Did Gordon Durie ever score against Celtic?

I’ve been consistent . No hypocrisy from me . Slating our own isn’t in my nature . Hypocrisy is slagging off Morelos because of a freak stat just now against one team , and ignoring every massive goal he’s scored for us including putting us through to the group stages where the club will earn millions .

Yer a consistent shit talker.

And shit speller of 1 our deceased players.

You accuse a poster of being childish but in return you say you will run to admin for them posting 3 letters, ffs.

You squire are indeed a hypocrite.

Yer a consistent shit talker.

And shit speller of 1 our deceased players.

You accuse a poster of being childish but in return you say you will run to admin for them posting 3 letters, ffs.

You squire are indeed a hypocrite.

You are the hypocrite, “ squire “ .

And yes I will report abuse of any of our players to admin . It’s a Rangers forum not a place for loud mouths to denigrate our own players . But you know that already .

No, that's just where a lot of his shots ended up

giphy.gif

Did their own Dixie deans not play over 130 games for them scoring something like 90 goals and never managed a Single goal against us ??

The obsession of Morelos is off the charts . Yes he’s overdue a goal against them but there are others who can score as well . It’s not all down to one player . He didn’t even start the last game against them . What a strange obsession there is over alfredo . The boy is the best player we’ve had by far in over a decade .

I hate to say but I think he scored in a 1-0 game at their midden

I hate to say but I think he scored in a 1-0 game at their midden

I checked and he said himself he never scored against us .

My point being their much revered Dixie deans never scored against us , but some of our own fans on here want Alfie hung drawn and quartered for not scoring yesterday or in previous 10 games ( despite coming off the bench in a couple) . He’s plenty more to come and will score of that I’ve no doubt .

I don't care about Aguero not scoring against Liverpool, I don't care about Sterling not scoring against Man U I don't support Man City, it means %^*& all to me..

I'm not implying anything I am stating the fucken obvious - Morelos for a player remunerated to the level he is by us has a fucken chronic record against Celtic.
We're all hurting.

That's nonsense.

Larsson scored against us in 2-2 draw at Ibrox when Amato scored and also when we lose 5-1 in 1998.

Morelos has played for us since 2017 so approaching 2 and a half years against them. In that time he has missed sitters (not chances but sitters) in 0-0 draw under Murty, 2-3 at Ibrox, 0-4 at Hampden and then that shambles yesterday.

It's strange tbh but it's not acceptable either that a Rangers striker seems incapable of scoring against them
Kris Boyd ońly scored one against them, but how many trophies did he win for us?

The lack of goals from elsewhere is a bit of a concern. Kent doesn't get enough, the midfield has no real scorers, and we just don't have a forward on the right hand side.
100% the way we are set up needs goals throughout the side if we are going to be successful.
Arfield, Kent (though I’ve been impressed with him recently), Aribo not chipping in anything like as many goals as we need them to.

That's nonsense.

Larsson scored against us in 2-2 draw at Ibrox when Amato scored and also when we lose 5-1 in 1998.

Morelos has played for us since 2017 so approaching 2 and a half years against them. In that time he has missed sitters (not chances but sitters) in 0-0 draw under Murty, 2-3 at Ibrox, 0-4 at Hampden and then that shambles yesterday.

It's strange tbh but it's not acceptable either that a Rangers striker seems incapable of scoring against them
Any players you've not stated yesterday/today? Surprised your scatter gun has any bullets left.

I loved Juke Box, what player he was; it doesn't really matter who he did and didn't score against, he was a very good player. Morelos' goal against Porto proved how good he is; if a better goal is scored this season it will have to be an incredible goal. Both great players.

Reactions: SSR
Hes abusing our best player calling him chronic etc . Who needs enemies. Spoilt brats. Get behind the team , you’re a disgrace .
Ffs that’s the second time in a couple of days I’ve seen you blatantly misrepresent what someone has posted to fit your narrative. What strange behaviour.

He said his record against Celtic is chronic, which I’m sure you already knew but decided to twist it anyway. When you consider some of the chances Fredo has missed against them, his record is absolutely chronic

He said his record against Celtic is chronic, which I’m sure you already knew but decided to twist it anyway. When you consider some of the chances Fredo has missed against them, his record is absolutely chronic

Get behind the boy ffs he’s scored 25 goals this season . Honest to fck

Did their own Dixie deans not play over 130 games for them scoring something like 90 goals and never managed a Single goal against us ??

