Do you still have faith in Phil?

Will Phil get this right?

• Total voters

Slide Away

The manager came in and inherited a shambles. Managed to win a trophy and claw our way back in to the title race.

3 games against that mob have shown the same set up and the same issues.

Warning signs for me are the lack of any noticeable game plan (other than long ball) and zero tactical tweaks with like for like subs.

We’ve been decimated by injuries and he’s still working with players he probably doesn’t have on the long term plans but what’s the consensus?

Few concerns there for me but we need to back him with his own players.

Haven’t seen a huge change in style or tactics since he came in and I’m hoping that’s more a personnel issue than anything else.

Fully behind him with some minor concerns.

There was a very big thread about 12 months ago started by Empire saying the exact same about Beale.

As things stand Clement’s record is no better than Beale’s last season.
Well he won a trophy so that's bullshit.

I will concede though that he didn't have to beat Celtic to win that trophy. It would probably have turned out differently if we had to face them at Hampden. We owe McInnes one there.

Major alarm bells for me.

He's now done nothing Beale and Gio didn't do when they first took over, and he doesn't seem to understand the glaring midfield issue against them.

It's worrying.
The glaring midfield issue can't be easily resolved until the boss has been able to bring in players capable of doing what he wants from them.

I'm not going over the Sterling angle to this again either I've done that to death with people tonight.

Clement deserves the summer to show he has learned enough from his first season to understand what players he requires to handle the demands of Scottish football, especially these OF games.

If we don't give him a chance, when will we ever give a manager a chance again?

Think he deserves a chance as he has had limited options with poor buys in earlier market, players that are average at best and an injury list like none other

If he's backed, he'll succeed. That may mean he has to generate his own funds via sales but if that's what it takes then so be it. There may be pain for us as a support if popular players are sold, so we should be prepared for that.

Got to admit my preference for manager was Kevin Muscat when it was between him and Clement.

I wonder how we would be doing if Muscat did get the job. I guess we would at least be seeing a style of play that the manager wants his players to play.

The glaring midfield issue can't be easily resolved until the boss has been able to bring in players capable of doing what he wants from them.

I'm not going over the Sterling angle to this again either I've done that to death with people tonight.

Clement deserves the summer to show he has learned enough from his first season to understand what players he requires to handle the demands of Scottish football, especially these OF games.

If we don't give him a chance, when will we ever give a manager a chance again?
The squad we had available today was easily capable of playing in a different shape. Even the starting 11. But he went with the same 4-2-3-1 that's had us dominated in midfield the last 2 games against them. Nothing to do with getting his own players, he just stubbornly played the same way again and got the same outcome.

Major alarm bells for me.

He's now done nothing Beale and Gio didn't do when they first took over, and he doesn't seem to understand the glaring midfield issue against them.

It's worrying.
Let’s use this as an example - today what could he have done differently in the midfield ? Hindsight says Raskin for Lundstram but realistically that was unlikely

So what other choices did he have?

He’s playing with someone else’s team barring Diomande

Yes. He’s made mistakes, but not enough that alarm bells are ringing. This squad is rotten, he did well getting what he got from it for 4 months.

I have 100% full faith in the manager.

This guy is the only one to show some balls and drop Goldson.

I have no doubt our recent mental collapse and the shitebag behaviour from some against the scum will result in him ending careers, something Gio and Beale didn’t have the balls to do.

The reality is, this squad is shite, he isn’t a magician like he told us from day 1 and he had them overperforming between October and March.

In Big Phil I trust.

The manager came in and inherited a shambles. Managed to win a trophy and claw our way back in to the title race.

3 games against that mob have shown the same set up and the same issues.

Warning signs for me are the lack of any noticeable game plan (other than long ball) and zero tactical tweaks with like for like subs.

We’ve been decimated by injuries and he’s still working with players he probably doesn’t have on the long term plans but what’s the consensus?

Few concerns there for me but we need to back him with his own players.
Can we actually afford to let a guy who doesn’t seem to understand the importance of an old firm game, the opportunity to rebuild our squad. Honestly I would say no. Speak to Monaco fans he’s had his purple patch.

There absolutely no justification for wanting him gone.

Dragged a shite team to a cup and cup final and gave them a challenge that ultimately failed because the players he has been given aren't very good.

Some wrong decisions but you don't sack managers for making a wrong sub or starting line up when in reality he is doing a brilliant job considering what he walked into.

When the tims are calling him the baldy Beale then you’ve got to wonder. Big red flags starting to appear for me now.
The tims had a nickname for Gerrard as well and he crushed all their dreams and pissed all over them.

What they call him is irrelevant and he deserves a summer window at the very least. The team has no doubt fùcked it but the league would have been over with 8 games to go had Beale remained in post rather than with two games to go. Progress has been made even though it's ultimately ended up in disappointment. Beale wouldn't have got us to this point.

I want the club to fully back him and that begins by getting rid of the perpetual losers who don’t understand us or the fight required.

Yes, he picked us up off the floor and took us to a point where we could have went top of the league gonig into today's game and that with a squad that is littered with injuries and needs broken up.

Yes, there are player selections and formations that I question but I want to see him backed when he decides what players leave and on his pick of players to come in during the close season.

Last edited:
Yes simply because he can’t be judged on not winning the title with that squad of players. He somehow managed to grab them by the throat until they done the usual bottle job.

He’s got a big decision to make about senior players however. We need a freshness and that has to start with removing Tavernier from the club IMO, who cares if he’s in his testimonial year, we need zero sentiment to cloud our judgements. There are better RBs out there and his lack of success as captain is a massive weight around his neck now. We also have to change our play to stop relying on a RB to score our goals. We need change. I think Goldsons injury coupled with his wages means we’ll struggle to move him on now unfortunately. Today better be the last we see of Lundstram.

There also has to be a complete gut out of the squad, guys like Lawrence and Cantwell aren’t offering nearly enough for the money they are on, and that’s before we get onto moving on the obvious ones like Davies, Lammers, Hagi and Dessers

Big job he’s got on his hands

They bastards should never be allowed to catch us on trophies. That is now a real worry. If we don’t turn this around and restore natural order then I think we’ll be playing catch up for years to come.
Is Phil the man? I wasn’t keen at the start and the jury is still out as far as I’m concerned. They do 55 next year then he has to go. The major issue is will he get the backing? I’ll predict no to that.

Back