Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams with less quality than us have won there this season so it’s absolutely possible. I suppose it’s not so much about quality than about attitude, belief, fight etc. I’d rather go down with a fight if we lose than turn up and let them boss us.

Going by recent games against Them , we haven’t shown enough to give us confidence but it’s football and anything can happen I suppose
Logic would say no. But how often have this team fukked up in games they've been expected to win like Dundee and county, but got results in games they weren't expected to like Benfica and betis. I've got a hunch that tells me they'll spring up and surprise everyone this weekend. Hopefully !!

Yeah, it’ll be hard with no fans and them having the momentum but it’s possible. We don’t win at Parkhead all that often, from 2005 to 2012 we only won there four times (better than I’d have thought) and only twice since 2018.

The last game at Parkhead was close, we had some very good chances and they scored two incredible goals. The one before that was close as well. We’re going into this game with a weaker squad, but I totally believe we can do it.

We 100% have the ability but it all comes down to belief and mentality which we don’t seem to have against them. Although we’ve been absolutely cheated in the last two sat the piggery by Father Clancy, Walsh and Collum
Aye it's all fine margins aswell mate. Anything can happen in a football game. Their 20 second goal destroyed us at Ibrox and it took us three games to get back up from it arguably. The same thing could happen to sellick on Saturday, or a ref decision, anything can happen. Eventually the luck has to go our way. That mob have had lots of it with goals we've gifted them, var decisions etc. eventually we need to be the team that gets the luck and hopefully that's on Saturday. They have the advantage of all the fans but we have the advantage of being able to shut them all up and cause a very tough atmosphere for them to play in. They'll come out the traps fast again on Saturday but if we can start better they'll very quickly get very nervous, they also always tire in the second half due to the intensity of the high press. They gubbed us in the first 45 minutes at Ibrox but they paid for it in the second half when they slowed down and we had the ball in the net four times. There's plenty of opportunity for us this weekend we just need to believe

if the pressure was off we would probably stick 4 past them! Pressure firmly on us and I can’t see this team rising to the occasion. They’ve shat the bed away to dundee and county fs

I just can't see it, technically we do have it in us to win there but the mentality of this team is always a hairs breadth away from crumpling and it's going to come under serious examination on Saturday.

That being said I really, really hope I am wrong.

Of course we can, and when Beale left in October we’d have killed to be in this position.

We all have our misgivings about this side (and whisper it, the manager) but it’s football, and it’s about moments, and Saturday has the potential to be legendary.

If you’re not excited about it, getting pumped up, feeling your conkerbag tightening…. go watch rugby or something.

We've failed to take the lead against them for a while.

Do that and the great unwashed will get restless which will have a major effect on them.

I can't see it though, I think we'll revert to type & lose by a narrow margin.

We do, but you also have to be realistic and say it’s a fairly slim chance. Our record there is terrible and they have picked up, while we are struggling through games just now so it would be a shock if we win, but certainly not impossible if we get in their faces from the first whistle rather than our usual sluggish starts of late.

Yeah, it’ll be hard with no fans and them having the momentum but it’s possible. We don’t win at Parkhead all that often, from 2005 to 2012 we only won there four times and only twice since 2018.

The last game at Parkhead was close, we had some very good chances and they scored two incredible goals. The one before that was close as well. We’re going into this game with a weaker squad, but I totally believe we can do it.
I don't know how anyone can 'believe' in these players. Even more so when the players themselves don't believe, I'm basing that evidence on the players actions in recent old firm games (certain players physically looking nervous). When was the last one we won a OF that mattered? Under Gerrard?

I don't know how anyone can 'believe' in these players. Even more so when the players themselves don't believe, I'm basing that evidence on the players actions in recent old firm games (certain players physically looking nervous). When was the last one we won a OF that mattered? Under Gerrard?
Agree

We already know their gameplay, the turncoat said as much after the last game there when he said, “We know when we come at them with that intensity they can’t handle it”.

