Do you still have faith in Phil?

Will Phil get this right?

• Total voters
He needs to be given more time but I'm struggling to think of any positives to believe he will get it right.
1. No style of play
2. Doesn't believe in a midfield
3. Not willing to learn from mistakes
4. Some strange comments in interviews recently
5. Appears to have favourites
6. Strange team selections and subs
Are what have me having doubts.

The positives are that he got us back in the title race but when broken down that was not by beating them which is when it really mattered.
I felt at first he was going to be really tough on all the players with Cantwell being hooked in the European game being an example but as I said he appears to have favourites which never sits well with me.

Because there was no other option with the mess of a squad he inherited. Judge him on next season

Keep hearing this but we have Raskin, his last cameos against Hearts and the Tims have been ok.

If Goldson can be dropped and even Davies is back in the team. At this point we have nothing to lose by playing Raskin.

The squad we had available today was easily capable of playing in a different shape. Even the starting 11. But he went with the same 4-2-3-1 that's had us dominated in midfield the last 2 games against them. Nothing to do with getting his own players, he just stubbornly played the same way again and got the same outcome.
Set them up in a different shape and you're still getting the same level of player because they've demonstrated consistently for several years now that they're inferior to what celtic can put on the pitch.

Give the bloke time and backing to mould his own squad. Or be happy to start from scratch again with a new manager who won't likely have any greater a pedigree than Clement.

The manager came in and inherited a shambles. Managed to win a trophy and claw our way back in to the title race.

3 games against that mob have shown the same set up and the same issues.

Warning signs for me are the lack of any noticeable game plan (other than long ball) and zero tactical tweaks with like for like subs.

We’ve been decimated by injuries and he’s still working with players he probably doesn’t have on the long term plans but what’s the consensus?

Few concerns there for me but we need to back him with his own players.
This for me last week v Kilmarnock. Balogun injured and straight swap for Davies in a game we had to win and realistically by a number of goals. They had Vassell only upfront and he was hardly staying up there.

The tims had a nickname for Gerrard as well and he crushed all their dreams and pissed all over them.

Celtic won treble upon treble during our time under Gerrard. I know they often do, but it's worth remembering they still did under Stevie.

Let’s use this as an example - today what could he have done differently in the midfield ? Hindsight says Raskin for Lundstram but realistically that was unlikely

So what other choices did he have?

He’s playing with someone else’s team barring Diomande
Could and should have played 3 in midfield.

Even more alarming than that was his decision to start the second half with Lawrence as part of a midfield 2 that were going to get a chasing. Absolute madness.

There was a very big thread about 12 months ago started by Empire saying the exact same about Beale.

As things stand Clement’s record is no better than Beale’s last season.
Beale had better players to call on

A manager with the amount of injuries we have had will always struggle, even if those players are better on paper than our oppositions, so many individual components that impact it

Diomande and Cortes look like good players, more like them and keeping players we do have fit and we will be fine, tbh.

Some on here saying no confidence what are you actually expecting. Will we just continue to hire and fire managers every year and pay them and the back room team off at 5 /6 mil a pop.
We need to back managers and give them time.

Celtic won treble upon treble during our time under Gerrard. I know they often do, but it's worth remembering they still did under Stevie.
They only wanted one thing though mate, his name was Terry Munro and Gerrard ended that little dream.

No, I'm that scunnered with us that I have no faith or optimism in anyone at the club getting it right sadly.

This is where I am. Fucked off with the whole thing, 12 of the last 13 years we’ve had to endure that mob lording it up and hoovering up cash while we fork out a small fortune for half arsed performances when it matters and disappointment after disappointment.

Looking forward to a few weeks off if I’m being honest

Let’s use this as an example - today what could he have done differently in the midfield ? Hindsight says Raskin for Lundstram but realistically that was unlikely

So what other choices did he have?

He’s playing with someone else’s team barring Diomande
Quite simple and basic mate. Sterling in the middle with Lundstram and Diomande in a 3 man midfield, matching up with them. 4-3-2-1 or 4-3-1-2. Simple change of shape. But he's gone with the 4-2-3-1 again, for the THIRD time, and he's got 1 point out of 9 thanks to an injury time equaliser at home. They've got 7 points out of the 9 and it's won them the title.

