Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we're fine as underdogs. It's when the real pressure is on we fold and it's always the same players.
We're underdogs on Saturday mate. Everyone thinks the league is won in the east end already. If we win it's an unexpected bonus, the pressure is on them

I don't think our players have the heart to take the dodgy officials out the equation and give them a going over tbh

We are our own worst enemies in these fixtures, its the same culprits each time.

I know Phil wont do it but he should watch Walter's teams there where they were compact and killed the game, breaking upfield and scoring rather than going toe to toe.

The last 2 games at parkhead could have gone either way and we were unlucky with a couple of decisions from the referees.

We had a late rally last time, when they were two up and we were down to ten men and they decided to sit off the game. They panicked a bit when Tav stuck a free kick in the top corner but in all honesty, they ran over the top of us that day. Particularly the first half, as seems to be a common theme.

No cheap goals and no dodgy decisions, then why not. Unfortunately I don’t think we have it in us. Nor do the refs.

We are our own worst enemies in these fixtures, its the same culprits each time.

I know Phil wont do it but he should watch Walter's teams there where they were compact and killed the game, breaking upfield and scoring rather than going toe to toe.
Spot on

I wouldn’t be surprised if we play really well and still lose (it’s just what we do in these games). I wouldn’t be surprised if we play really well and draw. I also wouldn’t be surprised if our team fills their nappies at 12:29 and we get pumped.

The only thing that would massively surprise me is if we defend well, take our chances, and win the game.

Our results in this fixture have been horrendous for 3 seasons now due to a combination of gifting them ridiculous goals, missing chances, and having a lot of the ball but doing nothing with it.

They aren’t great and that was massively evident again in their recent games against the sheep and Dundee, but I’m just not sure we have it in us to punish them.

Maybe put it another way when was the last time we got any kind of a decision for us against that mob? A fair crack of the whip and we can beat them but we never get one against them.

Not that I think it will make any difference goal difference kills us.

Our worst performances have been when we've tried that. Sitting off them is not a good ploy. We don't have to go gung-ho attacking them but we need to aggressively press up on them and compete

I will do what I usually do sit and watch and see how things work out. We will have to be aware from first whistle to the last.So long as we compete and fight for every ball and show spirit and endeavour who knows what will happen. Obviously looking for a victory so we must not concede early doors and put in a performance worthy of a Rangers side. It's in our own hands. Put in a performance Rangers.

Oh the irony

It isn’t really irony though is it. It’s more like them applying a sense realism based on the abominations this teams recently put in against Motherwell, Dundee, Ross County and the filth (first half) whilst in the middle of a title race.

Someone acknowledging the obvious flaws with this team doesn’t mean they have no guts or personally lack the no surrender spirit etc.

The only guts / spirit / attitude that actually matters in all of this is our teams, and it was found massively wanting yet again when the chips were down.

Of course we do, we beat Real Betis away who are a much better side than that lot.

Our problem against them this season is that they've done a much better job of exploiting our weaknesses than we have theirs.

We regularly see their defence ridiculed in Europe, we need to exploit their weakness better in these games.

Of course we can , will we , probably not sadly.
When we struggle away at Ross County, Dundee and just do enough to take all 3 points at St Mirren do you think this group of players can go in there in front of 60000 rabid Dhims and stop them clinching the league title? My head is telling me you know how these scenarios normally end.
We live in hope but not looking forward to it to be honest

I believe the lack of a natural goalscorer has cost us dearly in these fixtures.

Aside from the dodgy decisions, we have created enough opportunities to win all the recent games.

If we don't then we don't deserve to be champions, it is really that simple. Yes we are capable, we have already beaten better this season in terms of Betis. But our players need to believe they can and that is up to manager this week.

If we press them from the start, they cannot cope with us. Anytime we have dominated against them, whether it be a full game or for periods in a game, it’s on the back of closing them down quickly, shutting off the midfield/mcgregor and pressing.

We seem to sit back though and let them play but really need to take the game to them

If we press them from the start, they cannot cope with us. Anytime we have dominated against them, whether it be a full game or for periods in a game, it’s on the back of closing them down quickly, shutting off the midfield/macgregor and pressing.

We seem to sit back though and let them play but really need to take the game to them

The pressing point I fully agree with.

