Do you think we are working on any incomings?

Budd Sidewinder

Gerrard and Mcallister have said from the start there wont be any business incoming, but there seemed to be a wry smile on Gary's face in the last press conference when he was asked about it.

The party line has always been Rangers are always looking. Could the dropped points at the weekend perhaps be a catalyst for something to be done before Friday?

The pessimist in me doesn’t think we will. Too late in the day, and who would we conceivably bring in without offloading first?

Hope to be proven wrong.

No confidence that there will be any in comings and if there is would question the planning and prep that has went in to the recruitment of them

Garry Mac never actually ruled it out in his press conference yesterday, he said we are always looking for players

Think we might have spent any planned funds for January on the last minute Kent deal.

Not having a 3rd striker for times when Alfie is unavailable is really killing us though. You cant fault wee Defoe or his tally but sometimes, especially away from home we dont seem to be able to bring him into the game. The types of games we need a lad we can get the ball up to and he can bring it down or win possession. We lack a threat from our wide boys like Borna and Tav not having a great target to hit in the box with a high ball as well. Its worse if your behind and chasing a goal and trying to get the ball forward as quickly as possible.

Our style really depends on the fact Morelos is an all in one striker. He can finish, hes strong and he can even pick up possession and take a man on himself. Dreading him moving on because the type of player he is and what he brings to the team is almost irreplaceable.

We need a winger, a CM presence and a target man. Leaving it late but i reckon we will get a few in

We need a striker and an attacking midfielder.
Id settle for one or the other but not feeling confident

We’ve probably been keeping one eye on the market but are are only stepping things up now given events of the last couple of weeks. I would guess it’s 50/50 if anybody comes in and if so it will be cover, not a game changer

Gerrard has never ruled out signings this window. He has just continually said it would be a quiet window in regards to signings. 1 new signing would be a quiet window by our standards.

Would doubt there's an imminent signing but sometimes opportunities present themselves right at the end of the window.

I think there will be.

you don’t get rid of the numbers we have without bolstering the squad. We have been cutting wages to bring someone else in, I just think it will be a deadline day signing or two

I got the impression Gary Mc knew the press were hunting for a headline and was trying to be diplomatic in his answers. Of course we are always looking, every club is always looking, there is always a better player out there, or a rising star.

Yes, they will be working on bringing in players (this will be a continuous activity anyway). However, it is a bit like playing cards, you don’t want others knowing what your intentions are, for a number of reasons. It would have to be the right player at the right price. We will just have to wait and see.

I don't think there will be anything exciting happening. Hope I'm wrong. We need 2 or 3 in (who can challenge our best 11 (so with a bit of quality)

I think the fact we have been matching the beasts has maybe saw us relax a little for this window.

I'm hoping for a couple as we really need another quality striker and goal threat midfielder.

Hopefully we've been working away in the background to keep anyone from gazumping us.

With injuries beginning to effect our squad, and recent evidence of a lack of strength in depth - I would not be surprised at all if we brought in a couple of EPL fringe players on loan. There is some serious talent down there and I am sure the pull of working with Gerrard will help. A new Midfielder and Striker would be my guess.

I think we are. Quietly.
The fact the gaffer was absent yesterday makes me think he might have been in contact with players/agents.

Would love to think we're waiting until the very last minute to bring in a couple of big signings giving the scum no chance to react.

But I suspect we're going to try and make do given the outlay in the summer. Which is disappointing but understandable.

I would like to think we can get at least 1 in but we are cutting it fine.

Back