Derby County

I play football with a Ram and they love him....absolutely love him. When shit hit fan he took pay cut, explained things to every player including youth team, and paid for stuff from his own pocket...

22 games left = 66 points. They are 10 from 'safety'....I think it is possible.

I play football with a Ram and they love him....absolutely love him. When shit hit fan he took pay cut, explained things to every player including youth team, and paid for stuff from his own pocket...

22 games left = 66 points. They are 10 from 'safety'....I think it is possible.
Just watched the Walter Smith program and can't help but think that the grounding and guidance that Walter gave a young Wayne Rooney when starting his footballing career is now showing in his managerial life.

Not a fan by any stretch but have kept an eye on their results since the tinman went there.
Also not a Rooney fan but he has conducted himself well while in charge at Derby - football side of things.
Hope they do escape the drop.

I always thought Rooney would make a decent manager. Like Gerrard, he isn't the sharpest tool in the box, but is a football man and always had pretty interesting and original opinions when talking about the game. His Times column a few years back was good.

They are doing well, wouldn’t surprise if they pull off the great escape, although I suspect they may fall short.

Rooney will get a job at a bigger club the way it is going.

I posted ages ago saying I thought 10/1 Derby to stay up was a decent bet. That was with the original 12 point deduction. I took that bet. When they got the additional 9 points deduction they were briefly 33/1 to stay up. I tripled my bet then. If Derby stay up I might buy them ;)

50 points has been safe in five of the last six seasons so if they perform same in the second half of the season as the first they should make it.

Got to hand it to the rug wearing granny shagger. He’s done a cracking job and contributed massively to the welfare of the club. Whatever happens, he can hold his head up high.

He’s done some job and a lot of people wouldn’t have blamed him had he chucked it after all the off field stuff the club have been going through.

He will walk into a bigger job if he keeps them up.

State of the game when it’s not are you good enough to stay up but can you avoid a third points deduction or even liquidation. I don’t know how he’s got those players still up for it but it’s impressive. If you run stoke you have to look at that and think what’s going on here, how are they beating us at home.

Got to hand it to the rug wearing granny shagger. He’s done a cracking job and contributed massively to the welfare of the club. Whatever happens, he can hold his head up high.
As a balding middle aged man I have to defend "Wazza" Not a rug but one of those Kris Boyd-esque hair transplants. You're spot on about everything else though!

Beating Bournemouth seems to have given them a boost, they were well outplayed though, drew with Fulham, hung on there and were fortunate to say the least against West Brom.
Last night's winner came via yet another howler from an opposition player.

Never been a fan of any English teams it’s not my thing but I have to admit I am now looking for Derby results when they are playing. Don’t know the history of how they ended up where they are but I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a scenario like ours. Hope they can do the impossible and stay up what a season that would be for them. As for Wayne Rooney I have a bit more respect for him after all he continues to do there.

Beating Bournemouth seems to have given them a boost, they were well outplayed though, drew with Fulham, hung on there and were fortunate to say the least against West Brom.
Tbf they’re all expected to get promotion or at least make the play offs. Derby certainly aren’t

I was at the game last night and from the players to the fans they look totally galvanised and together. Stoke were shocking which is no surprise but I think Derby could be out of the bottom 3 by easter

After what he’s achieved in the game for club and country I still don’t get the feeling he would be offered a top job like Lampard or Gerrard. Don’t know if it’s the off the field stuff or the fact he looks scruffy, he just doesn’t look like a premiership manager.

Obviously a weird thing to say and if he does well then the Everton job might be most likely but I think to make it in the top flight he might have to get a team there himself.

Surprised how good they are this season. I watched the game that kept them up last season and they were a shambles.

Have always led Curtis Davies. Smashing big centre half.

Back