Article Deja Vu - post-match versus Hearts

Lovely article.
A more balanced view than a lot of the ridiculous criticism on many forum threads.
A tone of concern is one thing however the over the top scattergun approach where every player and the manager are targets is another.

I have seen mention of over coaching which is at least different from the usual, ... do we ever practise anything!
Much of the stuff being aimed at the players just doesn't even add up.
Yesterday the team hit the sweet spot for the entire first half, and yes, we should have been out of sight.
In the second the fluency dropped, but the creativity was still very evident and ironically despite being less flowing we still conjured up many telling moments of creativity that were sadly squandered.

On another day this would have been a comfortable victory with the forum going overboard on the team's many qualities.
Instead, a rare error from our goalkeeper saw us drop a point to a Hearts team that deserved nothing.
These things happen.

If we can build on yesterday's first half then we will soon see the goals begin to flow.
Alfie couldn't hit a barn door in the game but that should not detract from his fine link-up play nor from his consistency in getting into the right positions whenever he attacked the eighteen-yard box.
I have seen McCoist go through games when he was continually popping up in the right place but failing to hit the target.
Ask him and he will tell you, he would be more worried if he wasn't at least in the right place to miss.
Kemar Roofe was also inhibited by the previous weeks' exhortations on behalf of his national team, but he will be fully fit going forward and he will score goals.

For me the big positive was the players starting to gel in their approach play, the midfield was beginning to pass to its proper level, Kamara was good, Aribo was very good, Hagi was very clever and Lundstram was excellent.

There are a few players not yet back to their best form, but incrementally yesterday showed a lot of improvements.
We are getting there and when I last looked, we are still top of the league.

Back