Do you feel more confident about the rest of the season now?

It's a pretty tough run of fixtures to start for the new manager.

That said, Gerrard & Beale spent 3 years implementing a system and that doesn't get ripped up overnight. No one would be daft enough to do that, especially given our success.

I think it will be business as usual until February. Keep the same style, players and shape. Then with a few additions we might see a change. Regardless, I think we'll win the league comfortably in the end. We have too much quality and Celtic don't have enough squad depth.

Change isn't always good. In this situation though I feel it was needed.

Fresh start most welcome as we were not firing like we expected after winning 55.

Was confident we would win 56 under SG anyway, but the change I feel will enter us into a new chapter, probably when we least expected it.

Sunday is going to be so interesting, as is the rest of the season and beyond.

Hopefully we have a manager now this season who really wants to be here, and his interview will be something that gives him the opportunity to set out his vision etc. This alone will make us better from the way we have been of late. This is arguably most definitely an upgrade, although time will tell if that's the case; Van Bronckhorst is by all accounts a top coach/manager.

I think the fair answer is who knows. How do the players react ? How easily does he get his ethos in place etc. What is clear is we were running with a man who had mentally chucked it .

The question is how many buy in and how many decide it was Gerrard they were here for. I'm hoping given his exit that players see that no manager has their ultimate welfare if it means they can jump ship.

In summary?

Not really. We could do without the disruption mid season. A lot depend on how the new manager settles and whether the players perform for him.

We needed fresh ideas and input. We had reached a peak with Gerrard and were actually in decline. Gerrard himself had emotionally withdrawn himself and you could feel it was having a subconscious effect on the players (and fans).

Hopefully Gio comes in and with new staff, offers new ideas and brings a new energy to the squad, which by the way, is the best squad in the Country by a mile.

Question is, what players will be up for it and what players have also mentally chucked it no matter who is in charge?

Time to see who is up for the challenge as the fans are; and now we appear to have a Manager who is also up for it.

Let's G............Gio.

Not more confident, but not any less really

some big games coming up - potential to qualify in europe and hopefully win a cup shortly into gio’s time could have us off to a flyer!

SG stopped 10 and left us with a decent playing pool, certainly much better than he found on arrival.

But “outstanding success”? I’d contend not, constantly failed in cup, strong position lost in 2019-20 season. Plus some of our play this year has been awful, including abysmal failure v Malmo.

When he came we were miles behind in the league, hadn't bet Celtic in so long and our coefficient & Scotland's coefficient in Europe was terrible (since you brought Europe in).

Gerrards legacy?

Rangers v Celtic
Before (since promotion) - W0 D2 L9
After (Gerrard) - W7 D1 L4

Rangers Coeficcient:
Before - Rank 265th
After - Rank 43rd(above Celtic)

SPFL
Before - 3rd
After - Champions (stopped 55

Record in Europe:

We all know the stats. Exceptional.

The guy did a fantastic, outstanding, exceptional job. Use whatever adjective you want, or don't.
But he was a terrific success whatever way you look at it.

The fact he didn't get an extra cup or two I can live with. But what he done for our club in that time I will never forget and i'll never taint the results even to suit my own bitterness.

I will also never forget how he walked out, and I'll never forget how cold it has felt since.

But that is what it is - football fans are as fickle, if not more so, than managers. We're the first people to call for peoples jobs and get on peoples backs. Football is what it is. My disappointment is huge right now - but you'll never hear me downplay the job the man did for the club. Last season was euphoric.

When he came we were miles behind in the league, hadn't bet Celtic in so long and our coefficient & Scotland's coefficient in Europe was terrible (since you brought Europe in).

Gerrards legacy?

Rangers v Celtic
Before (since promotion) - W0 D2 L9
After (Gerrard) - W7 D1 L4

Rangers Coeficcient:
Before - Rank 265th
After - Rank 43rd(above Celtic)

SPFL
Before - 3rd
After - Champions (stopped 55

Record in Europe:

We all know the stats. Exceptional.

