Do any of them actually understand what this means to us?

Davie Weir

Today’s game was shocking and throughout the game, especially at the end there was a lack of urgency. Seemed like none of the player should were bothered about finding the goal. We missed the hunger, desire and fight that champions have.

Got me thinking if the players actually understand what this title race means/meant to the fans and the club as a whole. Out on the park today the only player who looked raging at the end was McGregor. He was the only one who seemed to know what it meant. Why aren’t the likes of him, Davis and arguably Halliday not firing it into these lads how important it is. They’ve all been through it before.

The vast majority of them have been here long enough now. Surely they must know, although admittedly the lack of homegrown 'Rangers boys' may be a factor

You think they weren’t trying? You think Alfie meant to %^*& up 2 great opportunities? They tried their guts out but weren't good enough to break down a 10 man wall allowed to play exactly the way they wanted by a dishonest referee.

Every time we drop points people are on here whining about non-triers and/or a lack of urgency. It’s pish. The problems have been a lack of creation against very defensive teams, Alfie having days he will just not score and disgraceful refereeing.

The vast majority of them have been here long enough now. Surely they must know, although admittedly the lack of homegrown 'Rangers boys' may be a factor

You’d think they’d get it by now and there is games like the Old Firm wins where you think they get it.

I think it’s the importance of winning every game in a title race and doing it for the fans they don’t get.

You’d think they’d get it by now and there is games like the Old Firm wins where you think they get it.

I think it’s the importance of winning every game in a title race and doing it for the fans they don’t get.
That's it mate. Easy to get up for an old firm game but i think too many of them have still to figure out just how much these other teams despise us.....its not just the mentally challengeds

You think they weren’t trying? You think Alfie meant to %^*& up 2 great opportunities? They tried their guts out but weren't good enough to break down a 10 man wall allowed to play exactly the way they wanted by a dishonest referee.

Every time we drop points people are on here whining about non-triers and/or a lack of urgency. It’s pish. The problems have been a lack of creation against very defensive teams, Alfie having days he will just not score and disgraceful refereeing.

Can’t blame Alfie at all he had no creativity from midfield to create chances.

Refereeing was absolutely shocking but did it really cost us the game?

Who out there on the park looked like they were angry and were desperate for a goal at the end? Every pass seemed to be going backwards even in the last 10 minutes.
Did we look like a team who could win the league today? Don’t know what you think but we certainly didn’t to me.

See what you said there. Every time we drop points !
Penny not dropped with you then ?

Yes, I think they get it. It’s the same players who did so well through the first 19 games prior to the winter break. Nobody questioned their character and heart then.

It has always been the same. Even in the 9IAR days there were regularly weeks when we came out and seemed to be going through the motions a bit. It is just human nature that you aren’t up for Ross County the way you are for Celtic.

I actually thought the effort level was fine today. But we were just a bit off. Is it missing key players, a few guys being out of form, not hunting in packs quite the way we were a few weeks ago? A bit of all of that I suspect.

But I do think the effort and desire is there. For example, I think the likes of Davis and Kent have been poor over the last few games. But do I think they don’t get what it all means or do I think they aren’t putting the effort in? No, I absolutely wouldn’t level that at them.

Last edited:
Can’t blame Alfie at all he had no creativity from midfield to create chances.

Refereeing was absolutely shocking but did it really cost us the game?

Who out there on the park looked like they were angry and were desperate for a goal at the end? Every pass seemed to be going backwards even in the last 10 minutes.
Did we look like a team who could win the league today? Don’t know what you think but we certainly didn’t to me.

I’m not blaming him. It’s your argument nobody wanted it bar the keeper. As I said he didn’t mean to %^*& up the best two opportunities we had but he did.

Nobody knows for certain but it certainly helped them. They’ve taken 4 points off in two games where we should have been playing v 10, possibly nine, and when we have had a stonewall penalty denied in each game. The paedos get to play v 10 though when Cosgrove is sent off. If you don’t think these things make a difference that’s up to you but I disagree.

I thought the whole team looked liked they wanted it but Tav was a miss, Borna was off and the original front three had poor days v a defensive team that were given the game they wanted by the ref. Did the paedos look like a team that could win the league on 29th Dec? I don’t think you can make definitive judgements on the basis of a bad week but it’s certainly the done thing on here.

Clearly not. He didn’t have a great game but you could see an urgency in Davis’s play in the second half that was sadly lacking in his team mates.

We simply have to step it up now.
SG & GMac must make sure we do.
Not much room for error.
The players know this.
They are either gonna be heroes or zeroes.
If it was me then I know which I'd rather be remembered as.

Players like Aribo_Ojo and now sad to say Kamara will never be winners.They are guys who are content to earn a nice wedge and have all the trappings of a footballer but don't have the guts and drive to go that extra yard that defines winners from losers.Football and life in general has always been like that .I don't think you can instil the will to win ,it comes from deep down when things are going wrong and as we are witnessing now we have very few of that ilk in this team

Yes, I think they do. There are plenty of Rangers fans in the team.

I actually think the pressure we put on the team can be detrimental at times.

Yes, I think they do. There are plenty of Rangers fans in the team.

I actually think the pressure we put on the team can be detrimental at times.

If any player cannot handle the expectation and demands of playing for our club then walk. It has nothing to do with the demands of our support, who are brought up expecting those who represent our club to be winners.

Today’s game was shocking and throughout the game, especially at the end there was a lack of urgency. Seemed like none of the player should were bothered about finding the goal. We missed the hunger, desire and fight that champions have.

Got me thinking if the players actually understand what this title race means/meant to the fans and the club as a whole. Out on the park today the only player who looked raging at the end was McGregor. He was the only one who seemed to know what it meant. Why aren’t the likes of him, Davis and arguably Halliday not firing it into these lads how important it is. They’ve all been through it before.
At the end of the day it doesn’t matter if they know what it means to us or not , We just don’t have a good enough squad to win the league. First 11 on our day are the best in the league , after that we struggle big time.

Last edited:
Back