Derek McInnes named Scottish Premiership Manager of the Season

It is my unwavering belief that those who advance this average wee fud for future residence at the top of the Ibrox marble staircase are the same people who still think Ryan Jack could 'do a job' and talk pish about xG.

Rather than accepting second best forever, have some respect and ambition for the famous Glasgow Rangers.
Really?

It’s usually “Rangers da’s” that want McInnes, and they notoriously despise any kind of modern development in football, especially xG.

My understanding was that Rangers spoke to Aberdeen to seek permission to speak to him and Stewart Milne refused Rangers permission after speaking to him, we never spoke to him yet. whether he refused to speak to Rangers through lack of interest I don’t know.
I think he is the best of the Scottish managers in our league, but can not sure he should be anywhere near the Rangers job or anywhere in the future. I would rate him higher and more capable though than Beale and Pedro.
There’s an admin on here who’s posted before the supposedly real reason McInnes never took the job and it’s nothing to do with him shitting the bed.

Derek McInnes has been named Scottish Premiership Glen’s Manager of the Season for 2023/24.

Under his leadership, Killie secured fourth place in this season's top flight and earned a place in the Europa League qualifiers for 2024/25.

The Ayrshire side secured top six football with a draw at Tynecastle in March before securing their spot in Europe in the first games in the top six, culminating in a 1-0 triumph over St Mirren in Paisley.

Derek McInnes said: "I am delighted to accept this award, like any individual award there is a whole support team that's played their part in it.

"Having brilliant staff, I am recognising the effort from all of them, and the efforts of the players. The club is working as one and everyone is contributing.

"When positive results play out on the pitch and individual awards get given, it's indicative of the club doing a lot of things right off the pitch."
Deserved tbf to him. Gets alot of stick for turning Rangers down but people forget he'd have made an absolute fortune out it so unlike half our team the now, didn't just come for the money, he realised we were too far behind the filth at that time and didn't have the gravitas of a Gerrard to get 3 cracks at the league.

He also seems to have a great eye for a player, would be interesting to see what he could do with a budget. And the great Sir Walter Smith backed him for the job as well so we could yet see him manage us, although obviously I'm hoping Clement works out before that.

I think he’ll be the Rangers manager before the end of the calander year.

Clement has made so many errors in the last 2 months that I just can’t see him turning it. His approach to OF games is horrific.

I’ve never wanted McIness before now but with each passing failure we have he’s consistently proved himself to outperform his resources.

I would expect him to have us set up as a hard working, difficult to play against side that would get the job done domestically and win the league.

Knows what’s required to beat mentally challengeds he will be Rangers manager one day.

Maybe a lot quicker than people want sadly.

He absolutely does not. He's got a handful of wins in probably around 60 goes at it and one of them was when Celtic let him win to stop Rangers coming 2nd.

We are so small minded at times it's incredible.

Probably not far off our recent record and with a lot less of a budget.

I'd take him in the summer over Clement who has already shown he is clueless.
5c993918849a1858176cc694ee3c354a.gif

Didn't he have Aberdeen ahead of us twice in the SPL?

Much more qualified than Gerrard, Beale for example.
A dysfunctional Rangers in the grip of people of like David Summers . Great job . And of course it appeared Celtic threw their last game to allow Aberdeen to finish above us.

At least gerrard has won a league championship and saw real Euro progression against some good sides.

you’re polishing a turd trying to justify mcinnes as a viable option for rangers

I think he’ll be the Rangers manager before the end of the calander year.

Clement has made so many errors in the last 2 months that I just can’t see him turning it. His approach to OF games is horrific.

I’ve never wanted McIness before now but with each passing failure we have he’s consistently proved himself to outperform his resources.

I would expect him to have us set up as a hard working, difficult to play against side that would get the job done domestically and win the league.
Even if PC doesn't make things happen, there is a world of football managers out there beyond some parochial wee nyaff who "knows what it's all aboot" and sets up negative tactics etc etc.

It's actually frightening to think of how many people's ambitions have been dismembered.

Kilmarnock are Kilmarnock. We are the Rangers.

Think bigger.

A dysfunctional Rangers in the grip of people of like David Summers . Great job . And of course it appeared Celtic threw their last game to allow Aberdeen to finish above us.

At least gerrard has won a league championship and saw real Euro progression against some good sides.

you’re polishing a turd trying to justify mcinnes as a viable option for rangers
What about the other season they finished second ahead of us?

You could argue Aberdeen finishing second is more of an achievement than us winning the league, comparing budgets.

You play down Aberdeen finishing second because we were all over the place, what about the bheasts under Lennon?