The guy did a fantastic, outstanding, exceptional job. Use whatever adjective you want, or don't.
But he was a terrific success whatever way you look at it.

The fact he didn't get an extra cup or two I can live with. But what he done for our club in that time I will never forget and i'll never taint the results even to suit my own bitterness.

I will also never forget how he walked out, and I'll never forget how cold it has felt since.

But that is what it is - football fans are as fickle, if not more so, than managers. We're the first people to call for peoples jobs and get on peoples backs. Football is what it is. My disappointment is huge right now - but you'll never hear me downplay the job the man did for the club. Last season was euphoric.
I agree with all of this. We had the highest profile manager we have ever had and we held onto him for 3.5 years. During this time he transformed our club into the top dogs in Scotland and nobody's pushovers in Europe.

The manner in which he left was disappointing but we have to live with that. We'll get over it eventually.

If the players start getting a grip and tighten up a bit then I'll feel a wee bit better.
I think Gio will sort it though.

I didn't think we were going to win the league the way we were playing under gerrard. Couldn't string 3 wins in a row together.

Gio needs to establish quickly what players dont want to be here, and if needed plan for a January clear out

My gut instinct is that we will win the league now

Yeah. From what I have read up on gio will come in and change stuff getting even stuff like ball boys involved with stuff. So starting from the back of the scenes and minor tweets like this should lift the players massively and if it dont they might aswell put themselves in the shop window.

Feeling loads better and confident :)

Absolutely yes.

Now that we have appointed GVB I think this will give this team the shot in the arm it needs.

Suppose its a bit of a stick or twist situation. I get the feeling under Gerrard things had stagnated a bit and we would have dropped more points like we had against Motherwell, Hearts etc this season had he stated and would have made for a much tighter title race.

With Gio, this is a team who are 4 points clear and are proven champions who will be freshened up and reinvigorated.

Yes, more confident.

More confident about the league, more confident about Europe and more confident about the future.

I'm really looking forward to Thursday's game, I don't think the semi final will tell us much though.

Honestly don’t know. I guess it depends on whether it was the team unsettling Gerrard or Gerrard unsettling the team.
Exactly this. I wouldn't say I'm more confident, but I'm certainly more optimistic. If the team get a lift from new management and string together a run of results, then I'll be confident.

Yes and No. When the players get their act together and stop throwing away cheap goals and start games much better then I’ll relax hopefully starting Sunday.With Ryan Jack and. Ryan Kent back that makes me think we will improve.

I didn’t see us winning the league with SG unless he and his gang got us winning consistently.
Too many silly goals and missed sitters was starting to cost us a point here and there .
We’re lucky that mob were even more inconsistent or else Gio would have been coming into a very different scenario.

It helps we have a manager that wants to be here.
His enthusiasm should rub off on the squad and hopefully stop the lethargy and complacency that’s set it.
Everyone will be playing for their place now and the pals act and days of certain starters should be over so I’m quietly confident.

I thought we would win it but that it would be close, less than 10 points say. Now I think we will get a lift and take the title fairly easily.

Yes and No. When the players get their act together and stop throwing away cheap goals and start games much better then I’ll relax hopefully starting Sunday.With Ryan Jack and. Ryan Kent back that makes me think we will improve.
Good thing is the players have now got to impress.A fresh start if you like.

I think their would have been an unofficial handover between SH management team and GVB's team.

So yes bring it on. 56

Its all down to the players. If the players are re-energised by this and keen to impress GVB. Then i could see us kicking into gear.

I expect there to be little between the top 2 after Christmas and then we will pull away in the new year.

In my opinion Celtic can't get any better than they currently are, guys like Ralston are massively overachieving and will eventually go back to being the division one player he is. He's not alone either, they are poor from keeper to midfield. Us on the other hand, we have a few gears to go yet and have a far stronger squad.

