Did They win this title or did we throw it away ?

Motherwell, Dundee, Ross County.

When a majority of our squad decided they never wanted to win any of the above games it was over.

Makes me sick how much we collapsed,we were 6 points ahead at one point,let that sink in

we have a team of bottle merchants and things need to change or will be the same old same old next season

put it this way,we can only go up from here as we cant get any worse,right??

Today didn’t come as a shock but f@ck we had this title in our grasp and bottled it on several occasions
We've got a squad of players so poor that they make Taylor and Welsh look competent FFS. We've not laid a glove on them all season and that's probably the poorest defence they've had in a long time.

Combine that with a midfield and defence who can't keep them out, and throw in mistakes and own goals every time we play them, then I think it's clear we've thrown it away. They've won the league based on the games they've played against us, and in every single one it's been blatant errors and shooting ourselves in the foot that's decided the outcome of the game.

They’ve won it.

Sorry but they did.

People look at these Dundee and Ross county results in some sort of incredible isolation.

like those were the only surprising things to happen this season.

The mentally challengeds dropped points left right and centre.

4 slipped through their fingers from winning positions against Kilmarnock and Motherwell at home - when they were winning in injury time

So I don’t get how we act like Ross county and Dundee killed is and no other results across the 38 matter.

It wasn’t in these players to win it - repeat all the scenarios again this run in and you’ll have the same outcome

Trust clement is the man to change it in time

Offered me this scenario in September and I'd have said you were off your head (maybe not quite as politely of course).

However, to get into pole position and %^*& it up again is sickening.

We’re six behind them, they took 10 points off us, therefore unfortunately in my view they won it rather than us handing it to them. They’ll point to their defeats such as at home to Hearts. They are shyte, we are shyter.

Last edited:
They’ve won it.

Sorry but they did.

People look at these Dundee and Ross county results in some sort of incredible isolation.

like those were the only surprising things to happen this season.

The mentally challengeds dropped points left right and centre.

4 slipped through their fingers from winning positions against Kilmarnock and Motherwell at home - when they were winning in injury time

So I don’t get how we act like Ross county and Dundee killed is and no other results across the 38 matter.

It wasn’t in these players to win it - repeat all the scenarios again this run in and you’ll have the same outcome

Trust clement is the man to change it in time

Their horrific 3 game run in February won it for them.

They should have had 0 points from 9, but received 5 due to some bizarre ref decisions which went in their favour.

We can't compete against that, tbh.

Today didn’t come as a shock but f@ck we had this title in our grasp and bottled it on several occasions
They won it. They are the team who delivered when it mattered. 4 times we had an opportunity to beat them, 4 times we failed, they are the better side, not by a great margin but they are better than us, my fear is that Rubber Faced manager of them, will now go out and spend heavily on new players. He will know their shortcomings. We need to somehow clear the serial failures and hopefully get some decent signings on.

Injuries fucked us.

They went full strength at the business end and us the total opposite.

A lot of factors sadly 1 point against them isn’t acceptable!
Losing to Motherwell, Ross County and Drawing at Dundee is where it was lost not today!

"We threw it away" is something that both sets of fans say as an attempt to discredit the other team. I heard them say it even when we cruised to 55.

They went on a winning run at the crunch period, just as important as us bottling it against County and Dundee.

Cannot put into words how much I detest their club in every way shape and form.

However let's have it right, they are worthy champions for making it count on every single occasion they've played us this season.

I'll go against the grain here and say they won it.

I know we threw points away from a position of advantage but to be honest if you can't win a single old firm league game you shouldn't be in a title race anyway.

We done hard work to claw it back but we've not laid a glove on our closest rival.

It doesn't matter what way you look at it, they won it and we didn't that's it.

They been handed another one ... ?? Surely no or have I missed something . FFS mate can you not see the BLATENT pish that accompany there wins in crucial games. 4 times this season we have had to deal with scandalous decisions IN THEIR FAVOUR in games v them, todays pen the most blatant and while it did not change the outcome ,had a huge psychological effect on both teams . Yet they win a game v us hanging on to an own goal against 10 men Yes its all but over but hardly a Convincing victory.
NO SURRENDER. even Brenda saying about the goal difference . He like big Jock before him KNOWS....

irrespective of who won this title the other team was always going to have regrets

For me, the path to eventual success starts with acknowledging the truth, and that most of their first team is better than most of ours.

Their defense isn't better than ours, IMO. They're shaky. I'd rather Tav + Ridvan over their shite full backs. But they're better in every other area aside from keeper, and I'd trade most of their players for ours, with one or two exceptions (Sterling foremost amongst them).

Ultimately, that boils down to the quality of signings we've made over the last few years (mostly mediocre), and the refusal to recycle elements of the team earlier.

When you finish the season on 1 point from a possible 12 in the direct head to head you deserve absolutely nothing.

Regardless of how you want to spin it that’s the reality.
Totally agree with this. They are so much sharper and fitter looking than us. Injuries aside we need to try and get rid of our over 30s players this close season and hope that the boss is as good in the transfer market as he has been in gelling this dads army of crocks he inherited

It's obviously always both.

The far more depressing thing was/is the utter predictability of it all.

The club and the team never surprise us. They just do the same thing over and over again. From one season to the next. From one game to the next. From one half to the next.

Come August, it'll start again.

They won it. We haven't beaten them this season and don't deserve to win the league.

We are a terrible side.

Both, they lost it and we clawed it back, literally in our grasp but once again these serial losers bottled it (again).

Of course we handed it to them. To many slips ups against supposedly weaker teams never mind results against that mob. Ask yourselves this, out of every player in the squad today and also the injured players, who will be playing for Rangers names season. IMHO I hope it’s very few of them. We need to build a team of winners and not with a very few exceptions the serial losers we have now. :(

We were only ever 2 points clear. We never had a healthy lead for us to “throw it away”.

Celtic won the league over the season, there’s no other logical way to look at it without driving yourself mad.

We lost it as with not beating Ross County, Dundee and Motherwell which shows we have a clear mentality issue.

A bit of both.

We'd be lying to ourselves if we said Rodgers hasn't turned it around since March. They're not great, but neither are we.

They won it, they won it firstly because we simply are incapable of beating them.
1 point from 12 is fucking honking.
Then there's also the other fucking shambolic points dropped elsewhere.

We gave them it. Killie on opening day, Aberdeen and Motherwell at home and then Dundee and ross county. We win the bread and butter games we win the league.
We took more points off the other teams than they did, they have taken 10 points off us, and have a 6 point lead.

We have a squad of shitebags mentality of a mouse until we change it we won’t be successful majority of these players are not good enough we handed it to them again.

No race is won in the first corner, but many are lost there.

That and the old firm games.

Looking like we might finish the season more than 7 points adrift of them, which I believe we were when Beale was chased. Just not good enough.

Back