Deloitte exposed.

Deloitte are one of the top accountancy firms in the world.

They would have been given a scope of work and have delivered exactly to that scope.

If they haven’t interviewed anyone or looked at any other internal communications etc then the scope has been very brief.

Deloitte have done the job they have been asked to do and the SPFL are spinning it as much as they can to look more thorough.

Yeah, because multinational financial firms have no history of unscrupulous employees and practices for financial gain.

I’m not saying that’s the case in this instance but %^*& me, do people forget 2008? Just because someone is a massive company, doesn’t mean they are immune from corruption and incompetence.

Yeah, because multinational financial firms have no history of unscrupulous employees and practices for financial gain.

I’m not saying that’s the case in this instance but %^*& me, do people forget 2008? Just because someone is a massive company, doesn’t mean they are immune from corruption and incompetence.

Don’t think my post says anything about them being free from any scandal. I’m sure you could find a scandal involving Deloitte in any country in the world.

People on this forum must blame Peter Lawwell if their train is cancelled or their pie is cold fs. With this level of supposed influence he has, it’s a wonder he hasn’t decided to stage a coup and crown himself leader of the world.

One of the biggest financial services companies in the world is conspiring with the SPFL? Really?
At local level....why not? They are a world wide Organisation built on servicing Clients within the Country/City they have a Branch

The engagement done for the SPFL probably won’t make up even 0.5% of the team who done its income for the year going by the scope. They’ve been asked to review a specific transaction and that’s what they’ve done. It wasn’t an audit or a review of the entire process.

their Glasgow office is full of tims though.

Christopher McKay (42), Was appointedFinancial Director and joined the Board in January 2016. Mr McKay spent 18 years in professional services, most recently in a senior position with global consultancy firm Deloitte which he left to join the company. He qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Deloitte in 2000 and has spent the last 15 years within the Financial Advisory area. He has extensive corporate financial advisory experience in many industries across the UK and International Markets.

The whole point of an external investigation is the investigators are not hand picked by the accused.

Unless your craig whyte and you get to pick who you want in the Scottish courts.

Deloittes given very narrow remit for easy money fee. The disclaimer language small print at the foot of their “opinion” will be longer than the opinion itself.
Pathetically predictable attempt by SPFL to perfume the turd with compliant journos latching onto the story. In my view actually increases the pressure for a truly independent review so is counter productive.
But beware the cornered fox. They have friends in the highest of places.

Deloitte will have looked at what they were asked to look at. The terms of reference will have been framed by the SPFL in such a way that no matter how independent Deloitte are - and they are independent - their results will have been what the SPFL wanted them to be.

This was not an audit. Deloitte had no statutory right to look beyond what the SPFL were willing to provide them. Deloitte will have been entirely dependent on what the SPFL showed them and told them.

To be honest - and I speak as a retired PwC partner so I know the industry - I'm surprised that Deloitte accepted the engagement. This was always going to be a high risk loser. Probably a fairly small fee and huge potential reputational damage. Had I been the engagement partner, I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot barge pole.

The engagement done for the SPFL probably won’t make up even 0.5% of the team who done its income for the year going by the scope. They’ve been asked to review a specific transaction and that’s what they’ve done. It wasn’t an audit or a review of the entire process.

their Glasgow office is full of tims though.
I bet there are some partners somewhere getting a kicking already for allowing Deloittes to become embroiled in this. Not a good news story for them regardless of how many others speak up for them in this thread.

Deloitte should have saw the outcome of this shitshow and declined the work. Whether they did the job asked of them or not, it associates them with corruption.

I doubt Deloitte are going to do the same type of forensic investigations as the polis - if someone has deleted evidence they probably won't find it - but they are simply not going to deliberately do a bad job either, or to actively protect anyone. If they put their name to something it's the entire brand at sake - and their entire brand is much much bigger than Scottish football.

The SPFL just make themselves look even guiltier by paying this mob to put together a micky mouse attempt at an independent report.

They are utterly shameless.

One of the biggest financial services companies in the world is conspiring with the SPFL? Really?
Er Yes.

They've been in Private Eye's sight for a long time. Check current edition.

