Do we have any genuine sellable assets in the squad?

Homelander

contract situation of the squad is as follows

Loan deals ending end of summer

Silva
Cortes
Sima

Contract ending May 2024

Lundstram
Barisic
Roofe
Jack
Balogun
McLaughlin

Contract ending May 2025

Lawrence
Wright
McCrorie
Lowry
Kieran Wright
Hagi

Contract ending May 2026

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Souttar
Matondo
Dowell
King
Lammers

Contract ending May 2027

Raskin
Yilmaz
Dessers
Butland
Sterling
McCausland
Cantwell

Contract ending May 2028

Danilo
Diomande

where are we getting genuine funds to help a rebuild?

Yilmaz?
Butland?
Cantwell?

Last edited:
Butland and Yilmaz. That's really about it.

I think we can potentially recoup the money for Lammers and Dessers but not make money on them.

I think we could potentially get something back for Cantwell.

Raskin has really let us down, saw massive potential in him and he has just disappeared off the face of the earth.

We can hope some nutter in Saudi wants Tav.

Silva
Cortes
Sima

Contract ending May 2024

Lundstram
Barisic
Roofe
Jack
Balogun
McLaughlin

Contract ending May 2025

Lawrence
Wright
McCrorie
Lowry
Kieran Wright
Hagi

Contract ending May 2026

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Souttar
Matondo
Dowell
King
Lammers

Contract ending May 2027

Raskin
Yilmaz
Dessers
Butland
Sterling
McCausland
Cantwell

Contract ending May 2028

Danilo
Diomande

Yilmaz?
Butland?
Cantwell?

That list is depressing.

When you look at the 24/25/26 contract end players, there is maybe one i'd keep. And that was maybe.

We have a whole list of 'very experienced' players, deemed leaders of our squad, and you just wonder what message our younger players are receiving from observing them.

Butland, Yilmaz Sterling for decent cash. A few others combined would bring in funds but not amounting to much to cover quality replacements. Raskin, Cantwell, Dessers, Lammers, Matondo, Davies

Harsh reality is we aren’t going to have anywhere near the funds we’ve had over the last two summer windows.

Not only is the squad less valuable but income from Europe is probably down a few million as well.

It’s going to have to be a completely flawless window from us and a very poor one from them to even compete for the title next season.

The one that really riles me to this day is Davies.

We needed a Bassey replacement, a strong, quick, energetic defender, and we bought HIM ?

Weak, no pace, cant header the ball, and that's assuming he's even available.

Truly scandalous football decision.

Same here mate.

Spent at least the last 3 transfer windows trying to get rid, with no luck. It's no wonder really when we gave him 27k a week.

And he's still got two years left :mad:

Same here mate.

Spent at least the last 3 transfer windows trying to get rid, with no luck. It's no wonder really when we gave him 27k a week.

And he's still got two years left :mad:

You just wonder how the football department justified it Daz, and as you say, at over £25k a week ?

Maybe get £5m - £6m for Butland (doubt it though).

£3m - £4m Ridvan.

Few million for Hagi or Cantwell. Lammers too. Possibly Dessers.

Davies, Matondo, Lawrence, Dowell I'd imagine are on good wages a few Championship/League One sides will be able to afford them.

Butland, Yilmaz & Cantwell, Sterling potentially & maybe Lawrence, think we could accrue decent return for them. Also Utrecht seem very likely to sign Lammers permanently.

i think people's expectations on what fees we will pull in will be somewhat different from the reality of what we get, every chance the enablers will pull in more for one player than our combined fees for 4 or 5 sales, this is down to our haphazard and at times lazy transfer strategy in previous seasons,

i think people's expectations on what fees we will pull in will be somewhat different from the reality of what we get, every chance the enablers will pull in more for one player ,than our combined fees for 4 or 5 sales, this is down to our haphazard and at times lazy transfer strategy in previous seasons,
of that there is no doubt

oreilly
carter vickers
kyogo
hatate

they would get 15 mill minimum for each of them imo

We needed a Bassey replacement, a strong, quick, energetic defender, and we bought HIM ?

I asked at the time about him because I had seen very little of him but found it very strange that people were getting excited about a CH that Klopp trusted Henderson to play CH as rather strange.

I think we will recoup the £3m we spent on Lammers given his good form playing for Utrecht.

We have a lot of old high wage players in the squad. Guys who command no significant transfer fee because they're too old, but they still demand a high wage.

For our £64m wage bill we should have more saleable assets in the squad, the player trading model is not really working yet.

We need to be more ruthless in player trading and not cling onto players for too long, punt players at the peak of their value before they go off the boil. That is what the bheasts do and they have made a lot of money from it. There is no time for sentiment in player trading.

