Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the rest of us, I will be sitting watching, obviously hoping for a win.
Reality is, i fear we could be on the end of a beating.

I said at the time, we blew it at Ibrox, we had to beat them there.
They now have everything in their favour.
Still think the goal that was ruled out played a massive part in the draw at Ibrox. 2-2 at that stage and we would have been full of confidence. Instead there was a bit of a lull in our performance after that.

Opening OF of the season is a completely different game of what looks like a perfectly good goal stands.

There really hasn’t been much between the sides at all in these games so far this season so we have every chance on Saturday of winning so long as the refs don’t play their part again.

Like the rest of us, I will be sitting watching, obviously hoping for a win.
Reality is, i fear we could be on the end of a beating.

I said at the time, we blew it at Ibrox, we had to beat them there.
They now have everything in their favour.
Barring a red card I can’t see this at all. Our record against them is crap, but all 3 games against them this season have been tight.

I think this weekend will be tight as well, just hopefully tight in favour of us this time

We scored 4 goals against them in that 2nd half at Ibrox, yes one was disallowed but they didn't know that at the time. They know we can hurt them as much as they can hurt us.
Go there with big gonads we have nothing to fear, go there weak and timid we will get obliterated.

Barring a red card I can’t see this at all. Our record against them is crap, but all 3 games against them this season have been tight.

I think this weekend will be tight as well, just hopefully tight in favour of us this time
The two at Ibrox were tight. first one, everyone agreed they were there for the taking, with a patched up defence. we failed to take advantage. couple weeks ago, we all know what happened.
first game at CP though, they were all over us and relaxed when so far ahead that we got back into it imo.
our record at CP is atrocious also. it all points to a relatively straight forward tim win.
we need to pull a rabbit from somewhere imo.

We scored 4 goals against them in that 2nd half at Ibrox, yes one was disallowed but they didn't know that at the time. They know we can hurt them as much as they can hurt us.
Go there with big gonads we have nothing to fear, go there weak and timid we will get obliterated.
This

Just go out and take to Them

It's making me sick writing this but their midfield 3 of hatate o reilly and mcgregor are better than we have at present.
For me I think Lawrence has to be in there he has a lot of experience.
I really hope we have 4 in there Diomande Lundstram Lawrence and Sterling it gives us a chance.
Cantwell off Silva or Dessers .
Would mean 3 at the back but we should be capable of that.
Here's hoping would warm my heart to snatch the league from those scumbags.

It's making me sick writing this but their midfield 3 of hatate o reilly and mcgregor are better than we have at present.
I really hope we have 4 in there Diomande Lundstram Lawrence and Sterling it gives us a chance.
I’m a fan of Lawrence, he has an eye for goal and can put himself about in challenges
But I don’t see him starting on Saturday imo

Too many of our fans are in denial when it comes to this. The reality is that they are comfortably better than our midfielders and if all 3 are on their game on Saturday it will be very difficult to get even a draw.

They are not invincible so we have every chance, hopefully the players who have let us down against them constantly turn up.

If we create chances and take them we get a result.

We need to go for it at some point and for me I would do it from the first whistle. Forward not back the ways.

Good defensive display and take our chances then it can be done

The two at Ibrox were tight. first one, everyone agreed they were there for the taking, with a patched up defence. we failed to take advantage. couple weeks ago, we all know what happened.
first game at CP though, they were all over us and relaxed when so far ahead that we got back into it imo.
our record at CP is atrocious also. it all points to a relatively straight forward tim win.
we need to pull a rabbit from somewhere imo.
Agree with that.

If we're being honest, Rodgers has shown himself to still be a really good tactician in these games. Can't help but notice how well they were set up and pressed us both times at Ibrox.

Agree with that.

If we're being honest, Rodgers has shown himself to still be a really good tactician in these games. Can't help but notice how well they were set up and pressed us both times at Ibrox.
They nearly blew a 2 goal lead in the 2nd half in the last game at Ibrox it was hardly a tactical masterclass. If we get the win on Saturday they'll turn on Rodgers again.

