Do you still have faith in Phil?

Will Phil get this right?

• Total voters
He’s starting to make a lot of the same mistakes as his predecessors that got the sack for said mistakes.

If he starts Lundstram (and a couple of other wasters he has a blind spot for) in the cup final I’ll begin to lose faith in him.

He’s had three cracks at the filth now and we’ve been 2-0 down in the first 50 minutes in all of them, yet he refuses to learn any lessons.

A yellow? Are you mental?

I've seen worse against us in just the last few weeks against McCausland at Ibrox.

Was that not a red card. ?

I've also see worst from them at the piggery the last time when already on a yellow and elbowing Sima in the face.

Was that not a red card. ?

Alarm bells for me. He's made some right-honking decisions lately. The style of play concerns me as well.

But he has to be given a chance with what would be "his team" next season.

He’s starting to make a lot of the same mistakes as his predecessors that got the sack for said mistakes.

If he starts Lundstram (and a couple of other wasters he has a blind spot for) in the cup final I’ll begin to lose faith in him.

He’s had three cracks at the filth now and we’ve been 2-0 down in the first 50 minutes in all of them, yet he refuses to learn any lessons.
Most of the mistakes were playing the same clowns.his hands are tied in that regard

He has stuck by his so called leaders in the squad failure after failure, like the managers before him and it's likely the outcome will be the same.

Alarm bells for me because he doesn’t seem to learn from mistakes. Picks the wrong team in a lot of games then attempts to fix it too late. Obvious problems are never fixed in game until the damage is done. Like the “shooting practice’ we kept allowing them in that first half. No tweaking the system just wait on the inevitable result of a goal conceded.

He does not seem to have a good overview of the way a game is progressing and therefore is not proactive from a tactical adjustment standpoint. Also he has got it wrong a lot recently when it really mattered.

Most of the mistakes were playing the same clowns.his hands are tied in that regard

He doesn’t have many options but he still has better choices available than the ones he’s making.

Having the balls to drop the guy that just about single handedly threw the game away for us would be a start, and he has the options there to do it.

Lawrence was also absolutely horrendous in the last OF and has been generally horrendous for months now yet he chooses to play him.

As I said, he isn’t learning his lessons and it resulted in our midfield getting steamrolled again today when it could have been avoided.

The tims had a nickname for Gerrard as well and he crushed all their dreams and pissed all over them.

What they call him is irrelevant and he deserves a summer window at the very least. The team has no doubt fùcked it but the league would have been over with 8 games to go had Beale remained in post rather than with two games to go. Progress has been made even though it's ultimately ended up in disappointment. Beale wouldn't have got us to this point.
What progress has been made, because I dont see it tbh, we are not a very good team, our football is shyte, and we have no recognised style of play, we play at a pedestrian pace, the way we play could be seen on public parks all over the country, a big punt up the park hoping we can get on the end of it, lose it start again with another punt up the park, its dire, but its out managers blueprint it would seem.

If you have to manage a team with a losers mentality then you're gonna lose. We have too many of them and too many of them have been here too long.

He doesn’t need to keep playing the biggest culprits for that loser mentality yet he is opting to do so.

Yes but he has some ruthless decisions to make.

Today should be a watershed, and a few people should be informed tomorrow to find a new club.

Has my full support to get it done.

Part of me can't believe this is even up for debate, the other part of me is surprised it has taken as long. It's a nonsense. 3, maybe 4, of the starting 11 from today are likely to start or even be here next year. We've played almost a month with no natural wingers and Wright and McCausland as the back up off the bench when we need goals neither of whom are known for. Yilmaz being injured caused us almost as many issues as Sima, Cortes and Matondo being out did. Now, after today we are down to one fit centre back. We've been forced to play players who are out of contract shortly. It's been a shitshow for months yet he's still kept us in the race until today. He gets minimum the full season next season and a chance to not only build his own team but an entire squad.
Thank goodness somebody has finally injected some sense and realism into the debate! We really can't judge how successful Clement will ultimately be based upon what's happened over the last 7 months given both the squad he inherited and the unprecedented injury issues we have had to deal with. I think the fact that he's kept our season alive until the last three weekends, when we still had a chance of completing a treble, entitles him to be given the opportunity to build and shape his team, going forward.

I agree some selections and tactical decisions invite criticism but I wonder where we'd be if we hadn't suffered the long term injuries that limited the involvement of Danilo, Sima, Yilmaz, Cortes, and Matondo. Sima's injury during the AFCON tournament in January, when he'd been flying in the first half of the season, was a cruel blow but even then, bringing in Cortes looked to have strengthened our forward options only for he, too, to be ruled out for the remainder of the season.