Even if PC doesn't make things happen, there is a world of football managers out there beyond some parochial wee nyaff who "knows what it's all aboot" and sets up negative tactics etc etc.

It's actually frightening to think of how many people's ambitions have been dismembered.

Kilmarnock are Kilmarnock. We are the Rangers.

Think bigger.

Aye but Lewis Ferguson is doing well in Italy, therefore McInnes should get the Rangers job. Or something.

You could argue Aberdeen finishing second is more of an achievement than us winning the league, comparing budgets.

You play down Aberdeen finishing second because we were all over the place, what about the bheasts under Lennon?
Sorry mate , but you’re talking complete nonsense here in an effort to justify the Kilmarnock manager as some sort of undiscovered Pep.

Celtics position is in no way near comparable with our own. Sent down the leagues and all manner of chancers helping themselves to the club from the board , managers and players.

Finishing above a pre gerrard rangers is nothing to shout about - they were not called the banter years for nothing. There’s an argument to suggest we are still feeling the effects of 2012.

if McInnes is ever appointed don’t say you were not warned. 17 years , 1 major honour and 8 wins in 53 versus Celtic B-D

Sorry mate , but you’re talking complete nonsense here in an effort to justify the Kilmarnock manager as some sort of undiscovered Pep.

Celtics position is in no way near comparable with our own. Sent down the leagues and all manner of chancers helping themselves to the club from the board , managers and players.

Finishing above a pre gerrard rangers is nothing to shout about - they were not called the banter years for nothing. There’s an argument to suggest we are still feeling the effects of 2012.

if McInnes is ever appointed don’t say you were not warned. 17 years , 1 major honour and 8 wins in 53 versus Celtic B-D
I know it's not, when you consider budgets, Aberdeen ahead of us two years in a row is a better achievement.

I don't want Derek appointed btw, it'sheer snobbery though to downplay the achievements for me.

I know it's not, when you consider budgets, Aberdeen ahead of us two years in a row is a better achievement.

I don't want Derek appointed btw, it'sheer snobbery though to downplay the achievements for me.
It’s got nothing todo with snobbery , it’s about ability

Oh, come on! There’s trying to justify your opinion, then there is this.
Aberdeen finishing second is not ‘arguably’ a greater achievement than us winning the league. It is utter desperation to be seen as ‘correct’
Please stop

Last edited:
Probably not far off our recent record and with a lot less of a budget.

I'd take him in the summer over Clement who has already shown he is clueless.

lol mate.

Clement is far from clueless, it’s just unfortunate he’s been dealt a bum hand when he walked in, not to mention the amount of injuries he’s had to deal with.

He’ll be just as glad as we all are to see most of these impostors booted out the door.

Let’s just wait and see what he can do with his own players next season before throwing silly comments like that about.

He absolutely does not. He's got a handful of wins in probably around 60 goes at it and one of them was when Celtic let him win to stop Rangers coming 2nd.

We are so small minded at times it's incredible.
'He ["absolutely"] does not,' even though his team beat them twice this season; how does that make sense?

David Somers was long gone by then, Dave King took control the season before we were promoted.

Oh, come on! There’s trying to justify your opinion, then there is this.
Aberdeen finishing second is not ‘arguably’ a greater achievement than us winning the league. It is utter desperation to be seen as ‘correct’
Please stop
finishing ahead of a team with a gigantic financial gulf over you not once but twice is arguably better than finishing ahead of a team with a slight advantage, yes.

McInnes would be this generations Alex McLeish if/when he manages us. Would stabilise us and do well.

I'd be quite happy, he should have got job when Pedro got it.

And people slating his brand of football, having watched Clements dirge last 2 months, McInnes would be an improvement in style of play tbh.

Of course I don't know and I'm not presenting that as a fact at all - it's clearly an opinion, just as much as you have an opinion that he'd have been able to have done an comparable or better job than Clement. The two positive points of the season so far have been winning the League Cup and qualifying for the L16 of Europe in testing circumstances. McInnes won one trophy in eight years at Aberdeen and has limited experience managing in Europe, never mind achieving any form of success, so there's evidence there that he might not have achieved success where Clement did.

He's done well at Killie because I think he's probably better managing teams at that level. I think it was very interesting that Rodgers talked about him for the Rangers job at the start of the season.

Ultimately, he shat taking the Rangers job. Probably tells you everything.

Not sure how much of this is directed at me but I'm not sure King is good enough and I'd be looking to sell him in the summer. Jury is probably still out on Lowry. The issue with our managerial appointments isn't where they come from, it's a lack of experience. I'd have signed Shankland.