Yes, but like the club, he needs to speak up against the cheating in this country.
Come on bud, that’s not the only reason we’re losing.

He did well at first, effectively the proverbial new manager bounce, just like Beale last season, but when push has come to shove in the big games against them, or when he’s been asked to pick the players up after confidence has dipped, he’s looked abjectly unable to do so.

He’ll get the benefit of the doubt because the support have convinced themselves we’re riddled with serial losers, but there’s genuine concerns there that he’s just another guy who talks the talk but no more.

If he sticks with the core group of perennial losers, including the “senior leadership” group then he’s onto absolutely nothing next year. The fact he was actively wanting Lundstrum to sign a new deal was an alarm bell when he’s genuinely been hopeless for months. He may indeed get to bring in his own players but that aside his tactics and team selections at times have been baffling. You don’t make it long as a rangers manager without being able to beat Celtic, lose the cup final and pressure is on without a ball even being kicked next season. Time will tell. But I feel we’ve went down this road before with other managers

He needs to show me he’s absolutely ruthless with the shite in our squad, rid of Goldson, Lundstrum, Lawrence etc etc and replace them
with winners.

There was a very big thread about 12 months ago started by Empire saying the exact same about Beale.

What do you expect with a team of cowards ?

He took us from 8 points behind at one point to a title race which the players shat it once again.

Clement can only play with the hand he’s been dealt.

That he is still a leader in this group and we shouldn't forget what he has done over his time here

Backing losers like him will end up like previous two managers. He needs to bin them

Leader in the group? Sauntering around letting his man run off him time and time again today. Then completely selling the jerseys with a reckless challenge.

JL is miles off what we need. A monumental waste of wages.

Unsure tbh.

Team selection wrong again, another slow start, persisting with players who have been under performing, a horrible style of football, poor in play decision making.

We’ve been abysmal since the Motherwell defeat and whilst that slide is not solely on Philippe Clement, he’s been part of the problem.

He simply has to be ruthless in the summer and that means saying goodbye to the perennial losers who have held this club back for too long.

A lot of work required if he’s to create the best technical team, tactical team, physical team and mental team.

Quite simple and basic mate. Sterling in the middle with Lundstram and Diomande in a 3 man midfield, matching up with them. Simple change of shape. But he's gone with the 4-2-3-1 again, for the third time, and he's got 1 point out of 12 thanks to an injury time equaliser at home.

Hypothetical of course but say we did that today and still lose. Does the manager get the same stick or do we concentrate the anger on the players

Took over when we were seven points behind. With two games to go, we’re six behind.

The league is where a Rangers manager is judged, just look what happened with Gio.

I’m giving him the benefit just now, but I do have some doubts.

He's been lumped with injured players, shite players we overpaid for, strikers that can't score consistently, zero first team wingers, a number of players with their foot already out the door, "leaders" that have been here too long and look tired and done, some fuckin mercenaries and youth fringe players.

We'd have easily been fuckin third place had we stuck with that fuckin used car salesman that got us in the mess that PC helped claw us out of.

These players would get Pep the sack.

Major alarm bells for me.

He's now done nothing Beale and Gio didn't do when they first took over, and he doesn't seem to understand the glaring midfield issue against them.

It's worrying.
I think he’s tried to fix midfield issue against them and it’s players who failed to do it , first scum hut game Cantwell was clearly told to press McGregor and he failed to do it, probably why he didn’t play today , and today Lawrence never done it and lundstrum was a disgrace

We were missing 7 first team starters today. We also don't have the players to play in the system he prefers. Let's judge him on next season after hopefully being backed in the window.

Yes.

He has a track record of success and has got us into a position none of us thought possible when he took over.

These players are the issue and have chucked it time and time again. Their failure to get over the line again this season is sadly not a massive shock.

We must allow this manager the opportunity to get rid of the perpetual losers and build his own team.

