Djed Spence to Rangers (rumour)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get £15m plus a sell on then we will sell Patterson imho. I hope it isn’t so as I would want him to go in 3 yrs for £25 to £30m….but I reckon we have to demonstrate a big sale for future too!!

For me I look at as Gerrad has stated every player has a price & if that has been met & then if it’s Patterson then the player (if he chooses) will leave. We are a selling club & that includes our younger players imho.As long as the money is what the club has deemed acceptable & we then reinvest in the playing staff then for me is the correct way forward.

We were linked with him earlier if a big over for Patterson comes in then I think we move for him

I think we have to start thinking rationally about this. If we got offered £10m + with add on we need to think about it. We sell a player not critical to our team in the immediate future for enough money to see the season out. Would you rather we sold Morelos, Kent or Kamara? I would rather sell Tav but he is so happy comfortable here he is not going to move. There is also no guarantee that Paterson will develop as we hope.

Doesn't make any sense. At all.

Sell Patterson for £10m and replace with a loan or free = awful and there would be outrage but at least you'd understand it from a financial pov.

But sell Patterson for £10m and replace with a like for like at the same age but not homegrown using the majority of the money earned = Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Last edited:
Rumour from where ? YOU, F**k off !

seems_a_little_crazy_weird_al.gif

Even if we sold Tav or Patterson for big money, we would not spend a lot on a replacement when the money could be used to strengthen other positions

Least area of the park we need to stenghten? Even in a timmy wonderland the last thing we willl do is sign this lad. it just ain't gonna happen.

File under pish.

transfermarkt site says he has played RM this season and i never went further back to see if thats a role he played previous .
not looking too deep at this unless theres other movement

If we get £15m plus a sell on then we will sell Patterson imho. I hope it isn’t so as I would want him to go in 3 yrs for £25 to £30m….but I reckon we have to demonstrate a big sale for future too
Listen if we get anywhere near £10 million for Patterson then he is gone, let's not fool .ourselves. Anybody that pays that sort of money for an understudy then we lap it up every single day of the week.

That Spence is a very promising RB and would probably cost quite a few million.

Unless Patterson or Tav are leaving we don't need to sign another RB.

We should also in no way be looking to sell Patterson (unless it is a ludicrous bid £12-15 million) and replace him with an older player who isn't as good. It would also irritate me in the sense of losing a high potential Club trained Rangers fan who counts to our homegrown club players. Especially as we'd have to spend a decent chunk of it to bring in this Spence.

If we do lose Patterson I'll be pissed if it was as little as £8-10 million.

Listen if we get anywhere near £10 million for Patterson then he is gone, let's not fool .ourselves. Anybody that pays that sort of money for an understudy then we lap it up every single day of the week.
He might be worth x million in future

But right now he's out second choice RB who hasn't played much at all. If a £10m offer comes in for him were certainly going to take it seriously and find it hard to turn down. It's effectively £10m for someone who literally won't even effect our results or performance as he doesn't really get games

Not a chance,it would be an absolute insane decision to sell a stud now.The last guy in the squad I would even think about selling.

Get real and come in to some semblance of reality - he is pretty much an understudy who may or may not be the best thing since sliced bread but for £10-15 million we are going to cash in our chips every single time. These are the sales we need to make.

Makes zero sense to sell Patterson, if Everton are willing to pay £5m for a young kid who’s played 14 first team games just think what we’d get if he has the same path as tierney did at that lot, we’d be looking at a Scottish record transfer.

He might be worth x million in future

But right now he's out second choice RB who hasn't played much at all. If a £10m offer comes in for him were certainly going to take it seriously and find it hard to turn down. It's effectively £10m for someone who literally won't even effect our results or performance as he doesn't really get games

For us he obviously isn't a £10-15 million player because he isn't even a first pick. For somebody like an Everton he is a prospect that might be absolutely terrific - these EPL teams will routinely pay that sort of money on these type of players. If we get that sort of money then we won't even have to think twice and nor should we as he isn't exactly a massive miss to our first team.

Get real and come in to some semblance of reality - he is pretty much an understudy who may or may not be the best thing since sliced bread but for £10-15 million we are going to cash in our chips every single time. These are the sales we need to make.
So we sell a player who on current form and development is every bit as good as our current captain just because some puts a bid in. If we are to sell one of our right backs the logical and sensible thing would be to sell tavernier who in all likelihood isn’t going to improve, is 29 and we’ve had best years and instead keep the 19 year old who has the world at his feet and if he keeps improving like is doing at present will command and Scottish record transfer fee in future years.

