Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the lack of pace in the team that concerns me more. Injuries to Sima and Matondo have seen to that. Still don’t think there’s much between us and them though.

I must've misremembered the OF games this season, because according to some they've tanked us everytime.

Of course we can win it, we will need a bit of luck, but more importantly, more quality infront of goal. Something that only our RB has really shown at that midden.

Possibly the only chance some of our players will ever have to win a title medal. Phill needs to hang the red meat out and let them go for it, we need to make sure every player leaves it all out on the park.

We don’t start quickly enough in games that’s a fact. We’ve gifted them more often than not another fact. Can we beat them? If we scew the nut and have a right go at them why not. Silence that filth and of course we can win.Will we? I have my doubts. This team do not fill me with much optimism.

We had a late rally last time, when they were two up and we were down to ten men and they decided to sit off the game. They panicked a bit when Tav stuck a free kick in the top corner but in all honesty, they ran over the top of us that day. Particularly the first half, as seems to be a common theme.
I don't remember them running over us at all. I remember at half time, thinking that I couldn't remember last time we had created so many decent chances at the piggery.

They've let us down so many times against them that it's impossible to feel any sort of confidence for this. Between that and the corrupt referees I'm certainly not getting my hopes up.

The only thing I will say is that no run in football lasts forever and we are long overdue a win against them so you just never know.

As someone else said last night, we'll be able to tell after 5 minutes if we have a chance or if its going to be a humping.

It’s the lack of pace in the team that concerns me more. Injuries to Sima and Matondo have seen to that. Still don’t think there’s much between us and them though.
It's not even lacking the availability of our faster players, we don't move the ball quickly enough.

The injuries to the forward line and If Balogun is out we will really struggle.

The fact our only fit striker wants 20 touches to score as well certainly won’t help.

This team is lacking character and belief I can’t see us getting much of anything on Saturday after watching our last few games.

I hope we can but been let down so many times i am not holding out much hope

We’ve beaten better than them this season, but I’m not sure this group of players believes they can do it.

If we panic at the back in the way we did for Kilmarnock’s goal, we’ve no chance.

Based on what my own eyes tell me, watching our team, my expectations are (sadly) very low. We have problems all over the park, but this recent habit of leaking shite goals, early in games, is going to kill us here.

The performance on Saturday starts in the dressing room before kick off.
If the players return after 90+ minutes exhausted and able to look around at each other and say we gave everything, the result will hopefully be the right one.

The performance on Saturday starts in the dressing room before kick off.
If the players return after 90+ minutes exhausted and able to look around at each other and say we gave everything, the result will hopefully be the right one.
This

Win lose or draw , I want 100% effort and heart put into this game

They seem hungrier in these games than us, and that is inexcusable. They have relentless pressing from their front 3 players where as ours does it one at a time occasionally. They are constantly chasing down our midfielders, where as ours go at walking pace side to side and backwards.

Even with all the injuries we have I still believe we are good enough man for man to beat them but it's whether we want it enough or want it more than them that concerns me. We have totally capitulated in recent weeks when you could tie ribbons on the trophy for us. It really is all about belief and mentality whether we actually get anything. We will either rise to the occasion or be 3 or 4 down at HT again after another implosion.

We're due a big result v them though.

I think this is when you really want to see signs that your manager has something different about him.

Gio and Beale didn’t have it, Clement hasn’t really shown it yet either, to be perfectly honest.

I get that he’s up against it in terms of a lack of available options, but I think we kind of need to see evidence that he can inspire a group of limited talents to something greater than the sum of its parts.

He’s got two massive games left against them this season.

He needs to win one of them, IMO.

Of course we can, and when Beale left in October we’d have killed to be in this position.

We all have our misgivings about this side (and whisper it, the manager) but it’s football, and it’s about moments, and Saturday has the potential to be legendary.

If you’re not excited about it, getting pumped up, feeling your conkerbag tightening…. go watch rugby or something.
No need to whisper, what are your concerns about the manager?

Genuinely curious.

I think this is when you really want to see signs that your manager has something different about him.

Gio and Beale didn’t have it, Clement hasn’t really shown it yet either, to be perfectly honest.

I get that he’s up against it in terms of a lack of available options, but I think we kind of need to see evidence that he can inspire a group of limited talents to something greater than the sum of its parts.

He’s got two massive games left against them this season.

He needs to win one of them, IMO.
Betis away?

I don't think we have the available players to go there and put on a great performance so most likely we'll have to find a way to keep things tight while also carrying some sort of threat up front to keep them from eventually overwhelming us.

Reckon we win by keeping it 0-0 until the hour mark, taking the sting out of the crowd and finding a way to create and take a chance. I can't see us grinding out a 1-0 so we'd probably need to try and score a second on the break in this scenario. Are we capable of this? Maybe, but I think we're going to need them to be below par in attack and we also need to show a level of ruthlessness in front of goal that we haven't managed too often in this fixture.

Of course we can, and when Beale left in October we’d have killed to be in this position.

We all have our misgivings about this side (and whisper it, the manager) but it’s football, and it’s about moments, and Saturday has the potential to be legendary.

If you’re not excited about it, getting pumped up, feeling your conkerbag tightening…. go watch rugby or something.
We All have misgivings about the manager ? I don't think so.