The problem we have is our press is piss poor because Dessers can't do it.

Of course we can win but there is a good chance we will drop points in one of the remaining games.

If we win on Saturday depending on scoreline I am guessing they would still be top with 2 games to go?

If we win by 1 goal, they will be top by 3 of a goal difference.

Win by 2 they will be top by 1 goal of a difference.

Win by 3 we would go top by 1 goal of a difference.

The officials will ensure anything we want to do is scrutinised to a different degree. If we score a goal they will trawl back of every millisecond of footage to chop it off.

Do we have it in us to win? Yes.
Do the officials have it in them to ensure we don’t? Yes.

Of course we do.

It's 11 vs 11 on the day. Anything can happen

Treat it as a Cup Final, go into every battle with the intent of winning it, and who knows.

2-0 to the Rangers

My biggest concern is the lack of pace throughout the team. The filth are rapid in midfield and up top especially the far east crew. A back 4 of Tav, Davies, Soutar and Borna gives me the fear. You can bet your last dollar they will come out flying in the first 20 minutes.

On twitter this morning they all think they've already got this in the bag. I don't mind that at all, they are great at setting themselves up for a fall.

If we can cut out the errors and actually take one of our chances and score the first goal it'll be very interesting. Given how tight the games have been this season we are actually due one. Whether the officials will allow us to get it is a different matter altogether....

I'd be pleasantly stunned if this group of players take anything from there on Saturday.

Every area of our team has serious issues and weaknesses.

My expectations are set very, very low.
Tbf mate, that's probably the same as me, but I'm actually more than happy that we've managed to take it this far.

I really hope we can pull it off. I've always been cautious when playing them, no matter what the form of both are. So it will be no different than my usual. My hope is we take this on and make the best of the situation we find ourselves in, after being out the running till the turn of the year.

They always come at us all guns blazing right from the start, it’s a tactic they’ve used for years. And more than not it’s been successful for them.
How in recent times, other than Gerrard, we can’t come up with something to combat it., I don’t know.
We need to grow a set and be a lot more braver than we’ve been for quite a while.
It’s our last chance saloon, so it’s all or nothing.

They always come at us all guns blazing right from the start, it’s a tactic they’ve used for years. And more than not it’s been successful for them.
How in recent times, other than Gerrard, we can’t come up with something to combat it., I don’t know.
We need to grow a set and be a lot more braver than we’ve been for quite a while.
It’s our last chance saloon, so it’s all or nothing.
Agree mate
A title is on the line , surely this group of players know this and stand up and be counted

Going by recent games against Them , we haven’t shown enough to give us confidence but it’s football and anything can happen I suppose
I definitely think we should forfeit the game.
We’ve no chance.
No bottle and are shit scared.

Well, it would help if we didn't give the opposition a flying start, as the midfield and defence have done so often in recent weeks. It would also help if we had more penetration up front. All too often we've turned up with a knife at a gunfight. And the way Dessers played at the weekend puts him in the blunt scissors category. Let's hope for better all round than we've seen recently.

As a collective our lot seem not to hate them in the way those fuckers hate us, so I think we routinely come up short because of that. My hope is something slightly left field falls for us like big Ugo’s goal back in the day.

Of course we have but we need to be switched on from first second be clinical and get the decisions that have went against us to go our way instead of the beasts way

We will find unique and new ways in which to give away silly goals early in the game. Just depends whether we can also score a few at the other end.

I'd be pleasantly stunned if this group of players take anything from there on Saturday.

Every area of our team has serious issues and weaknesses.

My expectations are set very, very low.
Same as myself, hope for the best prepared for the worst.

I went to Ibrox to see the team off last time and it fires you up. Had myself convinced by kick off we were gonna do them. Probably the same scenario this week.

It's unlikely. Our recent record there is abysmal and we are not in good form. We look like a team who is limping along and is waiting to be put out of its misery.

The last 2 games at parkhead could have gone either way and we were unlucky with a couple of decisions from the referees.
Given the recent performances from referees combined with the actual lack of bottle our players have shown when it comes right down to it I just don't see it.

Cut out the howlers at the back and get right in the scums faces from first second. Let them know we are here to win. Then take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back