defoe’s goal

Surely deserves a thread of its own.

To control that ball with a side foot into the net was absolutely world class. Still think Defoe will have a significant role to play with us this season.
I'm still gushing. And I'm a bloke :)) . Absolute class.

As a former striker and a self proclaimed scorer of class goals, that was as good a finish as you’ll see
If that was messi or ronaldo we’d be talking about it for weeks

JD deserves to end his career with a few winners medals. After the career hes had it would be criminal for him not too.

Hopefully he hangs around untill the end of next season and he has bagged a good few medals and played in the Champions League with us also.

Guy is an absolute gem to have around the club.

To think there were some on here saying he was finished and no need for him.
He is best finisher by a country mile in this league and maybe won’t play everyweek but will play his part

Any other stuker in Scotland either lashes out to make contact and ball ends up in the stand, or trys to control it and loses it. To pass it into the corner whilst running as it comes over you... sublime.

It was a ridiculous finish. The audacity to even attempt it is top class; what a way to hit 300 career goals.

I never noticed at the time, but the way he carries on running after the goal with no celebration is excellent.
He doesnt break stride, and it looks to the world like "I do this every day"

Back