The main problem in shifting players under contract are, of course, the ridiculous wages they are on

Saying that, id be happy enough to sell anyone ŵe can - even 5 x 1.5m gives us 7.5 to add to a bigger sale or two

Anyone that is superfluous who we cant sell should be loaned out if possible to recoup even a portion of their salary

The salaries we save from ooc players could well give Clement and Koppen a decent bit of leeway provided incomings don't have massive transfer fees attached

It can be done, but its a mammoth task. The squad is a bloated unfit mess

Could be a grim few seasons ahead sadly.

To fund a rebuild we somehow have to try and qualify for the champions league which will be a difficult task.

Might not be a popular opinion but instead of writing off younger players shouldn’t we be asking questions of why the coaching team aren’t improving them.

There’s no point in buying in young players with potential then they come here and just stand still, nobody’s going to buy them for a profit if they come here and play shit in this league. The best we can hope for is recouping what we paid.

None of those players would sell early if they did sell it would be late in the window so selling is not how we would fund a rebuild.

Butland, Yilmaz and Sterling … but they are the only ones I don’t want to see leave … priority for me CH, CM, CF … probably need £15m to acquire the 3 of right standard … don’t know we’re the cash is coming from outside of potentially Butland

Yilmaz and Butland are the two for me who could command a reasonable fee. £10m plus for Butland / £4-5m for Yilmaz

Silva
Cortes
Sima

Contract ending May 2024

Lundstram
Barisic
Roofe
Jack
Balogun
McLaughlin

Contract ending May 2025

Lawrence
Wright
McCrorie
Lowry
Kieran Wright
Hagi

Contract ending May 2026

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Souttar
Matondo
Dowell
King
Lammers

Contract ending May 2027

Raskin
Yilmaz
Dessers
Butland
Sterling
McCausland
Cantwell

Contract ending May 2028

Danilo
Diomande

Yilmaz?
Butland?
Cantwell?
I think these are the ones that could bring in £3m and upwards:
Butland (£10-15m)
Yilmaz (£7-10m)
Sterling (£5-7m)
Cantwell (£5m)
Dessers (don't laugh) (£3-4m)
Lammers (£3-4m)
Raskin (£3m)
Tav (if anything to the Saudi rumours) (no idea)

Sadly, Butland, Yilmaz, Sterling and Cantwell are also four of the only players I would have faith including in our starting 11 for next season.

He’s fucking awful and looks like someone who’d be interviewed on Countryfile into the bargain.

Meanwhile across the city they have a team full of players all rated £20 - £30 million that everyone wants who can’t win a game in Europe and are only 3 points above this Rangers team worth nothing ….

Given his age and length of contract, Raskin could command a decent fee if he got a run in the team and some decent form.

I think it’s about getting maximum value out of the wage bill. Far too many of this squad taking a fair wedge of coin out of the club and we’re not seeing the return on the park. Lots of quality younger players out there earning far less than the frauds we’ve been paying for years. It’s Koppen and his team that are paid to find these guys. We’ve got to look at moving on Goldson, Tavernier, Davies, Dessers, Lawrence, Lammers & Matondo add the players out of contract and that’s a fair amount of money in wages that can be put to good use.

Silva
Cortes
Sima

Contract ending May 2024

Lundstram
Barisic
Roofe
Jack
Balogun
McLaughlin

Contract ending May 2025

Lawrence
Wright
McCrorie
Lowry
Kieran Wright
Hagi

Contract ending May 2026

Tav
Goldson
Davies
Souttar
Matondo
Dowell
King
Lammers

Contract ending May 2027

Raskin
Yilmaz
Dessers
Butland
Sterling
McCausland
Cantwell

Contract ending May 2028

Danilo
Diomande

Yilmaz?
Butland?
Cantwell?
The Contract ending May 2026 list is both depressing and disgraceful

Aye iv got one of them paddington bear 50p coins that go for about £2 on eBay.

Oh sorry the squad? No

I think these are the ones that could bring in £3m and upwards:
Butland (£10-15m)
Yilmaz (£7-10m)
Sterling (£5-7m)
Cantwell (£5m)
Dessers (don't laugh) (£3-4m)
Lammers (£3-4m)
Raskin (£3m)
Tav (if anything to the Saudi rumours) (no idea)

Sadly, Butland, Yilmaz, Sterling and Cantwell are also four of the only players I would have faith including in our starting 11 for next season.
You can't be suggesting those fees seriously?
You think Yilmaz who plays 2 or 3 games before months out has doubled or more in value?
Todd Cantwell £5m?
Raskin who can barely get time off the bench in this dreadful team £3m?

Yilmaz is a sellable asset but i really want him to stay and hopefully have a top season next year then sell for funny money

Back