Derby County takeover - all updates in here

The Glazers at manu did the very same mate. Not a jot did they outlay - all loan monies.
I'm talking about his own actual company, they had very little track record and their only real track record was a successful round of fundraising based on the company's potential.

I've known some Derby fans before; were pretty nice folks. Hopefully this gets worked out for them, though if Ashley is the man than yikes indeed.
Agree decent bunch, I have family in Derby - the supporters didn't deserve to have had Mel Morris take them over.

Who owns the stadium?

Ashley is an absolute nightmare in waiting if he gets Derby… but it seems like there may not be any other option.

Also Rooney has done so well with them. Would really like to see him get a move to a club higher up the divisions soon

For anyone who wants to see how the media works, take a look at how the Derby story is being reported.

Alan Nixon of the Sun is being absolutely worked by the administrators. They're feeding him lines and he's belching them out without a second thought.

Meanwhile, Mike Ashley's camp are doing the exact same thing to Rob Dorsett and Sky Sports.

Because the admins are hostile towards Ashley (correctly so), Nixon is taking pot-shots at Sky on twitter.

It's all terribly unedifying.

I believe that something has to be done, the way these individuals come in and destroy clubs is immoral.
Not sure how the German model works but the impact to the local community when these things happen is huge.
Hope they get a decent backer with the Club and fans best interests at heart.

Feel for Derby fans here. This has been a shit show from start to finish with Morris, their administrators and Kirchner.

It’s a sad day when the best offer left on the table is Mike Ashley or potentially going bust.
god help them

So now it's clear this Kirchner guy has not got the money.

It's an absolute disgrace how the administrators and the EFL have allowed this charlatan to waste weeks that Derby don't have.

All that prize money from the playoff final. An the governing body can't reduce the price money to keep a member in the game. No loyalty in football

David Clowes has bid accepted for Derby County as Liam Rosenior is put in interim charge - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61944731

Good news for the Rams, my brother in law will be extremely grateful and relieved his team have avoided the Fat Bastard if as expected this is confirmed in a few days.

Looks likely that they're safe now, especially as Clowes is a local supporter and has already bought Pride Park.

Back