The manager, as a former central defender capped by Belgium, must surely have recognised that this is an area of the team that needs a dominant stopper with pace, power, and strength while we need a midfield play-maker to replace the badly missed Steven Davis. He also needs to deploy Dujon Sterling in midfield as our principal ball-winner although I suspect he played him on the right today to supplement Tavernier and help nullify the threat from Maeda. That didn't work and it weakened our midfield.

I'm gutted , but will be following on again next season . Need to give The manager a chance with his own team .

I'm in the 'unsure' camp.

His tactics leave a lot to be desired in truth, and some of our performances of late have been turgid.

We are only in this position because of him. When he came in we were nowhere near putting in a challenge, we all thought we see this season out and start again next season. He got this squad to within touching distance and they did what they’ve done before by bottling it. I will lose faith if he’s not ruthless in the summer transfer window, too many have been here too long, so we sack the manger but not the players who would get yet another manager sacked!

100% faith in him.

He’ll lead us to glory next season.
Based on what? I think he is capable but he is not deserving of 100% faith or anywhere near it. I might have more faith when he can actually figure out how to beat that mob. The performance at Ibrox concerned me an was only reinforced today.
I would say the jury is out. It wouldn't take much to be better than Beale.

A penalty that never was today, thankfully saved, and a red card for an incident at most a yellow every other week.

What else would you call it from Collum, incompetence. ?
That was a red card, mate.

He’s aggressive, straight leg, studs showing, and catches him flush above the ankle.

One of them did that to one of ours, we’d be screaming for a red.

He doesn’t have many options but he still has better choices available than the ones he’s making.

Having the balls to drop the guy that just about single handedly threw the game away for us would be a start, and he has the options there to do it.

Lawrence was also absolutely horrendous in the last OF and has been generally horrendous for months now yet he chooses to play him.

As I said, he isn’t learning his lessons and it resulted in our midfield getting steamrolled again today when it could have been avoided.
Your first point mate I really struggle to see what they are. It's a case of swapping one heartless shitebag for another. Clement cant win.

100% right about Lundstrum... but this is an inherited squad... I think the gaffer learned the dynamic of the dressing room and pished with the cock he had in that regard too in terms of "trusted" players.

As for Lawrence... who's better? Cantwell? He's equally as shite IMO.

There are no midfielders in that squad capable of matching celtic's, thats the sad reality

Is it his fault that he cant play his best team? Our injuries are shocking. Hes doing this with 1 hand tied behind his back.
He has came out and said they discovered an issue resulting in as many injuries, but couldn't solve it "right now" so... we should expect a better conditioned squad after the summer.

That was a red card, mate.

He’s aggressive, straight leg, studs showing, and catches him flush above the ankle.

One of them did that to one of ours, we’d be screaming for a red.

Questionable whether we'd get it though, in fact I don't think we would.

Can only judge a manager after 2 transfer windows.

Don't want to end up like Man Utd n have a mish mash of players bought by different managers that dont suit the style of play of the current manager.

Also think Beales lack of a proper pre-season done us this season.

Clements done his best with what he's been dealt

He has came out and said they discovered an issue resulting in as many injuries, but couldn't solve it "right now" so... we should expect a better conditioned squad after the summer.
we went to the piggery today with 7 players at least that would have started if fit. Its a shambles our sqaud

Will all depend on what he sees as his going forward side, if he continues with the " favourites" regardless of display then should be gone

Yes, he gets my backing. He gets next season, and rightly so.
100% he gets two windows at least. Ffs there are too many of our fans turning on him. Motherwell game really fucked us. We looked tired and never seemed to recover. Yes , we need change but not the manager. He will
get it right. We just need to support the team no matter how good bad or indifferent we play instead of moaning about every thing.

We are all hurting as we all thought it was there to take but sadly it wasn’t to be but let’s stop blaming Phil.

Our recruitment is key, I have no doubt we get that right we will all be celebrating next season with Phil in charge.

If we start the season without a massive overhaul of the squad, we won’t need to worry they will get him the sack by Xmas.

Is this thread for real. Just seen header. FFS. Gimme peace OP. What the funk do you want PC to do. Part the fekkin red sea with brother Moses.

No faith in him. The Belgian Warburton. Has one formation and if it doesn’t work he doesn’t know what to do.

100% he gets two windows at least. Ffs there are too many of our fans turning on him. Motherwell game really fucked us. We looked tired and never seemed to recover. Yes , we need change but not the manager. He will
get it right. We just need to support the team no matter how good bad or indifferent we play instead of moaning about every thing.

We are all hurting as we all thought it was there to take but sadly it wasn’t to be but let’s stop blaming Phil.

Our recruitment is key, I have no doubt we get that right we will all be celebrating next season with Phil in charge.

I’m not sure there are loads of fans turning in him - just the usual bunch if posters on here

Back