Different season. Same chat.

TheLizardKing

Well it’s Groundhog Day…again.

Even more angry this morning after sleeping on it. Pig sick of getting to this point of the season and talking about summer rebuilds. We literally need everything except a goalkeeper in the summer. Need multiple defenders, midfielders, wingers and strikers. Folk who are not mentally fragile.

How do we fund it? God knows.

Simply put not winning this league is going to set us back for years to come.
We have very little sellable assets whatsoever and we are skint.
The fans will still be asked to over pay season after season to watch and suffer the same folk letting us down time after time while the scum bank 50 million sets quid and rack up a few more domestic trophies.

Simply put not winning this league is going to set us back for years to come.
We have very little sellable assets whatsoever and we are skint.
The fans will still be asked to over pay season water season to watch and suffer the same folk letting us down time after time while the scum bank 50 million sets quid and rack up a few more domestic trophies.
With an extra europa league home match this season it's likely the 4 match package will be somewhere close to £200.

The whole squad won't be gutted in one window but we can make a start. Replace the spine in the summer and start from there.

This is what happens when your recruitment is this bad for 3/4 years. Culminates in needing major work, normally you’re adding pieces every season but we’ve bought a shower of absolute dross

Spot on mate. It’s not about how much you spend, it’s how you spend it. We’ve spent horrifically. Even disregarding the transfers, the wages we’re paying that loser leadership group alone.

I hate to break it to you but we might need a goalie too. Selling Butland is the only way I can see is funding some of the spending we need to do.

Even more angry this morning after sleeping on it. Pig sick of getting to this point of the season and talking about summer rebuilds. We literally need everything except a goalkeeper in the summer. Need multiple defenders, midfielders, wingers and strikers. Folk who are not mentally fragile.

Started for me 15seconds into the OF at Ibrox, writing was on the wall from then, was like watching a bad sequel well infact several bad sequel’s

Fooled again and it hurts

What we need to do is focus on buying players with the correct profile. We need to be signing young athletic guys not guys like Tom Lawrence and lundstram. That’s the reason that we won’t be winning leagues. Dare I say it but all you have ti do is look across at Celtic . It’s night and day

Last night's result has all but confirmed another god knows how many years of dominance for them. It's not just this league title we've destroyed.

The reality is that we’ve got 2, maybe 3 sellable assets in Butland, Sterling and Ridvan. There is a very real chance that at least two of them will need to be sold to fund the level of rebuild required.
A daft offer from Saudi for Tav would be most welcome in all honesty as it would potentially let us keep hold of one of the others mentioned.

Last night's result has all but confirmed another god knows how many years of dominance for them. It's not just this league title we've destroyed.

All I would say to that is things can change very quickly. But yes looking at it this morning it’s hard to retain any hope going forward.

Like 55 our only chance of winning titles now & for the foreseeable will come if they totally implode. They’ve handed us the chance to win it. A genuinely great chance & we are not near it.

Before their ST money, they are looking at massive CL money for a Scottish Club, probable hefty fees for O’Riley & Frimpong. And if they get a healthy bid for their better players they will pull the trigger, unlike us. They could make good profit on Johnston, Carter-Vickers, Scales, Hatate, Kyogo & Maeda. And they would.

We are scrambling to finance a rebuild that can only save Clement’s future beyond next season.

We are looking at our goalkeeper commanding a big fee, and the madcap idea that maybe the Saudis will pay over the odds for our ageing and damaged captain. After that, we’ve no major assets & no major profitable sales this summer.

The problem is that we can't just sack the entire squad, we're stuck with many of them for a number of years. As always.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we’re back on a similar thread 12 months from now raising the same issues with another manager in the dugout and millions more wasted on players over the next two windows.

We are the exact same shambles of a club we were 12 months ago the yahoos having a severe dip in form this season just covered that fact up.

We’re lucky they lost in the league cup or they’d probably win yet another treble this season.

I suppose the only positive is we managed to make it to April before their bottle crashed! The core long term senior players need to be moved on and a few others. Clement should be saying find new clubs to their agents!

By selling our goalkeeper

Yeah, it's all very tiresome.

As per the last however many years, we need an absolute blinder of a pre-season. But who's confident that we'll get it? Not me.

Back