If,and when(and its a big IF),Patterson is sold,the club will state an UNDISCLOSED FEE,so the fans don't get pissed off if its less than the supporters think he is worth.

So we sell a player who on current form and development is every bit as good as our current captain just because some puts a bid in. If we are to sell one of our right backs the logical and sensible thing would be to sell tavernier who in all likelihood isn’t going to improve, is 29 and we’ve had best years and instead keep the 19 year old who has the world at his feet and if he keeps improving like is doing at present will command and Scottish record transfer fee in future years.

Listen bud don't get upset but at some stage we are going to have to sell one or two of our assets.

Now it could be Buff, it could be Kamara - neither of these is really palatable as they offer so much to our team and indeed how we play and have done for a few seasons. NP has done very little in comparison and goes into the season as understudy and all of us pretty much know he won't figure in the big games whilst Tav is around.

If you can't see this is the kind of business we should be doing then I am not sure who you think we should be cashing in on?

Listen bud don't get upset but at some stage we are going to have to sell one or two of our assets.

Now it could be Buff, it could be Kamara - neither of these is really palatable as they offer so much to our team and indeed how we play and have done for a few seasons. NP has done very little in comparison and goes into the season as understudy and all of us pretty much know he won't figure in the big games whilst Tav is around.

If you can't see this is the kind of business we should be doing then I am not sure who you think we should be cashing in on?
I get we need to make sales to keep us on an even keel. Out of first team squad I think we could probably cope with kamara going even though he is a fantastic sale. I’d just be loathe to sell Patterson for potentially way less that he might be worth.

Nonsense.

I get we need to make sales to keep us on an even keel. Out of first team squad I think we could probably cope with kamara going even though he is a fantastic sale. I’d just be loathe to sell Patterson for potentially way less that he might be worth.

I would be more loathe to sell Buff or Kamara. In the grand scheme of things EPL clubs will quite happily pay £15 million for "prospects".

We can't afford to turn down that sort of money for somebody who isn't even a first pick. It's pure madness to try and say otherwise.

If that sort of offer comes in then NP is gone without us even thinking about it.

Nonsense.
Breaking news for you - we aren't selling shite. Somebody that is going to pay big money for one of our players isn't going to sign a fringe player.

It's going to be a big miss for us but you have to weight that up to how much of a contribution that player currently makes.

Patterson isn't even a first pick so it's not exactly rocket science to say that he would be high up on the list of assets we might "cash in".

If you have anything more meaningful to add then fire ahead but please don't give me you shitey one word response.

I hope Patterson gets a run in the team and all that like most people but some of the talk in here is genuinely absolutely mental. We wouldn't sell for less than £10-15 million? Honestly, i genuinely need some of that smoke because it seems brilliant.

Breaking news for you - we aren't selling shite. Somebody that is going to pay big money for one of our players isn't going to sign a fringe player.

It's going to be a big miss for us but you have to weight that up to how much of a contribution that player currently makes.

Patterson isn't even a first pick so it's not exactly rocket science to say that he would be high up on the list of assets we might "cash in".

If you have anything more meaningful to add then fire ahead but please don't give me you shitey one word response.
See Gerrards reaction….genuine reaction when told Everton had bid £5m! He scoffed and giggled at it….he knows this lad is worth £15m and upwards and will undoubtedly grace the EPL at some point!

I think we have to start thinking rationally about this. If we got offered £10m + with add on we need to think about it. We sell a player not critical to our team in the immediate future for enough money to see the season out. Would you rather we sold Morelos, Kent or Kamara? I would rather sell Tav but he is so happy comfortable here he is not going to move. There is also no guarantee that Paterson will develop as we hope.
Absolute bullsh1t.

He's developed all day long since he's came to prominence.

I'll start thinking rationally when you start looking at football rationally.

We may be a selling club etc but we are also a business and as such you don't sell your best assets before they have reached their full potential
We need to build a base around the talent in the academy and add with true class with that will improve the squad not signings for the sake of it

Yes, it makes perfect sense we'd sell Patterson for £10 million then spend half of that money on a right back from Middlesbrough. Absolutely no flaws in that rational at all.

Taking everything else aside, Patterson is a $15-20m player + add ons

Rationale?

Glass hips going to Arsenal for a straight $25m (with no add ons)

Everton slapping a $10m price tag on JonJoe Kenny (to Burnley)

Ajer going to Brentford for a reported $12m, when he is a lot older and was in last year of contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back