Binning another manager and handing another man this bunch of serial bottle merchants will not result in sudden success and the ability for these players to deal with the pressure of playing for us.

100% behind him. Disappointed he hasn’t won the league but The shitshow he inherited and injuries since then has came back to bite him.
As good as his goal stats are I’d be getting rid of our captain on the field of play as a defender before I’d question the manager.

Then if Clement spends 15m of Belgium/French/Dutch players or South American players that the good old WhatsApp rumours say then he’ll. scout of a job by the auntum.

Then we start again. This mess just keeps going year after year.

He played the hand he was dealt and was able to improve a few players who had been struggling....Sterling, Ridvan and Dessers.
He brought in Diomande who I think will get better and Cortes who showed promise.

Give him a summer transfer window and see what else he can improve.

For me this isn't even a discussion. The guy came in and Inherited a team going nowhere. A couple of his own signings in a January window, that's it.

Over turned a hefty deficit in the league
Won the league cup
Topped our Europa group (thanks to a phenomenal away performance at betis)
Scottish cup final

All with a group of players that have outlasted multiple managers. The reason it's fallen apart is player mentality, some of these guys should be nowhere near our club to begin with or they have ran their course.

Until the manager has had a full preseason and summer window with the opportunity to move a chunk of the squad on can we really judge on the level the question that's being asked.

What’s it going to take for this board to get things right on the pitch? Or will it take hiring someone to take down the signage that’s says “the worlds most successful club” before it sinks in?

I'm in the Some Alarms Bells Running camp. Same tactics, style of play and basically the same line-up starting against them, hopefully he'll surprise us for the cup final.

Absurd this is even a question.

We have been dealing with a massive amount of injuries almost since he got the job, we are currently down our three best wingers, our best striker needs five quality chances before he puts one away, the midfield is balanced horrendously where square pegs are trying to be forced into round holes and a badly ageing defence where two of our most reliable players over the years have shown all the signs of players who have hit the wall and are declining rapidly. Clement's job this season is like making a boxer fight with his hands tied behind his back and his only option is to try and headbutt the opponent. It's taken until the 10th round but eventually all the problems have overwhelmed him but he still managed to win the league cup and have the chance to make that a double.

When Clement took over Genk, it's not like he immediately had them firing. He won less than half of his league matches after he took over mid-season but then won the league the next season, and the next two for that matter once he moved to Brugge.

He needs time. Nils Koppen seems to cast a far wider net than we have been doing for years so we won't be shopping in just a few markets anymore like a football manager player who only loads five leagues. He also needs backed, but i trust him to get this right. This isn't some novice, there's no danger of him doing what Beale did in the summer. He's proven he can win league titles.

Too many journeymen in the team.We should have played Raskin dio and Sterling in that midfield today from the start.Hopefully gets his own players in and gets rid of the players taking thousands of pounds and not producing anything.

This is where I am. Fucked off with the whole thing, 12 of the last 13 years we’ve had to endure that mob lording it up and hoovering up cash while we fork out a small fortune for half arsed performances when it matters and disappointment after disappointment.

Looking forward to a few weeks off if I’m being honest
Close season can't come quick enough now. Cup Final will be another shit show against them no doubt. Cheap goals, basic mistakes, dodgy refereeing decisions. Scunnered with the whole thing.

Regardless of what happens in the Cup Final, Clement will be backed in the summer, and he will get the chance to prove himself next season. As it should be IMO.

Will it work out? I have no idea.

I think he’s tried to fix midfield issue against them and it’s players who failed to do it , first scum hut game Cantwell was clearly told to press McGregor and he failed to do it, probably why he didn’t play today , and today Lawrence never done it and lundstrum was a disgrace
Lawrence did nothing at Ibrox against them either, except cost us the Dessers goal.

A blind man could see we needed to change from the 4-2-3-1 today. Extremely worrying that he didn't.

What’s it going to take for this board to get things right on the pitch? Or will it take hiring someone to take down the signage that’s says “the worlds most successful club” before it sinks in?
That’s my fear. I never thought those cunts would ever overtake us as the world’s most successful club but they’re closing in on it.

Back