Derby County to try for Gerrard

Double r folks.
These fake accounts are just mental. Everytime I see something on Twitter I'm looking for a sign it's been faked.

As for Gerrard I'll admit to a tad of concern and won't be happy till Derby have appointed someone else

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be nervous. Gerrard is a huge name in the game & a big draw for anyone down South. At some point he is going to be tempted & much as am sure he’s loving life at Ibrox it wouldn’t shock me if he left sooner than we all hope.

Yes, he’s wealthy but £8m bonuses & big spending power could help him get where he wants to go quicker. We are a big & compelling club, but like it or not the SPFL is a backwater with limited finance.

Folk posting fake tweets (and they may be old codgers posting in good faith, only excuse surely?) should maybe get a holiday

IMO it's very wise of Gerrard not to rule out the move to Derby publicly. Especially during a transfer window.

Makes sure the board knows he has other options & that they continue to deliver on promises and back him or he could be off. Oldest trick in the book.

Not a chance in hell he's even considering leaving this season, especially to go to Derby.

I’ve heard a few people say on a thread earlier that was chopped saying refuse to play Derby in a friendly. I don’t agree with that. Let them come up and have a look and realise for themselves what a massive club is.
And then put 5 or 6 past them.
Like the majority of them down south. Wee clubs with too much money.
Clubs get promoted from the championship down there and relegated the season after and survive on what they call parachute payments.
An example.., Fulham. Spend 100 million last season and then relegated. And then get their money back. Small clubs badly run and too much money.
Gerrard to Derby? Aye ok. Try again

If anyone is in anyway concerned by that interview they are a panic merchant? In the short term that interview doesn't have me concerned, but in the long term what if a club of similar stature to ourselves came after him, how would his answer align to that? I personally think he'll be here for the immediate term, mainly because he has brought players presumably on the basis that he would be here, but his answer for the longer term, isn't what I'd wanted to hear.

If anyone is in anyway concerned by that interview they are a panic merchant? In the short term that interview doesn't have me concerned, but in the long term what if a club of similar stature to ourselves came after him, how would his answer align to that? I personally think he'll be here for the immediate term, mainly because he has brought players presumably on the basis that he would be here, but his answer for the longer term, isn't what I'd wanted to hear.
Well, if a club of our stature came in he’d be off as it would most likely be Liverpool.

*Glen kamara tune*
55, 55 Stevie Gerrard
55, 55 they say.
55, 55 Stevie Gerrard,
Playing football the Rangers way.

Back