Mixed. I felt Celtic were there for taking under Lennon but we appointed a guy who had to learn on the job. We paid the price in the short term but I'm not sure Gerrard was the unconditional success some people think he is.
He sounds like more of a xenophobe all the time. If it’s homegrown it must be good, if it’s foreign it’s bad. The exact opposite of what he’s accusing other fans of doing. To already have people looking at a manager who previously shit himself when offered the chance to get the job, and do it before the current manager has even had a chance to get his own players in, seems just a bit mental. Surely people don’t think these players would shit the bed and bottle it if they’re team talk was coming from Derek McInnes?

McInnes would be this generations Alex McLeish if/when he manages us. Would stabilise us and do well.

I'd be quite happy, he should have got job when Pedro got it.

And people slating his brand of football, having watched Clements dirge last 2 months, McInnes would be an improvement in style of play tbh.
Hahaha.

You’re seriously suggesting McInnes led Rangers would win a cup double , followed by a treble ?

On what basis do you form that opinion ?

He sounds like more of a xenophobe all the time. If it’s homegrown it must be good, if it’s foreign it’s bad. The exact opposite of what he’s accusing other fans of doing. To already have people looking at a manager who previously shit himself when offered the chance to get the job, and do it before the current manager has even had a chance to get his own players in, seems just a bit mental. Surely people don’t think these players would shit the bed and bottle it if they’re team talk was coming from Derek McInnes?
I agree with your comment about our manager and the fact he deserves time and money to change the squad, that is why i already said it. I have not said anything negative about the manager plenty others have maybe you should take it up with them if its so upsetting.

No one can ever explain why McIness is such a dud he just is cos hes never been abroad and he is dull and boring. He never won the titles or had huge success at Aberdeen the way Sir Alex did and no one on sky sports elite/ulta or whatever its called talks about him.

I would say one thing that should be obvious to everyone now, local knowledge and a lot of passion for Rangers could be crucial when it comes to managers and signing players. I think Clement will sign Scottish players now he has had a chance to look at what he has and what he has to do.

This is Danger Zone right congrats on account number 50 ? :))

Let's not forget Rodgers was a strong advocate of McInnes taking the Rangers job a few months ago.

Wonder why?

Let's not forget Rodgers was a strong advocate of McInnes taking the Rangers job a few months ago.

Wonder why?
Maybe he is involved in football and has been up against him and knows that he is a good manager.

I think what he said was that he was close to being Rangers manager and he could understand why.

Wonder why?
He was being a snide bastard trying to talk down to us and McInnes. That's why.

McInnes has done a great job this season. He's a very good SPFL manager.

Many people on here need to get over the fact that he KB'd us. I'm personally glad that he did.

Derek McInnes has a good season now and again. This is one of them. He's the type of manager that could easily put the same team in a relegation battle. Congrats to him on getting this award though.

We should have appointed him when Gerard left, I have no doubt he would have steadied the ship and brought the title home. Said at the time but was universally shot down in flames.
You say this as if it's a foregone conclusion that he would have been a success.

Had his chance mate. You don’t turn your back on this club when it comes calling.

Unless you were privy in the discussions he had with the board for all we know his reasons could be justified, theres different rumours been circulated of why he didn’t take the job, but thats just rumours, no one officially has came out and said why. It’ll come out one day im sure.

You say this as if it's a foregone conclusion that he would have been a success.
It wouldn't have been a foregone conclusion, but with us leading the table at the time and his knowledge of the scottish league that particular season I personally think he would have won it.

Whats snobby about wanting better than a Kilmarnock/Aberdeen level manager or someone who shat his pants the last time he had the chance to be Rangers manager?

Look at his CV and then look at Clements, then tell me who’s is more impressive. But yeah, it’s just a foreign name we’re all after, that’s why Pedro went down so well. By the way Ally knew Scottish football inside out too.
This ‘shat his pants’ stuff where did this come from?
Is any real substance to this accusation?

Well deserved I reckon. He has a good knack of finding players and rebuilding teams year on year (especially at the Sheep)

Not sure if he could take the step up to Rangers.

Mad that we're now all back to rating him highly enough to be given the job.

Fine to say that he can do a decent job at a smaller team and that he doesn't have the balls for a job like Rangers.

He also massively underachieved at Aberdeen.
Aberdeen are doing a lot worse without him than they did with him

It's utterly depressing how many in our fanbase are happy with McInnes taking over at Rangers 'one day.' As if we haven't been mediocre enough.

A half decent manager with Kilmarnock who play on a plastic pitch and, er, that's basically it.

Get this so far to fuck.
Probably the same idiots that wanted to sign the mediocre Lewis Ferguson, who was never good enough for Rangers. What happened to that guy. Don't think he even gets a game for Aberdeen anymore.

Back