do we have our own rebuild on the horizon?

League is all that matters this season for me. I genuinely don't care about cup humiliations or pumpings in Europe as long as we have 56 in May. Its vital we get the CL cash.

To answer the thread title…No

Honestly I’ve personally stayed clear of FF since before kickoff on Saturday and now logging in reminds me why

The number of panic merchants and panic threads is absolutely laughable.

Calm the feck down folks. For 87 mins of the 94 we were better than we’ve been all season. Tims looking in must have a field-day with the mentalists on here

It's obvious we may well see big changes next summer, and I do wonder if that has played some part in how we have gone about things this summer.

Before to long I would love to see a midfield of Lundstram, Kelly and McCann and big Juan Algeria up front and sell the players that they will replace. Not quite sure it's realistic though.

We have a big season coming up in relation to the squad. One big disappointment for me is that only really Patterson from the youths look likes he will break through. I had hoped by now we would have had two or three in that position. However a few of the existing players will hopefully sign and extension .
Surely we need to start giving our youth players a chance,we seem to have a good crop of young players coming through, surely this would be the time to bring them in,maybe one or two at a time.

Our board have fell asleep at the wheel after winning 55 when realistically this season and champions league money is more important than ever with the rebuild and simply because we need the money that’s in front of us, it would be unforgivable if we allowed them to win the league this year.

The Club will not be overspending and take a risk against our future again. Some people might not want to hear that, but that's a fact based on some of the directors comments. We will more than likely be posting another financial loss of £20m plus in the coming weeks.

The Club understandably wants to establish a price reputation for our players. Undersell one of our assets now might affect perception for other deals in the future. Covid has affected the market. IMO I think in normal times at least one of our better players would have been sold.

I would say hindsight showed not selling him was the right move TBH
Think we would of won the league without him last season tbh if had invested the majority of his fee on at least another top striker, alfies best performances were in Europe last season he was excellent against benfica home and away

Back