They nearly blew a 2 goal lead in the 2nd half in the last game at Ibrox it was hardly a tactical masterclass. If we get the win on Saturday they'll turn on Rodgers again.
I never said it was a tactical masterclass.

Aye, obviously they will.

Agree with that.

They weren’t all over us at new year they were kicking the ball out the park just before half time and were rocking there crowd was also getting on there back , I would say they were marginally the better team in that game and scored 2 very well taken goals , dessers should of equalised at 1-0 though they scored at perfect time in second half to get 2 goal lead .

They weren’t all over us at new year they were kicking the ball out the park just before half time and were rocking there crowd was also getting on there back , I would say they were marginally the better team in that game and scored 2 very well taken goals , dessers should of equalised at 1-0 though they scored at perfect time in second half to get 2 goal lead .
For the first 60-65 minutes they were all over us.

For the first 60-65 minutes they were all over us.
Disagree both teams were piss poor , we had chances aswell

That's fine. I don't know how you can honestly watch that game and see anything else.

Our best period came with about 15 to go when we looked like we might sneak a draw.
We had more shots on goal than them despite playing with 10 men for 20 mins yet they were all over us ?? They were marginally the better team but certainly wouldn’t say they were all over us . Standard like every game this year was rank rotten macgregor had a great first half and kyogo scored a belter.

It’s the lack of pace in the team that concerns me more. Injuries to Sima and Matondo have seen to that. Still don’t think there’s much between us and them though.
The difference will be up front, they are stronger unfortunately.

We had more shots on goal than them despite playing with 10 men for 20 mins yet they were all over us ?? They were marginally the better team but certainly wouldn’t say they were all over us . Standard like every game this year was rank rotten macgregor had a great first half and kyogo scored a belter.
I don't know what it is you're disputing here mate? You've said yourself they were the better team and they had their best period for the first 60-65 minutes.

For that period I'd say they were passing round us with ease with our best period coming in the last 15.

It's next to nothing what we're even supposedly disagreeing about.

I don't know what it is you're disputing here mate? You've said yourself they were the better team and they had their best period for the first 60-65 minutes.

For that period I'd say they were passing round us with ease with our best period coming in the last 15.

It's next to nothing what we're even supposedly disagreeing about.
You said they were all over us that to me indicates we were rarely in the game when it was anything but, doesn’t matter anyway mate

A good start required, don’t let them play, close them down and get through the first ten mins.

Keep mcgregor tight marked in that time when the game opens up step up and play like we can.

They don’t handle pressure well so test them and force mistakes. Test hart and put them under pressure.

We can do this of course we can.

Please 1. Match them in midfield, 2. Hold on in the first half, and 3. Go for it in the 2nd half.

this group of players have beaten far, far better teams than celtic
Is that actually true for the current group of players we have?

The last "far, far better team than Celtic" we beat was probably PSV in the summer of 2022.

From the team that played that day, the only five players available for this weekend are Tavernier, Barisic, Lundstram, Lawrence and Wright.

I understand why you say it because the Europa League final run feels like yesterday still.

But there has been a lot of player turnover in the two years since then. Most of the current group we have are still to beat a really really good side in my book.

Real Betis are better than Celtic and that was a big win for us under huge pressure. But Betis came third in that group behind Sparta Prague and they're currently 7th in La Liga. They're not the same level as Dortmund, RB Leipzig or PSV.

The current squad we have are fairly inexperienced as a group when it comes to playing really top opposition.

Luckily it's only Celtic we have to beat this weekend who certainly are not a really top side.

Can only see a defeat unfortunately. We must be the only team in Europe whose main attacking threat is a right back. They'll do the usual, put Maeda on Tavs side to nullify him. We don't have much else in an attacking sense.

