Do we have a squad ready striker in Lovelace?

Do we have a striker ready for the first team squad in Lovelace?

• Yes

Votes: 220 32.4%
  • No

Votes: 459 67.6%

• Total voters
Lovelace certainly looks physically ready at least. Some size for a 16 year old.
Yep and thats exactly what we need as well good point.

Be interesting if he is involved this season even 10 mins as a sub just to listen to how dangerous it is to pick someone thats no over 30 with international caps.

Aye but its probably not the right time.... if ever there was a right time to give the kids a chance it is now, Colak needs a hand before his form goes the same way as the rest of the squad.

The OP asks ready for first team squad,which implies to me that he would be included in the match day 18,doesn’t mention just training with them.The same poll could be run for plenty of the B team players then,some of them have show much more on a consistent basis than Lovelace.
I Agree, let’s get more involved around the squad, especially against some of the dross we play week in week out

Its mental how many people don’t understand the jump in quality from the Lowland league to the Scottish premier league is actually enormous.

Lovelace needs to learn how to pass for the B team never mind playing in our first team. Nowhere near ready.

Great young exciting prospect, am sure Beale knows how and when he can progress . Being involved in 1st team training will be good for him, but he is still a kid who we need to take care of and develop , not a 1st team option just yet.

Its mental how many people don’t understand the jump in quality from the Lowland league to the Scottish premier league is actually enormous.

Lovelace needs to learn how to pass for the B team never mind playing in our first team. Nowhere near ready.

The jump from division to division is massive never mind low land to Prem!!

I watched him recently at Tranent away and although he got 2 goals I didn't come away thinking he'd improve our 1st team.

Agreed.

King and Lowry are looked upon as closer to the first team than Lovelace.

If we're being honest, we've seen how far off King is from being at the level to start as a first pick central defender and Lowry blows hot and cold against part time journeymen, in the Lowland League.

Even they’re both still a fair bit off the level required to start regularly for our first team.
In Kings defence, centre half and goal keeper are probably the hardest positions to come into for young players. I suspect going forward it will be easier to bring younger attacking players into the team.

I watch Lovelace regularly with the B Team and at the moment is not ready for first team football. He’s a strong and powerful player who is good with the ball at his feet but he’s very raw. I saw yesterday he’s been called up to first team training which can only help the lad develop and improve. I’ve got no doubt given time and with the correct coaching he’ll be a fantastic player for us in the future.

I voted no i get the if your good enough your old enough statement but i don't think you can put a 16yo against some of the hammer thrower CB in our league you run the risk of our calm level headed support writing him off after one game.
Would not be against a spot on the bench and getting some time when we are up 4nil when those days return under Beale :)

Have only seem him in RTV videos tbh. Big unit, but like Algeria has some way to go. Not sure if the latter will make it with us, Lovelace looks considerably more comfortable on the ball.

Some people must have erased our journey back to the Premiership from their minds. Apart for the dross we have to endure in the lower leagues, we looked like Barca under Warburton in the Championship. Once we got promoted to the Premiership the same players looked bang average, that step us was significant, never mind the one they expect a teenager to make from where he is currently playing.

I've seen him a few times for the B team and he's head and shoulders above anyone at that level. He's not first team ready though, but training with the first team will do him the world of good

I think there is a lot of confused variables on this thread. This season in the CL there have been plenty of examples of 18 year olds getting game time. For that they must have had full first team training and occasional minutes. If we don't lift the level these lads had to play and train at, how will we ever really know? Plenty are saying that "being good at B team tells you nothing?" So how do you ever know?

I'd like to see him get used in a high scoring game sometime in the next year. He won't ever be reading if he never gets played; I'm not say his time is now, but it may have to be in the near future.

Have only seem him in RTV videos tbh. Big unit, but like Algeria has some way to go. Not sure if the latter will make it with us, Lovelace looks considerably more comfortable on the ball.
To be fair, they’ve no been the same since Hemdani retired.

Am sure MB has been keeping a close eye on everything at Ibrox while away and has a plan ready and waiting to be implemented, which must include getting some of the younger players involved more than they have been lately.

I think there is a lot of confused variables on this thread. This season in the CL there have been plenty of examples of 18 year olds getting game time. For that they must have had full first team training and occasional minutes. If we don't lift the level these lads had to play and train at, how will we ever really know? Plenty are saying that "being good at B team tells you nothing?" So how do you ever know?
Yeah its nonsense.

Same with the stuff about all players in our league not being anywhere near good enough to play for the club cos they dont score well on stats websites or have a massive transfer value. Well he plays for them for a reason.

Every player starts somewhere and you have to be given a chance, often that chance will be due to injuries or experienced players off form. Obviously its up to the new manager to decide but our attacking options are poor at the moment.

I have always found it interesting the panic picking youngsters causes with some of our support, i mean what can go wrong ? they might have a bad game, give the ball away, or miss one or two chances well no different from the rest of the first team then.. they may also grab their chance and become a first pick without costing much dosh.

The guys who’ve stepped up and proved they can wear a first team jersey, It will take time to bleed them into the first team. But with Michael Beale I can expect it to happen in the shorter time than in the longer term. Why ? Because he’s a coach and has proven In the past to bring youngsters through. Don’t forget David McCallum who is the manager of these kids, he’s been excellent in their development along with the other coaching staff. THE TEAM WORKS.

International breaks bring the dumbest threads. This would be close to the winner if it hadn’t been for the rushing the keeper thread at a pen. How desperate can we be to want a 16 year old to be our saviour.
Rushing the keeper is gonna take a lot of beating but I have absolutely no doubt that it will happen.

I have seen him play games for the B Team.
Sometimes he looks great other times he is really far off it.
That is against lowland league teams.
He is a raw talent,but nowhere near playing in the top team.
He has the physique and pace.
Alarming that 69 people on here actually think he is ready :oops:;):D

69 people that won’t have seen him play a full 90mins

I don’t know mate.
0_kammygaffe.jpg

Robbie Ure is significantly better than Lovelace currently.
And no offence to Ure I’m sure he’s a nice guy and will have a good career in football but he should be nowhere near our first team either and never should be baring a miracle.

Great young exciting prospect, am sure Beale knows how and when he can progress . Being involved in 1st team training will be good for him, but he is still a kid who we need to take care of and develop , not a 1st team option just yet.
Was great to hear on Heart and Hand that he was training with the first team.
Clearly a long way to go but great to see Beale having him involved.

Back