Yes, but only if we show real fighting spirit, urgency and belief which seem’s to be beyond us when it really matters.

We already know their gameplay, the turncoat said as much after the last game there when he said, “We know when we come at them with that intensity they can’t handle it”.

They can’t play at that pace for 90 minutes, so we need to weather the storm in the first 15/20 minutes and take the sting out the game.

If we can go into the 2nd half level at the very least, we’ve got something to build from, but history has shown they will try to blow us away early and then spend the second half playing out time and mocking us.
Thinking exactly the same. I would love to score the first goal around 30 minutes in. They try and rush us, but can’t keep it up. Too often when there’s been no or a small amount of fans, we are out the game after 20 minutes and it’s a big party for them. If we can score first and keep the lead for a bit, those games suddenly become a different proposition for them. Fan pressure, confidence and composure all become a challenge.

No need to whisper, what are your concerns about the manager?

Genuinely curious.

I think he’s boobed slightly with a few systems and selections.

Lundstram and Dio as a two don’t really work, and I don’t think Cantwell as a floating ten has, either.

Throwing Dowell & Roofe in for random starts didn’t work, and the Lawrence & Wright calls in the 3-3 didn’t work either.

99% of us on here agree that Saturday needs to see three flat mids with Sterling beside Dio & Lundstram. But I’m not convinced PC will do that!

I think he’s boobed slightly with a few systems and selections.

Lundstram and Dio as a two don’t really work, and I don’t think Cantwell as a floating ten has, either.

Throwing Dowell & Roofe in for random starts didn’t work, and the Lawrence & Wright calls in the 3-3 didn’t work either.

99% of us on here agree that Saturday needs to see three flat mids with Sterling beside Dio & Lundstram. But I’m not convinced PC will do that!
99% have no real clue about being a football manager though.

I don’t think many people have misgivings about the manager, he is pissing with the cock he has got right now

This team has let me down in these games too often for me to have any expectation of a win on Saturday.

Its only the hope that remains.

one side of me is thinking that we ain’t got anything there in a while so maybe this is the time…. But other side of me is thinking will be the same moans …. Tavs a bottle merchant… centre half’s where shocking.. lunny and cantwell sh**bags and dessers is useless. I’m hoping we can dig deep and go right at the scum get the 3 points

99% have no real clue about being a football manager though.

I don’t think many people have misgivings about the manager, he is pissing with the cock he has got right now

Yeah strong caveat to that is fair.

He needs to address the drop off in form, mind, rightly or wrongly a manager will always get some stick when it goes awry.

Flip side, he can cement himself as a legend if the next 3 weeks go our way.

I am not very confident for this one but for some reason I feel like being away from home helps us. If it's tight their fans will get nervous, which will hopefully affect their players.

Sick of the word bottle makes me cringe.

Between that and the new buzz word 'mentality'. It's getting very tiresome. Two things that matter not a jot come game time. It's a bizarre narrative that has spread wildly in the last few years and I have no idea why. Total fugazi.

They've not been this confident since pre Gerrard. They all seem to be taking a 3 or 4 nil win as a formality. I suspect the Celtic players feel the same and will fully expect a gift or two from our defence.
I think a lot stems from that first half at Ibrox and they all think we'll put in another showing like that for them to capitalise on.

That's something we must use to our advantage. It'll drive them insane if we defend properly as a team and I can see them losing the plot if things don't go their way and it'll come down to us being able to pick them off and scoring a goal which can stand up to a level of VAR scutiny unseen anywhere else in the game.

Yeah strong caveat to that is fair.

He needs to address the drop off in form, mind, rightly or wrongly a manager will always get some stick when it goes awry.

Flip side, he can cement himself as a legend if the next 3 weeks go our way.
I think our recent collapse will have really opened the managers eyes to the character of a few and the ability to do what’s required when the pressure is on.

We still have plenty to play for of course but this summer will be a fairly big turnaround with Koppen really having to prove his worth.

Butland needs a Goram style performance, imo.

He's been great, but a massive OF performance is due, imo.

If we sit back the first 20 mins and try to defend the onslaught coming our way then we will be 2 down within 15 mins. We aren’t good enough at the moment to soak up 20 mins of that without giving them anything to worry about coming back. The back line will have to make sure they push everyone up the first 20 so we aren’t camped in and not able to get up the park.

I think we can do them. We will score i'm certain, their defense are shite, but then can our own defence hold it together.

Once again, butland will be a huge player for us. Yesterday was unfortunate, but to be fair, he has been tremendous for us.

To have any chance of winning we need to take our chances if we get any

Unfortunately I think the officials will as usual do everything to help the scum as this game is worth huge money for the guaranteed CL spot

I’d love to win this game after that prick Rodgers comments the other day

We then play Dundee at home before the go to Killie

Football does through up results that you don’t expect and given our recent record there it would be a huge achievement to beat them

We have scar tissue from the 0-3 and 0-4 under Gio, but that is clouding our memory.

The last 18 months of games we’ve lost by a goal. Including two at Hampden.

Those also include two open goal misses by Sakala, one by Lammers, Dessers choke when clean through, and two legit goals disallowed.

Then the non-penalty with the Johnston handball, and Bernardo and Johnston scandalously staying in the park when second yellows were obvious.

We are fooling ourselves into thinking we can’t compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back