Do we go there and play the old Walter way of playing?

wilso10

Sit in, make it tight and hit them on the break?

They are bloody good going forward so we'll need to defend for our lives but I don't fancy us going there playing our current style of football because we'll lose goals if we do IMO.

Will Gerrard change it for the away tie? Would you?

SG will play the way he always does in Europe. And why not as it's been brilliant for us so far.

This is the first time he'll be tested in an away tie, in the last 32, against a top, top side.

It would be naive to think we can just continue playing the way we have before and win the tie.

Current style and I think they'd rip us open. When we tried to press they found a lot of space tonight.

Counter attacking football next week and I honestly think we'll score.

This is the first time he'll be tested in an away tie, in the last 32, against a top, top side.

It would be naive to think we can just continue playing the way we have before and win the tie.
With Ryan Jack returning, we can easily play for a draw in Braga

Play on the counter front 3 of Kent Aribo and Hagi plenty of pace to break their high line

i can’t see it being far different than Porto or Villarreal away.

Quite fancy us to go through with a score draw

Going to be our toughest game of the season next week. Get 1 early and hold on tight would be fine for me but it's never that easy

The weakest part of Braga was the defense.even when they were on top they were coughing up chances

They are absolutely great going forwards. Distinctly average defending. Conclusion: if we sit back and invite pressure what happened in the first 65 minutes of tonight will happen again and we might not find ourselves “only” 2-0 down next time.

i can’t see it being far different than Porto or Villarreal away.

Quite fancy us to go through with a score draw

I don’t either but in current form Braga are better than those two sides and a 1-0 win would see them through.

As I said in the match thread play 4-4-1-1 with Hagi playing off Kamberi and prevent their wing backs pushing forward and we have a chance

No. Because we absolutely can score over there. Chances will come. I don't think we can afford to sit back and defend for our lives - this lot look very, very good going forward.

So let's go at their weaknesses.

No. At present, a 1-0 Braga result puts them through. They are a very good side, but their defence is suspect, as we saw tonight. Its a Cup Final over there now and we must score more than one.

Play on the counter front 3 of Kent Aribo and Hagi plenty of pace to break their high line
I don't think Kent should be anywhere near it. I think Kamberi playing upfront on his own almost like the old Miller up front on his own style. The away game doesn't need to be pretty, we just need to not lose.

Sit in, make it tight and hit them on the break?

They are bloody good going forward so we'll need to defend for our lives but I don't fancy us going there playing our current style of football because we'll lose goals if we do IMO.

Will Gerrard change it for the away tie? Would you?
We play the Steven Gerrard way.

I don’t think our squad of players know how to sit deep and defend for 90.

And I’m ok with that. Our record of scoring away from home in Europe under Gerrard is just as impressive as our home record.

We’ve got to back ourselves to score over there.

I'd consider going Walter style, think their intricate movement up front could call for us playing 5 at the back. We'd be able to counter using the wing backs and having a bit of pace up front.

The team need to play and stick to the game plan from the off. The first half tonight had a lot of slack passes from most players in the team and they were second to nearly every ball.
They have shown and proven tonight what they are capable off, when they cut out the errors.

I truly believe the team will score over there.

It'll be similar to how we played in Maribor in his first season and in Porto this season. We'll try to do a Rafa Benitez on them.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Barker (or even Jones!) start up front instead of Kamberi and use pace for a direct ball over the top of their high line.

Jack returning will strengthen our midfield - I can see Davis getting dropped for him.
I'd also start Aribo in midfield in place of Kamara.
Because they play a high defensive line and they need a goal, Kent should start - if our midfield can release the ball early early enough his pace can do the damage.

Hopefully not. Play our usual game and we’ll score.

Their defence was all over the place when put under any pressure. Goals in the tie for us

If we go there and try to draw 0-0 then I suspect we will get slaughtered. We might get slaughtered anyway - they are a right good team. The flip side is that I could readily see us scoring more than one over there if we play our normal game. Something makes me think that they might just be one of these teams that are better away from home than at home.

Back