Derby County - takeover completed

Hopefully these new owners are sensible and cut their cloth accordingly.

Mel Morris started off with the best of intentions, but much like Leeds 20 years ago and us under Murray, they spent way more than they could afford, gambled on success and lost.

F@ck off Fatty.
So pleased for the Derby support especially the lad who is regularly on Heart and Hand.
Let’s hope this works out well for them.

If the schedule permitted it it would be a nice gesture to take a Rangers side down for a preseason match. Would help get a few quid into their coffers.

Glad that Derby managed to avoid the clutches of the fat one.

Wish them all the best in their quest to get back to where they belong.

Good news for the Rams fans, hopefully all their troubles off the field are finally over.

Now, there's only the small matter of Nottingham Forest to catch up with.

Good luck and I mean that most sincerely.

Well done the administrators, I wish we had been so lucky

Good luck to Derby
I think it’s a pretty similar deal to Rangers in 2012 from what I can tell, the sake of the business and assets to a newco. Obviously our CVA was rejected as part of that process which led to the SPL golden share transfer vote but I can’t find any details of a CVA being agreed by Derby’s creditors either.

It seems the EFL have removed the requirement for a CVA in their insolvency rules in the last couple of years but can’t find anything definitive.

I think it’s a pretty similar deal to Rangers in 2012 from what I can tell, the sake of the business and assets to a newco. Obviously our CVA was rejected as part of that process which led to the SPL golden share transfer vote but I can’t find any details of a CVA being agreed by Derby’s creditors either.

It seems the EFL have removed the requirement for a CVA in their insolvency rules in the last couple of years but can’t find anything definitive.
EFL rules changed in 2015 - CVA not required

“The League has removed the requirement for the purchaser to achieve a Company Voluntary Arrangement (CVA) meaning that it will transfer the club's share in The Football League to the Administrator's preferred bidder subject to their compliance with the League's other requirements.

It is anticipated that this will reduce the insolvency period and the associated professional costs, as well as providing greater certainty that the club will continue, thereby delivering a greater return to creditors. It will also prevent the Administration process being controlled by the club’s previous owner who in some instances will be the only party able to achieve a CVA. Again, it is expected that this will deliver a better return for creditors by increasing the number of potential purchasers.

On exit, the purchaser will be required to pay creditors a minimum of 35 pence in the pound over 3 years (or 25 pence on transfer of share) or face a further 15 point deduction at the start of the season following the insolvency event.”

My son in law is a ST holder at County, and I'm really glad they avoided the fat slag and a proper fan has invested.

Been a long 9 months mate. After 2012 with the teddy bears, I was happy it was over and glad I'd not go through it again. For it to happen to my hometown club has been arguably worse as it's more immediate. Anyway, onwards and upwards.
My son in law was a right good player for the rams , he’s over the Moon with the news

Been a long 9 months mate. After 2012 with the teddy bears, I was happy it was over and glad I'd not go through it again. For it to happen to my hometown club has been arguably worse as it's more immediate. Anyway, onwards and upwards.

I’ve been thinking of backing them to come straight back up, will most players from last season be staying on?

Good to see the club out of a horrible period. No doubt they will have the rest of a English football calling them Zombies and referencing them by the new company name.

Hope they get things sorted out and move onwards from their troubles.

Have to say, though, a phrase like "...is our new owner" gives me the fear.

Excellent news for them. Sad to see these clubs being put down like that, especially when there are good finances in the championship. From a club that knows what it’s like to have shite people at the helm, good luck to them

Interesting to see how they fair in league one this season. Almost done the impossible last year. Wish them well.

Back