Do we have it in us to beat Them on Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe if we play the Europa League anthem in the locker room before the game.

We can beat them, but we'll need to be at our best, have a bit of luck, not get perfectly good goals disallowed, and not let ourselves collapse under pressure.

Realistically, our best bet this season is probably getting a draw next week, thrashing Dundee and hoping Kilmarnock can beat them so we can go into the final game somehow ahead on GD. But %^*& that, I'd give anything for a Rangers win next week.

I think injuries wise the players that are returning needed a couple more weeks to get sharp. Davies in defence will be match fit, but there's a big difference with that and match sharp. Plenty have said it, but if we concede early they'll smell blood and they've got a full stadium behind them. Only way I can see us winning is for every player to be 100% confident they're capable of doing so. They need to have the right mentality from the start and fully ignore the stands

Maybe if we play the Europa League anthem in the locker room before the game.

We can beat them, but we'll need to be at our best, have a bit of luck, not get perfectly good goals disallowed, and not let ourselves collapse under pressure.

Realistically, our best bet this season is probably getting a draw next week, thrashing Dundee and hoping Kilmarnock can beat them so we can go into the final game somehow ahead on GD. But %^*& that, I'd give anything for a Rangers win next week.
Our best bet is for us to draw against them, but rely on Kilmarnock to beat them?

We might have a chance if we don’t have yet another perfectly good goal chalked off vs them!!

Will all come down to the first 15 minutes. Yes we can win this but we need to keep the crowd quiet. Too often we have stood back and admired their midfield when we should be breaking up their play, pressing, fouling and whatever stops their flow.

We must be brave on the ball and retain possession at the start. If we concede early it could be disastrous.

At one point however we need to go for it and the Manager keeps this in mind. Go in a half time level and it’s all to play for.

We need the players to show up and perform, everybody will have a part to play.

In purely footballing terms we're a match for them at worst across the pitch, except at centre forward. But regardless I expect them to win it with ease, because I've seen it again and again. I obviously hope the team prove me wrong, but several things will have to change from 'the usual' performance we get there and I feel it's too many to all change at once.

Our best bet is for us to draw against them, but rely on Kilmarnock to beat them?
For winning the league - sorry, should have clarified. Celtic have struggled at Kilmarnock and already lost twice there. If I'm thinking with my head rather than heart, I think it's more likely they lose there than we beat them away.

0 faith in this team winning at Parkhead.

We're terrible and have a record just as bad in this fixture, never mind at Parkhead alone.

We're overdue a fluke result though, so hopefully this weekend.

Reactions: VGM
I think he’s boobed slightly with a few systems and selections.

Lundstram and Dio as a two don’t really work, and I don’t think Cantwell as a floating ten has, either.

Throwing Dowell & Roofe in for random starts didn’t work, and the Lawrence & Wright calls in the 3-3 didn’t work either.

99% of us on here agree that Saturday needs to see three flat mids with Sterling beside Dio & Lundstram. But I’m not convinced PC will do that!
Fair enough but I'd read back some of the players names in your post and argue maybe that where the issues are.

We keep dropping managers into crisis situations mid season and asking them to fire fight with largely the same group of players, come the end of the season half the fanbase are unconvinced by them.

Maybe Gerrard was able to eventually succeed as he was a summer appointment that was able to make sweeping changes in pre-season with no baggage, not sure how he'd have fared taking over the previous October with Sean Goss, Russell Martin and Declan John to work with.

Player wise we are as good as them.
Unfortunately I’m not sure we have the mentality of champions, some of our players are like rabbits in headlights against them.
I hope they prove me wrong but this squad have let us down too many times against them

It’s possible certainly, but I’m not optimistic. Too much scar tissue with this squad there recently and that’s before you get to the inevitable referee shenanigans which will undoubtedly transpire.

A massive bonus is that Goldson is out ,his head has gone against them . Body language and demeanour just screams he expects to be beaten
We need to go snarling in ,kick them off the park , really rile them up but box clever . Go down like we've been shot and use all the dark arts .
Target their most productive players I'd go for Hart ,Furuhashi and ORiley and make it a battle. Aim to get their players sent off and if we take a red make sure its for a leg breaker

Last edited:
The ability of so many posters just to say we are always unlucky agaisnt them is quite incredible.

They have performed better than us in defence, midfield and attack in just about every game this season and last, bar the 3-0 scudding under Beale.