We are the better footballing side.

Besides a brief blip in recent weeks, we have clearly seen that since Clement came in.

I don't think they'll have anything for us on Saturday. 3-1 Rangers.

Let's be honest, considering the amount o' ups and downs we've had this Season including the recent disasters at Ross County and Dundee and to still have a chance of getting a result on Saturday and being back in the fight for the League, is amazing. It's up to the players and if they've got the bottle and the guts to fight, Celtic are no 'great shakes', so here's hoping the players selected put up a performance worthy o' that 'Blue Jersey' they wear and stop giving away stupid bloody goals. It's been a frustrating time for all Rangers supporters this season, here's hoping the players can give us a result to lift our spirits.

i think it depends on whether the team are feeling pressure, last few weeks have been a bit flat due to results, so if thats took pressure off a bit, i would expect them to go out and play better.

but we cannot expect to get anything from Gollum, so will need to play well and not rely on contentious decisions, they will go against us.

In short, no.

I’ll be the happiest man in the world if they somehow prove me wrong, but I think this team will capitulate.

We either show up or we don’t.

Who knows. If we don’t they will pump us.

Does anybody really know what team shows up for this ?

Can’t beat Ross County ffs.

Think about it.

Is that actually true for the current group of players we have?

The last "far, far better team than Celtic" we beat was probably PSV in the summer of 2022.

From the team that played that day, the only five players available for this weekend are Tavernier, Barisic, Lundstram, Lawrence and Wright.

I understand why you say it because the Europa League final run feels like yesterday still.

But there has been a lot of player turnover in the two years since then. Most of the current group we have are still to beat a really really good side in my book.

Real Betis are better than Celtic and that was a big win for us under huge pressure. But Betis came third in that group behind Sparta Prague and they're currently 7th in La Liga. They're not the same level as Dortmund, RB Leipzig or PSV.

The current squad we have are fairly inexperienced as a group when it comes to playing really top opposition.

Luckily it's only Celtic we have to beat this weekend who certainly are not a really top side.
Betis would scud celtic just now mate. Also, i do agreed that there are differences between the playing squads of the seville run and now but it doesn’t stop people using generalisations like ‘shitebags for 6 years’ etc without taking into account hoe many new players are in the squad now that are yet to shite anything given the treble is there to be played for.

Remember as well mate that the current group we have were capable of taking 4 off celtic in one half in the last game, albeit one ruled out.

We can, and will, win.

The (growing (if possible)) arrogant barsteward Rodgers’ comments this week alone should be enough ammunition to infuriate and stir the passion to get intae these scum from the off. If this team has anything about them then this absolutely has to be the one (game).

Three in midfield. 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1 with someone like cantwell given a free reign to find space but off the ball he’s a second striker and presses.

We absolutely must not try and play out from the back. We must play long early on and set the tone that the ball will be in their half and we will press them. If they break our press then we’re fucked but if they don’t we can absolutely squeeze them the way other teams have done so this season.

Once the game slows down from their wild start we can try play football. Until then functional as it gets please.

Yes we are capable of getting a win there. I highly doubt it as officials will not be applying the rules of the game if it benefits us.

In 4 of the last 5 league games:

We’ve either gifted a clear goal scoring opportunity or conceded a goal within the first 60 seconds

For me that’s an indication of a team not being set up correctly pre match and a complete lack of concentration from the off.

Kilmarnock game felt like the first time in over a month there wasn’t a nonsense early doors. Yet we still contrived a complete nonsense for their opener.

That’s our issue, not gifting a nonsense. I don’t have any trust in that backline not to hand them something on a plate.

Last season Souttar and Davies there, Balogun earlier this season also. Tavernier not bothering to concentrate.

We need a hell of a lot of luck

Usually I'd say yes but I thought after Mcgregor and Rodgers comments it would have gave them a spark but the opposite as happened the last month.
It'll be the usual slow start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back