The obsession of Morelos is off the charts . Yes he’s overdue a goal against them but there are others who can score as well . It’s not all down to one player . He didn’t even start the last game against them . What a strange obsession there is over alfredo . The boy is the best player we’ve had by far in over a decade .
Dixie Deans....christ that's going back a bit. Remember him.

From what I recall Colin Stein never scored many against them...3 or 4? And Stein was a prolific goal scorer.

Get behind the boy ffs he’s scored 25 goals this season . Honest to fck
I’m 100% behind him. I love the wee man, but there’s no point in denying he hasn’t done it vs the filth. There’s no grey area. We need to find a solution to this particular issue in the next 3 weeks

No, but since we had McCoist, Hateley, Gazza & Laudrup and two front men, it was insignificant. I don’t ever remember relying on Durie to rescue us with goals. Jeez, even when he scored a cup final hat trick we all ignored him...lol Unfortunately in modern football you have one main striker, and if he isn’t scoring you are in a bit of trouble against your main rivals
You don’t think we ever relied on him to rescue us with goals?

Try thinking back to the tiar season and particularly the second half of it after Negri’s injury.

He was the main striker for the big push.

He played in 26 games and scored in 2 of them.

I’ve never gone off a player as much as I did with Gordon Durie.

I think he won something like 7 league championships and collected umpteen cup medals with us but did he ever score against them ?

7 seasons that must have been a hell of a lot of games v them.
No, he did not score against them.
Shite player he must have been.
Windass did though.
So did Gordon feckin Dalziel.
Legends them both.

And it's not solely being placed on one man but FFS people are right to have expected a few goals from a Rangers forward against Celtic by now more so given the context around that forward.

If the lowering of the water mark is "well Durie didnae" then it is an omission of how dross a record it is.
It’s not that it shouldn’t be expected of Morelos to have scored against the scum, it’s that, apparently, he cannot be a good player until he does.

The obsession with Morelos is because they know he's good and they fear him. If he was sh!te then no one would be talking about him.

We need to back him, and the rest of the team. We played them off the park and could have properly hammered them had we had a slice of luck on the day. They couldn't get out their half.

That's nonsense.

When you say “not acceptable” I guess he should be penalised or disciplined by the club.
Should he be dropped against them?
How do we redress this, given that, using your term and that we should not accept this, his time must be at an end?
Or, do we actually just accept it for the anomaly that it is?
I’m struggling here, help me out.

You don’t think we ever relied on him to rescue us with goals?

Try thinking back to the tiar season and particularly the second half of it after Negri’s injury.

He was the main striker for the big push.

He played in 26 games and scored in 2 of them.

I’ve never gone off a player as much as I did with Gordon Durie.

I vaguely remember him struggling but didn’t realise his record was THAT grim. I do remember a visibly overweight McCoist coming back in and being an instant upgrade, breaking his back to try and get us 10.

When you say “not acceptable” I guess he should be penalised or disciplined by the club.
Should he be dropped against them?
How do we redress this, given that, using your term and that we should not accept this, his time must be at an end?
Or, do we actually just accept it for the anomaly that it is?
I’m struggling here, help me out.

50 lashes and prevented from seeing his pregnant wife until he scores against them. That should do it.

Maybe Dave King could threaten to burn down his village too.

50 lashes and prevented from seeing his pregnant wife until he scores against them. That should do it.

Maybe Dave King could threaten to burn down his village too.
I don’t know why you bother replying to my posts, bud.
I’m trying to find out what “unacceptable” means to the poster and what the alternative is.
Does it mean he should be sold as soon as possible and replaced with a player more acceptable who’ll maybe score against Celtic.
Like a Josh Windass.
Maybe an Oli McBurnie type of cv, a player who seems to get a few at a higher level than we’re at?
Or, perhaps promote a kid like we did with Robert Fleck who did alright for a while and did score against Celtic.
Like I posted, I am simply trying to find out what is acceptable if Morelos isn’t and how we fix it.
Surely that is a reasonable question.

Back