Yes. A lot of what SG has said of late regarding “ fulfilling his remit” suggests we were treading water
New broom and all that… have upgraded my prediction of how far we win the league from 3-7 points to 10-15

29397123.jpg

• Love
Reactions: TQ3
Something has been most of the season. I'm not sure what it is and other than a few games we've not been our our usual self.
But in saying that we are in a good position and I'm confident that GVB can build on that.

We have had a horrible pre-season, with players coming back at different times and levels of fitness. Borna was at the Euro’s but came back injured, Others came back late, so the usual cohesion wasn’t there straight away.
Now the 2 Ryan’s are back, we are stronger than we have been so far this season, with Fil being the only first pick not available. We should now get on a run. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that we leak goals when Ryan Jack isn’t there, so hopefully we get back to clean sheets for us, and dirty sheets for the beggars!
I feel we have upped the quality in the management steaks, as Gio has more experience, and knows the club like a close friend.
Add to all of that the fact we are still in 4 competitions and a realistic chance of going further in the cups, Im confident.

Not really,

I was pretty content with where we were, I expect the management had a decent plan laid out to negate what is going to be a hell of a tricky run up to the turn of the year.

I back Gio and want him to do well, but he has come in at an utter shitter of a time for a new manager.

I suppose I am. After SG departed there is always a worry about who the next man will be. There is obviously still a concern that with the whole coaching team going it might take us a few games to reach peak. However, I feel we had stagnated a little this season so hopefully a change in leadership and new methods will freshen things up and drive us on to 56.

I would have been delighted with GvB before Gerrard was appointed and am just as delighted now.

Not really,

I was pretty content with where we were, I expect the management had a decent plan laid out to negate what is going to be a hell of a tricky run up to the turn of the year.

I back Gio and want him to do well, but he has come in at an utter shitter of a time for a new manager.
Do believe a lot of ex players, pundits etc would agree and say its a terrible time to be taking over, that would the view on motd, but i have to admit i completely disagree i would say its a fantastic time to get the job. If i was Gio having been in China and out of work a while id be delighted.

Could grab a treble, get through a few more rounds in europe, get CL money, all without really having to change very much(maybe Souttar signed up).

I think some posters underestimate the difference a new manager can make just by not being the last manager and i do not mean that to be in any way disrespectful to Gerrard. Just something that happens when the same guys been there quite a while.

Even if it does not work as well he can say well i need time to bring in my own players. Not going to happen though this side is about to hit some serious form.

Do believe a lot of ex players, pundits etc would agree and say its a terrible time to be taking over, that would the view on motd, but i have to admit i completely disagree i would say its a fantastic time to get the job. If i was Gio having been in China and out of work a while id be delighted.

Could grab a treble, get through a few more rounds in europe, get CL money, all without really having to change very much(maybe Souttar signed up).

I think some posters underestimate the difference a new manager can make just by not being the last manager and i do not mean that to be in any way disrespectful to Gerrard. Just something that happens when the same guys been there quite a while.

Even if it does not work as well he can say well i need time to bring in my own players. Not going to happen though this side is about to hit some serious form.

You rate Lyndon Dykes but eh.

I honestly thought we were going to win the league under the previous manager, now I hope we push on and the players grasp what’s in front of them. I want this league more than any previous one (but as you know that’s what being a Rangers fan is all about)

Not completely confident yet, okay with new manager, it is the team state of mind I am concerned with. Some may be a bit bitter and down tools.Others will want to show the boss "look at me, look at me" which is not bad but they may have the tendacy to stray from the game plan.Thus destroy the edge we may have .
I understand "Gio" will be in the stand. He has my every wish to succeed.

My confidence levels of us winning the league this season:

At the start: 95%
Before SG left: 90%
After SG left: 80%
After GVB appointed: 110%

Feeling really confident. We've been stagnating the past few weeks. Gio will give the squad the kick up the arse it needs.

No, just the same as before to be honest. I think we will still win the league mind you. I am however interested who Gio will be bringing in January since a couple will probably leave.

Back