Do we have what it takes to stop the Tainted 10?

55timesthechampions

Evening folks.
New to FF so go easy on me.

If we hang onto Alfie, get Hagi in, make Jack captain and possibly a new CB with experience as the title says...

I can’t see the poets changing much players wise but I can’t see us making wholesale changes either compared to last seasons.

I think we match them in every position and beat them 1 on 1 but we need the elite mentality that the poets have going for them post January.

What’s your thoughts gentlemen?

Evening folks.

If we hang onto Alfie, get Hagi in, make Jack captain and possibly a new CB with experience as the title says...

I can’t see the poets changing much players wise but I can’t see us making wholesale changes either compared to last seasons.

I think we match them in every position and beat them 1 on 1 but we need the elite mentality that the poets have going for them post January.

10.... Who scored the goal that won them 9

I said we had to stop them this year, as if they got 9, then they will not risk us stopping 10.
Obviously it's different circumstances, but I still feel that if we spent 10 mill this summer, they would at least double it to ensure 10.
Hopefully we may come out of this nightmare slightly closer to them financially, and the fact they were awarded this title really makes any argument about 10, null and void

We have to find a level of consistency and confidence, especially after the winter break, while i believe that we can compete with them in one off games,they are far better at winning ugly,and more consistently,,,we have to improve in all areas of the park,at least one cb ,cm,cf and another winger, we also have to believe that we can win the league

It's absolutely impossible to say just now.

Serious investment in the team would require one or two big sales in my opinion. The problem with that is what is the market going to be like. Are people really going to be spending tens of millions of pounds until things become clearer.

I said we had to stop them this year, as if they got 9, then they will not risk us stopping 10.
Obviously it's different circumstances, but I still feel that if we spent 10 mill this summer, they would at least double it to ensure 10.
Hopefully we may come out of this nightmare slightly closer to them financially, and the fact they were awarded this title really makes any argument about 10, null and void
How can they ensure 10 when they haven,t won 9.

We need to exploit their biggest weakness; TLB. Get the pressure on and he/they will buckle. Get consistency and dont make it easy for them. Sad fact is we bossed 3 games against them and only came away with one win but performances against the rest were our downfall. Get some quality in to finish off these games and we’re in a good place.

I still dont see us winning the league for a couple of years yet unless we get big investment this pre season. I will live in hope though.
What i will say is that any notion of a 10 in a row to them means heehaw to me. Its tainted beyond belief so not something i will aclnowkedge.

Grow up son.

giphy.gif

It'll depend just as much on matters off the park as on it.

With the current placemen ruling the SPFL and SFA, there's virtually no chance of us succeeding. They'll be even more determined to hamper us as revenge for daring to question them.

It's crucial that those "leading" scottish football become neutral. We can't have one club calling all the shots.

They can make as much noise about it as they like but personally i aint acknowledging this seasons award of the title so season 20-21 is not 10 in a row.

On the actual question from The OP, i think we will need to strengthen heavily with 3 further 1st choice players to go straight into our starting 11 AFTER even if hagi signs.

We will also need to be able to switch our system when the need arises, be it playing with 2 up front, 1 sitting mid or even 3 centrebacks.

Even allowing for all of this the odds are stacked against us, we seen what the mentally challengeds/spfl/sfa/mentally challengeds at other clubs were willing to do when their was a sniff the yahoos might not be awarded the league this season.

Add into that refereeing decisions and compliance officers.

If youn think the last 6 weeks has been bad you have no idea what will be unleashed if it looks like we are going to challenge for the league

A new skipper, and more consistency from out midfield, like Aribo and Kamara who keep drifting out of games. I think we rely on Alfie too much for goals and would like another 20 goals spread around the team. The thing we need most is a moany faced miserable sod who wants to win at all costs.

I worry to what extent the 9/10 asterisk tainted chat is unhelpful to us as club moving forward.

Ultimately Celtic having a title - won fairly or not - represents another year that we don't have it. There will be some people who would take solace in a Celtic title win next year by saying, "yeah, but, it's not actually 10, they're actually back to 1 again." It's a weird form of distraction from dealing with the fact that we still haven't won it.

I'd rather the players were fired up next year at the chance of stopping them winning a league than taking as much comfort from some in here about whether next season would represent title 9 or 10. There's almost a sense of despondency and resignation in some of those posts. I think I know what narrative Gerrard will be telling the players.

I worry to what extent the 9/10 asterisk tainted chat is unhelpful to us as club moving forward.

Ultimately Celtic having a title - won fairly or not - represents another year that we don't have it. There will be some people who would take solace in a Celtic title win next year by saying, "yeah, but, it's not actually 10, they're actually back to 1 again." It's a weird form of distraction from dealing with the fact that w

I'd rather the players were fired up next year at the chance of stopping them winning a league than taking as much comfort from some in here about whether next season would represent title 9 or 10. There's almost a sense of despondency and resignation in some of those posts. I think I know what narrative will be telling the players.
This is it for me, simply stop them winning it, whether it’s 2, 10, 15.

This is it for me, simply stop them winning it, whether it’s 2, 10, 15.

Predictably many of the posts on here have taken offence over the OP's choice of words in the title.

It's almost a case of getting their excuses in early.

I wonder if Celtic go on and win the league for the next five seasons they'll still be peddling those lines.

A rigged vote to end the season early put a stop to the tainted 10.

Anyone who can't see this is deluded or a mhank. You can't win 10 if you vote to be awarded/handed/gifted the 1 that would have took you to 9

It’s not them we need to worry about. We’ve shown were more than capable of beating them it’s dropping points to the diddy teams we can’t afford next season. I’m mean getting beat from Hamilton at home just shouldn’t be happening. Honestly out of our current squad the only ones I would keep would be McGregor, Barasic, Gouldson Katic, Helander, hagi if we get him, kamara, Kent Alfie and Defoe.

It’s not them we need to worry about. We’ve shown were more than capable of beating them it’s dropping points to the diddy teams we can’t afford next season. I’m mean getting beat from Hamilton at home just shouldn’t be happening. Honestly out of our current squad the only ones I would keep would be McGregor, Barasic, Gouldson Katic, Helander, hagi if we get him, kamara, Kent Alfie and Defoe.

Ryan Jack?

Evening folks.

Ueyl

Back