Unrelated but they were put in charge of C19 test centre at Chessington. NHS Trusts are now boycotting

Deloitte are one of the top accountancy firms in the world.

They would have been given a scope of work and have delivered exactly to that scope.

If they haven’t interviewed anyone or looked at any other internal communications etc then the scope has been very brief.

Deloitte have done the job they have been asked to do and the SPFL are spinning it as much as they can to look more thorough.
So..Deloitte. Look at the contents of that ashtray and confirm you have found what may be ash!

Certainly sir...Yes Its ash.

That will be £25,000 please.

So..Deloitte. Look at the contents of that ashtray and confirm you have found what may be ash!

Certainly sir...Yes Its ash.

That will be £25,000 please.
It’s as if you were sat in on the meeting.

It’s been mentioned already, but I’m shocked the engagement was accepted in the first place. There’s a partner who’s going to have some explaining to do on Monday.

Deloitte will say whatever the client pays them to say, report goes to the 'client' in draft form in case changes are needed, the client can then choose whether to make the report public.

Absolutely worthless

Were you never one ?. I'm new also bye the way.

You are awfully argumentative sonny!

I recall you saying this BY THE WAY!

You can say whay you like about the Scum, but they have more balls than us Rangers fans when it comes to backing their club. Say anything about the Scum and they will go for the throat.

Jesus H Christ. Deloitte is one of the four largest professional services firms on the planet. They have over 300,000 staff and provide services to every sector. When you have that reach there's always going to be errors made bad press etc. It's easy to pull up articles like this for literally every global consultancy, law firm or financial institution.

But aye, this £40bn global organisation is in cahoots with the SPFL.

Deloitte in Glasgow is really just an agency who oversee the appointment and management of various independent accountants, auditors and various other consultants (where required) on a job by job basis under the Deloitte brand.

Deloitte globally, yep huge. Deloitte Glasgow, local, parochial and connected to quite a few Celtic Directors past and present....

Deloitte will have looked at what they were asked to look at. The terms of reference will have been framed by the SPFL in such a way that no matter how independent Deloitte are - and they are independent - their results will have been what the SPFL wanted them to be.

This was not an audit. Deloitte had no statutory right to look beyond what the SPFL were willing to provide them. Deloitte will have been entirely dependent on what the SPFL showed them and told them.

To be honest - and I speak as a retired PwC partner so I know the industry - I'm surprised that Deloitte accepted the engagement. This was always going to be a high risk loser. Probably a fairly small fee and huge potential reputational damage. Had I been the engagement partner, I wouldn't have touched it with a ten foot barge pole.
This is what I don't understand. Low fee, high negative publicity a certainty
Doesn't make sense to take the job
Consultancy industry probably hurting a bit at the moment though
I know the bank I work in has deferred a few jobs till later in the year whilst KPMG were pushing fairly hard to do them remotely

Deloitte in Glasgow is really just an agency who oversee the appointment and management of various independent accountants, auditors and various other consultants (where required) on a job by job basis under the Deloitte brand.

Deloitte globally, yep huge. Deloitte Glasgow, local, parochial and connected to quite a few Celtic Directors past and present....

I don't know how Deloitte are organised in Glasgow but PwC were primarily small and medium sized business and there was no local consulting presence because the market was too small. All consulting was out of London.

I had one client, Terex, who had a sub in the Glasgow area. We came over once to talk about the audit and, quite frankly, the locals didn't seem too switched on.

Has the SPFL asked Deloitte to look at its overall handling of this episode with a view to mounting a defence further down the line and this ‘investigation’ was part of that?

There is nothing of substance in this report. It simply documents the SPFL’s version of events without - according to McLaughlin - having actually spoken to any SPFL board members or anyone at Dundee!

Jesus H Christ. Deloitte is one of the four largest professional services firms on the planet. They have over 300,000 staff and provide services to every sector. When you have that reach there's always going to be errors made bad press etc. It's easy to pull up articles like this for literally every global consultancy, law firm or financial institution.

Its aww a fkn conspiracy, elaborate ponsy scheme made by them for them.

SPFL set the terms of reference - and the fee. They determine who they talk to. The only independent aspect is not actually being on the SPFL payroll.

Back