Hopefully we are not unlucky again this weekend. And hopefully we don't give them a 2 goal start again, that is a terrible combo mix with being unlucky.

The ability of so many posters just to say we are always unlucky agaisnt them is quite incredible.

They have performed better than us in defence, midfield and attack in just about every game this season and last, bar the 3-0 scudding under Beale.

Hopefully we are not unlucky again this weekend. And hopefully we don't give them a 2 goal start again, that is a terrible combo mix with being unlucky.
Always handy when the officials on your teams side.

A massive bonus is that Goldson is out ,his head has gone against them . Body language and demeanour just screams he expects to be beaten
We need to go snarling in ,kick them off the park , really rile them up but box clever . Go down like we've been shot and use all the dark arts .
Target their most productive players I'd go for Hart ,Furuhashi and ORiley and make it a battle. Aim to get their players sent off and if we take a red make sure its for a leg
Target their most productive players I'd go for Hart ,Furuhashi and ORiley and make it a battle. Aim to get their players sent off and if we take a red make sure its for a leg breaker
Massive Bonus what a lot of garbage.

Few bank holiday cocktails today mate?

Another new member bigging up the filth what a surprise.

No I very much doubt we can win at the piggery, our team is mostly full of losers, their mid field is slicker, faster, and better than ours, up front they have a guy who generally scores, we have a guy who needs 10 minutes to get the ball under control and more often than not fucks up nearly every chance he gets.
On the plus side their defence is shyte, but its been shyte all season and they keep beating us, resounding no from me, please prove me wrong gets.

Yes, Rangers can win. There is no gulf between the teams; their three games so far this season have all been close.

Will Rangers win? Only a fool predicts the outcome of an Old Firm game.

But if Rangers win, by any margin, and then go on to beat Dundee at Ibrox on Tuesday night, to go three points clear with likely superior goal difference …

Celtic will then be under enormous pressure going to Kilmarnock on Wednesday night.

Going by recent games against Them , we haven’t shown enough to give us confidence but it’s football and anything can happen I suppose
We have it in us if we cut out the silly mistakes at the back and all our players are up for it all our players we can't afford to have even one shittin it like they have in the past WATP.

Who said we are always unlucky?

Quite perceptive of you considering you've only been here a week.

Can we? Yes, we have beaten much better teams than them this season - see Betis.

Will be be able to? Difficult to say.

Will be allowed to in a game of this magnitude? I honestly don't think there's a hope in hell of that.

The last point is more than valid before anyone jumps on it with "if we do/did x, y or z we'd win", no point blaming the ref. Particularly when you see the goals chopped off & (non) decisions in the games this season.

I think we can do it.

Even if Balogun is fit I would keep Davies in and play the three of them. 532. No need for Lundstram to fall back and leave the middle to them as we usually do.

Sterling directly in front of Tav to plug the right. Win the midfield first and then see where it takes us.

Tav and Ridvan to go beyond when possible and get it into Dessers feet, with the last place going to the fastest forward we have fit.

100% yes.

Some absolutely scandalous refereeing has cost us dearly at the piggery in recent years.

So, it’s not if the players have it in them. They do. It’s will the bastard referee let us get a fair crack at the whip.

Jesus Christ.

The opposition are a team who've taken less points than us in a piss poor league since PC took over.

We sometimes speak about them like they're Real Madrid...

Not only can we beat them, but we fu*king will. They've had staggering luck, refereeing decisions, and self-inflicted chaos (from us) help them out massively in the last 3 games.

Last edited:
We have to win there again at some point, why can’t this weekend be the moment?

Also, I’ve been banned twice on here for calling the team shite bags and fear a ban again after the game so what do I know.

I can’t say I am confident, but when are you ever? We’re Rangers and to paraphrase the great Bill Struth, we’re at our best when nothing is expected of us.

I’d be dropping Lundstram now that Ridvan has came back and got himself some minutes, sticking Sterling in the middle with Diomande. JL is too negative and will have their midfield pressing us too high with his dropping back to the 18 yard box to take a pass from the centre halves. No use.

We will get chances, as always, we have to take them this time though. This may be harsh too but we need a McGregor esque performance from JB at the weekend. These are the games where your legend is carved, step up and play.

If we can cut out the brain farts in defence, and we are up for the fight, then yes we have it in us to beat them but we have to be on it from the start. We just have to stop gifting them a goal of a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back