Diddy team players winding up Rangers fans

Maestro72

Couldn’t help but wonder why SPL players do this when they score against us at Ibrox. There’s a very high chance we’ll come back and end up winning the game so why on earth do they do this? It’s often guys nobody in the stadium even knows or cares about.

The clown last night cupping his ears only to scudded being a case in point.

Couldn’t help but wonder why SPL players do this when they score against us at Ibrox. There’s a very high chance we’ll come back and end up winning the game so why on earth do they do this? It’s often guys nobody in the stadium even knows or cares about.

It's football isn't it?

When Arfield opened the scoring against Liverpool do you not think a load of our fans were getting torn into the scousers? It won't be much different for players will it?

To be fair if I was a mediocre footballer playing for a diddy team and I scored against Celtic I’d probably end up with a red card.

But really? They are players it’s what they do. Players will obvisouly love scoring against us and they enjoy the moment. Wouldn’t let it bother you too much

Spot on.

Probably something to do with being regarded as clowns who play for diddy teams :))

It has long been the way, I remember St Mirren players doing it in the 80s after they took the lead.
Laughing and waving to us as, celebrating like they've won a cup.

The game finished three one to Rangers .

Why wouldn't they? Probably the biggest moment of their careers and they want to milk.

I don't let it bother me.

Even Rangers fans have enjoyed scoring against Rangers and rightly so. They are professional footballers earning a living and scoring against a big team like us should be enjoyable. You go out to prove yourself.
I wouldn’t.
I’d try 100% but I wouldn’t celebrate, I know I wouldn’t.

The big Ross County guy was a bit reserved in his celebration against us.

Yet it's riled you up?

I thought the Dundee player that scored their first was very subdued however, I may have miseed his gesture.

When we played Sherborne at Tranmere's ground at the start of the Advocaat era, their player that scored the 3rd goal done his vodoo not worky as if he was a cop directing the traffic. :))

Not so much the players but the Dundee fans on Tuesday chanting at 2 nil up your shite and you know you are. I longed for the banter of yester year where we would be chanting back 2 nil and you Fecked it up.

To be fair if I was a mediocre footballer playing for a diddy team and I scored against Celtic I’d probably end up with a red card.

But really? They are players it’s what they do. Players will obvisouly love scoring against us and they enjoy the moment. Wouldn’t let it bother you too much
Don’t ever underestimate your talent h_a_t_s

Was it not Bakayoko who was making a deal of it probably linked to the pishing rain fiasco on a pitch without drainage .

Enjoying their moment. Understandable and can’t see a reason not to. Hardly going to curtail their enjoyment by thinking “we’ll probably end up pumped”.

Is there a reason why they shouldn't celebrate? Rangers go 1-0 up in the Bernabeu, do you want some gentle pats on the back from your teammates and on with the game?

Because the fans react to it. Simples.

If I scored at Ibrox I'd be giving it big licks, if anything a bit of banter with the fans.

I'd stop at goading anyone right enough

If I scored at the Tramphitheatre, F*ck knows what I’d do.

It would certainly be a lot more offensive that cupping my ears.

Baws maybe, ears no.

Robert Fleck had the right idea there.

My invisible old orange flute would be out.

In fact it would have been out after skinning a couple of players down at the jungle and the main stand would have been getting itin the second half.

It’s not just scum supporting players who do this.
There have been plenty of Rangers supporting players or players who were Rangers supporters previously who have done this.

When you support a diddy team going up 2-0 away with a chance to make their biggest rivals win the league must be like us winning the champions League, let them have their moment. Doesn’t really bother me as others have said, it usually comes back to bite them.

It’s not just scum supporting players who do this.
There have been plenty of Rangers supporting players or players who were Rangers supporters previously who have done this.
And Celtic fans against Celtic.

Austin McCann
Paul Hartley
Chic Charnley

Is there a reason why they shouldn't celebrate? Rangers go 1-0 up in the Bernabeu, do you want some gentle pats on the back from your teammates and on with the game?
I swear some folk don’t actually read posts they quote.

The point is around noising up opposition fans when it’s likely you’ll get a skelping anyway and a) why bother when the opposition fans don’t know you and b) you’ll be made to look an idiot when you’re team is trounced.

Nowhere is it about not being allowed to celebrate a goal.

Scotland just appears to be infected and infested with Rangers hating scum.

If it could ever somehow be quantified, it would be interesting to know what the effect 2012 has had on support base in Scotland. Amongst other bullshit like an SNP govt for so many years.
The full 2012 was political motivated

The ironic thing is that we had a very diverse fan base which although still diverse prob bags snp more now than then

During the indy ref I was telling everyone in my family they are corrupt and will do us nothing but harm think I was only one who voted no

Here we are years later and they hate them as much of not more.

If I scored against them, I'd probably get the jail tbh.

My biggest fantasy was playing against Rangers at Ibrox for a wee team in a SC tie in the early to mid 80s. It's late in the game and it's still a draw and the troops were getting antsy.

I got the ball in the middle of the park, waltzed past a couple of defenders or three, then rounded big McCloy. I then with the ball and an open goal in front of me booted the ball into the Govan Stand. I then just walked off. No way was I scoring against us.

Unprofessional, to the nth degree? Absolutely.

But it made a change from looking at my favourite poster of Cheryll Ladd.

I couldn’t care less if they whipped out a Rangers scarf and flossed their arse with it.

If we continually allow these teams to score first then we deserve all the stick we get from them.

The point is around noising up opposition fans when it’s likely you’ll get a skelping anyway and a) why bother when the opposition fans don’t know you and b) you’ll be made to look an idiot when you’re team is trounced.

They're enjoying the moment, one that comes along once in a blue moon. You want them to trudge back to their own half because they'll probably lose the game anyway?

Do players try and noise up the filth like this in as regular a fashion?

We allow them to.

Let's be honest here, if I slipped through the net as a shite footballer who made it with a diddy club and scored against that lot. I'd be doing an Adebayor style celebration.

A tinpot attitude which has got them precisely nothing,

Intimidated by the size of our club, stadium, supporter base,

Interesting that they never do it at Celtic park ! small club mentality!

Back