They can’t play at that pace for 90 minutes, so we need to weather the storm in the first 15/20 minutes and take the sting out the game.

If we can go into the 2nd half level at the very least, we’ve got something to build from, but history has shown they will try to blow us away early and then spend the second half playing out time and mocking us.

I just can't see it, technically we do have it in us to win there but the mentality of this team is always a hairs breadth away from crumpling and it's going to come under serious examination on Saturday.

That being said I really, really hope I am wrong.
Exactly we are decent when we want to be and they aren't that great. They've had all the luck in the world against us. Eventually that needs to change by the law of averages. Hopefully it's this weekend. We're capable. I'm confident in us because everyone thinks Celtic will win, as bizarre as that sounds.

We already know their gameplay, the turncoat said as much after the last game there when he said, “We know when we come at them with that intensity they can’t handle it”.

They can’t play at that pace for 90 minutes, so we need to weather the storm in the first 15/20 minutes and take the sting out the game.

If we can go into the 2nd half level at the very least, we’ve got something to build from, but history has shown they will try to blow us away early and then spend the second half playing out time and mocking us.
Spot on. That's what happened at Ibrox when we put 4 in the net in the second half. If we stay in the game in the first half I think we'll beat them. Big Phil is really good at analysing the first half of a game and outing it to the players in the dressing room at HT aswell. We've seen that countless times with him

My problem is how we start games, the urgency isn't there quick enough for me, we cant allow ourselves to be blown away early because players think its acceptable to jog around when the opposition are sprinting into everything.

I sound like a broken record here, but if we defend properly we have every chance.

I get that sometimes there is nothing that can be done about a goal conceded, but, my God, we gift-wrap them nearly one a game.

Switch on from the start and keep our concentration level up and who knows?

If we win on Saturday depending on scoreline I am guessing they would still be top with 2 games to go?

I sound like a broken record here, but if we defend properly we have every chance.

I get that sometimes there is nothing that can be done about a goal conceded, but, my God, we gift-wrap them nearly one a game.

Switch on from the start and keep our concentration level up and who knows?
That’s the thing , we need to be switched on from the the first whistle to have any chance

With this group of players, and the way these games are officiated now, it’s an extremely tall order, but not impossible.

Logic would say no. But how often have this team fukked up in games they've been expected to win like Dundee and county, but got results in games they weren't expected to like Benfica and betis. I've got a hunch that tells me they'll spring up and surprise everyone this weekend. Hopefully !!
Because we're fine as underdogs. It's when the real pressure is on we fold and it's always the same players.

Depends how they react after getting off the team bus and have to suffer their scum abusing them up to the door.
They'll either have shat it before entering the building....or they'll bottle it up and rsm it down their throats on the park.......hope it's the latter.

Bet the scums welcoming party will be brendas idea of some fun?

Yes, we do have it in us. It's bringing it out that we've struggled with. Phil needs to be getting them as pumped up as possible this week. I want to see sheer fucking hatred from our players.

I admire the positivity but we have hardly laid a glove on them this season
Our so call.leaders don't lead.
Hoping for the best and fearing the worst

It's difficult to make a case for a win. We regularly shit the bed at their hovel.
I don't believe they are a great side but they do have better players than us. They have a winning mentality as well.

Our record at the Piggery is an utter disgrace, that said the last old firm game should give us a tiny glimmer, although to contradict myself slightly we could easily have been 4 down at half time, 2nd half was much better and we should have scored 4 or 5 easy.

There's the mentality thing which is the number one issue imo.

It has to be said though, there's also the "going into a fight with one hand tied behind your back" concern ,with very little or nothing to hurt your opponent.

There's no doubt in my mind we have what it takes to cause them all sorts of panic and create chances, but you need someone capable of pulling that trigger when it matters.

That's a concern in an ordinary league match, but in these fixtures it's absolutely crucial and it's my biggest worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back