Dessers- 8 starts, 1 penalty and 1 goal

PGATour

Am I right in saying Dessers has now started 8 competitive matches as our main centre forward and scored 1 solitary penalty against Greenock Morton as a return and 1 solitary goal from open play against Servette?

Am I right in saying Dessers has now started 8 competitive matches as our main centre forward and scored 1 solitary penalty against Greenock Morton as a return?
yeah he definitely didnt score v Servette

Edit: not that it makes the record any better !

He’s utterly rank.The slowest movement I’ve seen from a Rangers striker since Ostenstaad.

He's not fast, he's weak and can’t hold the ball up, he's not a poacher, he doesn't make good runs, he's not got good ball control and he either gets caught the wrong side of the ball or underneath it.

He offers close to nothing - the definition of an empty jersey.

You say Ostenstad, I went with Herrera, but either comparison is fine.

As usual I want new players to succeed when they join us. Sometimes I see him and think has he played football before then others I think maybe there is something. He looks like a cut price Morelos (pre 2019 version)

I just don’t think we have a system in place at all. Strikers are not getting service and are left isolated.

Least of our problems last night but again that early chance when Cifu flashes the ball across, nowhere to be seen in the 6 yard box.

I was screaming at the TV at this one because the exact same thing happened in the first leg. Just before Sima scored, Cantwell smashed it across the six yard box. Dessers didn’t make the run. It was the same last night. He looks like someone who doesn’t know how to play as a centre forward.

Last edited:
He's not fast, he's weak and can’t hold the ball up, he's not a poacher, he doesn't make good runs, he's not got good ball control and he either gets caught the wrong side of the ball or underneath it.

He offers close to nothing - the definition of an empty jersey.

You say Ostenstad, I went with Herrera, but either comparison is fine.
Well you saved me typing this out. Thanks.

He reminds me more of James Beattie, when he was at us.

To be fair to the OP his goal against Servette was a ricochet off his knee and he was half a yard off the goal line..
Still a goal.

We'll be cutting Super Ally's tally significantly if we aren't counting those.

If it helps, I don't think Dessers looks good, and didn't think he looked good even when he scored his goals for Feyenoord in the Conference League. Most of them were scuffs or open goals too.

He looks exactly as he did in his youtube videos, knew nothing about him but remember not being fussed when people had mentioned the deal was dead.

He has time to turn it around but Colak was chased for less.
That’s thing. Colak…suddenly he doesn’t look as bad.

I didn’t think it at the time but maybe we should have gone for Shankland.

Not that there must be other quality strikers to choose from, of course!

Still a goal.

We'll be cutting Super Ally's tally significantly if we aren't counting those.

If it helps, I don't think Dessers looks good, and didn't think he looked good even when he scored his goals for Feyenoord in the Conference League. Most of them were scuffs or open goals too.
Totally agree, I struggle to see where or hows he's going to come good, domestically he could be sitting on 6 or 7 goals now with the chances he's missed, fair enough if he's missing half chances but he's not, he's missing sitters.. I'm praying Beale doesn't start him on Sunday.

I have posted in regards to Danilo and Dessers. Neither of them have ever been high goal scorers. That's a fact. What makes everyone all of a sudden expect them to do something they ahve never done. It's not hard to see that neither have regularly hit double figures especially in the league.

At least he’s contributed, more concerned about Danilo who we chased all summer, spent a fair amount of the budget on and now not in the starting 11, despite Dressers form.

Still don’t know what Lammers gives us long term, another who can’t get a start.

Last summers recruitment was a shambles, sadly, this summers doesn’t look any better.

Will caveat that by saying Beale needs to stop playing players out of position to accommodate his recent signings - get Cantwell and Raskin where they should be and build round that, especially Cantwell who is arguably the best player in the league.

I miss Colak. And I wasn’t even a fan of Colak. That’s how shite Dessers has been.

I’m sick of this give them time pish. Yes, I agree, some players will get a lot better in time, of course they will. But this is Rangers, if you’re shite in your first ten games we’re going to vent that view. And you better be a lot better in the next ten or you won’t last long. At Ibrox, during the 90 minutes, of course they all deserve unwavering support. But if the poor wee darlings can’t handle that in online forums and pubs across Glasgow we’re all calling them shite they need to get their agents to get them a move to a club with lower expectations.

He plays like Ricky Lambert. I’ve seen some good touches from him and that pass to Matondo last week. But he’s not looked particularly exciting so far.

Too early to be written off. I'm more concerned that we've spent 6m or whatever it was on Danilo to be warming the bench.

And quite possibly pissing the player off beyond belief too. No way he has signed up to swap back up striker for Feyenoord to back up striker for Rangers.

He needs to start playing games.

I'd like to see the Danilo and Lammers pairing up top, both work better with players around them to play off of.

Dessers looks like our only 'target man' type, but up top by himself has left him constantly isolated. Only time he's looked better is when Roofe played closer to him.

Back