Do you ever bet Celtic to win on a coupon

Well I’ll go against the staunch grain for this one, I’ve had Celtic on coupons, all you’re doing is predicting the outcome of a football match, and predicting they will win isn’t wanting them to win or cheering them on for the sake of your coupon.

And every time I have them on, I’d happily accept a burst coupon if it means them slipping up. That’s worth more than a few bob!

Op, you are sick.

That feeling of simultaneously feeling disappointed that they won and elated that I won money is a feeling I never want to experience.

I'd never bet on them, never have and never will. I'd rather stick my head into a bucket of sick.

Did it when they played Aberdeen at Pittodrie before -1 13/10 they were 3-0 up after 10 or 12 minutes.

Shameful to be honest don’t think I could ever do it again didn’t feel right even being up £130.

There’s a difference when your gambling big money to adding them on to a favourites acca I would say though.

-100 staunch points I know.

Not to win, I want them to lose every game so I dont want to take any joy if they win, or look like I want them to win.

On the flip side, I never take Rangers on a coupon. If they get beat I will be doubly miserable as the weekend is ruined and so is my coupon!

Took them once when Rodgers was in charge at home to someone (can’t remember who), they missed a penalty and drew and it fucked my 6 fold for £600. Never again, bastards :rolleyes:

Last night doubled my money betting Rangers on a handicap bet , should have been easy money but got theire in the end. Got me thinking that picking say Liverpool, Rangers, Celtic, Dundee Utd , Leeds every week would see you win most weeks.

Even if I was going to win a fortune I wouldn't select them to win
No. Absolutely never.

I'm actually tempted to start putting on a West brom celtic double, as I'm looking at some pretty big money back if rangers, Leeds, barca and juve win their leagues.

That way if one of them drop points I'll be delighted and it not I'll make some money back.

Still not sure if I can bring myself to do it though.

Nope. Even aside of the obvious reasons, 90% of games they play they are such overwhelming favourites it's pointless having them on the coupon. Hardly ever bet on us for the same reason. Would bet on them to draw.

Yes. I’m not one of those weirdos who thinks it’s unstaunch to do. You bet with your head not your heart.

Yes. I’m not one of those weirdos who thinks it’s unstaunch to do. You bet with your head not your heart.
But you want to win the bet I assume? So you want all the results to come in yes? So there must be some point where you are waiting on coupon coming in and you’ve got the mentally challengeds to win and you are willing them on?

But you want to win the bet I assume? So you want all the results to come in yes? So there must be some point where you are waiting on coupon coming in and you’ve got the mentally challengeds to win and you are willing them on?

No. I want them to lose and happily part with money for it to happen. If they don’t however, I at least get something out of it.

So you place bets and then cheer against them? Ohkaaaaay

If they’re a decent price, I’ve no qualms having them on a coupon. I was waiting on them against Livi away a few months ago for a few hundred, Livi won 2-0. Do you think I was upset? Was I %^*&.

I don’t back them every week at stupid odds.

Seems no-one bets on the scum. And quite right... mind you, with everyones collective sods law, maybe we should do it more often! Wiyj my luck their winning streak would evaporate faster than... well faster than it did against us at their dump!

Never to win, always against, usually CL qualifiers. A couple of seasons ago I bet Hivs to beat them at Easter Road & Aberdeen to beat them at the piggery as I felt they would throw both those game so that we wouldn't finish 2nd! can't say they threw the games, but both bets came in!!!! go figure

Nope, would never do it. Always live in the eternal hope they'll lose every game so would never bother.

If they’re a decent price, I’ve no qualms having them on a coupon. I was waiting on them against Livi away a few months ago for a few hundred, Livi won 2-0. Do you think I was upset? Was I %^*&.

I don’t back them every week at stupid odds.
Your whole point goes out when you say when they’re a decent price . Much like us that never happens domestically , as bookies can make them any price they want and people still add them to coupons same as Barca , Liverpool ,city etc .

I generally avoid betting on Scottish football and just bet on English football where I can be neutral and rational as I don't really follow any English team.

It’s a simple NO.
I rarely back Rangers either, as I don’t want to jinx us. I am pretty shitè at the coupons, but I couldn’t cheer for them in as my capacity.

I sometimes do it if they go behind in a game, like livi this season when they went one behind the odds went to 3/1, but its money I'm happy to lose its almost to soften the blow if they do comeback

Never bet on that mob never will, can you imagine waiting for them to score for your coupon to come up, no way

Have before but not now had us them and hearts on both teams to score and win won a 100 quid from a 2 pound stake

I never have done before but after seeing this thread I backed them last night, and lost. That will teach me.

I hardly ever bet on Rangers to win purely because I'm a jinx. Only Gers related bet I do is Katic to score anytime.

Never have and never will.
I've never bet on them to lose either, but I suppose that would be deemed perfectly acceptable.

Hardly any value in it, most time they are stick on to win, and the minute you back them at 1/8 to boost your 10 fold coupon they'll be the ones to bust it :))

I've had them over 2.5 goals before on coupons but wouldn't bet them on a win.

I never bet on their games at all. Dont really touch our games either tbh. Everything I bet loses so maybe I should bet on them lol

3ejaCz5.gif

Back