Do you think we'll sign a couple of midfielders in January?

I genuinely can't comprehend why we've spent next to nothing bon midfield in what is now going on 4 years. We NEED to pay for quality in January
Couldnt agree more with this. The lack of quality, skill and energy in the midfield is absolutely killing us.

It offers almost zero protection for the back line and isn't creating anything at all for the forwards.

It needs to be addressed urgently. If the club beleive this Raskin fella is a potential 1st pick in there then they need to get the finger out and sign him January 1st. He's ooc in the summer so there must be a deal to be done there at a relatively low number.

Last edited:
Could agree more with this. The lack of quality, skill and energy in the midfield is absolutely killing us.

It offers almost zero protection for the back line and isn't creating anything at all for the forwards.

It needs to be addressed urgently. If the club beleive this Raskin fella is a potential 1st pick in there then they need to get the finger out and sign him January 1st. He's ooc in the summer so there must be a deal to be done there at a relatively low number.

Your second paragraph is a very underrated point imo.

We need to re create that solid base to attack from, and to defend.

Never mind a team of Emma Dodds we have a team of midfielders

Lundstram

Jack Sands Kamara Arfield

Davis McCann Tillman

Lowry Lawrence Hagi

Sub Ofoborh

We are still trying to reverse our previous managements approach of quantity over quality. We are signing no one of significance till our bloated squad is reduced and wages freed up.

If letting Kamara go for a reasonable offer in January and letting Davis, Jack & Arfield leave when their contracts expire mean getting Raskin and Evander (or equivalent) in then it's very good business for us. Our midfield is too slow, ponderous, stale and doesn't have enough attacking intent in it. It's one area of the pitch that badly needs a revamp.

No very much doubt it. The January window is notoriously difficult, plus we will hopefully have Lawrence and Hagi back.

I would be pleasantly surprised if we see any new arrivals.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Kamara go not sure what we are going to get for him though and a loan or a bosman signed and brought in early.

The same old shite will get trotted out about no value for money in January and I don’t expect us to spend much money at all.

Lewis Ferguson on loan really wouldn’t surprise me either.

I can't see us bringing in anyone of significance unless someone heads out the door, probably Glen. Although I think H&H mentioned the other week that the Nice deadline day bid was rumoured to be around £3.5m so can see why the club knocked it back. Anything over £7m may see him leave.

We need a big victor wanyama type player in the middle who can go box to box . Right now all our midfielders expect Lawrence get a nose bleed over the halfway line

assume if Kamara goes we will replace him - the problem being as alluded to Jan window is notoriously hard to get players in and we certainly need a player that we don't have at the moment a "real number 8" so to speak.

I don’t think we will, not with Kamara, Tillman and Sands still on the books. Even if we did, Gio will continue with the old guard anyway, signings would be left on the bench to settle in for a few months.

Could agree more with this. The lack of quality, skill and energy in the midfield is absolutely killing us.

To me, the signing on fees for Aribo and Lundstrum don't count, along with the 50k for Kamara (he was coming in regardless).
You take that away, and it's zero pounds and zero pence on the mist important part of the team

At this rate I'm talking Hagi up as being the second coming of Xavi just to follow the "he will be like a new signing" vibe.

That will last about 15mins into his return at RW and then I'll be raging again..

If letting Kamara go for a reasonable offer in January and letting Davis, Jack & Arfield leave when their contracts expire mean getting Raskin and Evander (or equivalent) in then it's very good business for us. Our midfield is too slow, ponderous, stale and doesn't have enough attacking intent in it. It's one area of the pitch that badly needs a revamp.
I suspect these two will be kept on due to the home grown quota, rightly or wrongly.

I really hope so as our midfield line up doesn't inspire confidence that we will dictate play and create chances the other worry for me is celtic will make a signing or two that will improve them further while we stand still as usual .

Unless you get lucky with someone going out of contract in the summer ( like when we got Kamara) you simply do not get quality in January if you do not have cash to splash. At best you get someone out of favour because of attitude or injury record and frankly we should not be taking that risk (again).

Get the feeling this is a coffer-filling season with money being prioritized on other things, such as debt . I think like most on here Kamara may go. Largely will depend on if we are still neck and neck with the filth and playing consistently well

Never mind a team of Emma Dodds we have a team of midfielders

Lundstram

Jack Sands Kamara Arfield

Davis McCann Tillman

Lowry Lawrence Hagi

Sub Ofoborh

We are still trying to reverse our previous managements approach of quantity over quality. We are signing no one of significance till our bloated squad is reduced and wages freed up.

Ofoborh apart, which players brought in by the previous manager would you deem to be contributing to our bloated squad currently?

According to my mate who has been right on occasions before we seemingly have a verbal deal agreed with raskin who we were going to buy in the summer if we sold kamata. He's out of contract in the summer and it seemed both us and him were happy to wait till the summer to sign him or even tried to get a cut price deal in January.. Then kamata rumours started so the club weren't happy for to how much more expensive her would become but he was the number 1 target regardless

Free transfers. The point is we’ve spent virtually zero on midfielders in the last 6 windows. Sense enough?
U didn’t say spend money u said sign midfielders so aye talk sense at least as youv been made to look a mug by many a posters for your comment

Probably shoulda naw said anything rather than a silly comment eh

Ofoborh apart, which players brought in by the previous manager would you deem to be contributing to our bloated squad currently?

Do you think we need 12 midfielders.

You could argue our wide men Kent, Matondo, Wright could also be classed as midfield if we ever went 4-4-2

Using a comparison simply because of the European Finals In the 2007/08 season we played 68 games and used just over 30 players, last season we played 65 games but used nearly 40 players.

We have gone quantity over quality from Gerrard’s first season

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Kamara go not sure what we are going to get for him though and a loan or a bosman signed and brought in early.

The same old shite will get trotted out about no value for money in January and I don’t expect us to spend much money at all.

Lewis Ferguson on loan really wouldn’t surprise me either.

Sincerely hope not .

Do you think we need 12 midfielders.

You could argue our wide men Kent, Matondo, Wright could also be classed as midfield if we ever went 4-4-2

Using a comparison simply because of the European Finals In the 2007/08 season we played 68 games and used just over 30 players, last season we played 65 games but used nearly 40 players.

We have gone quantity over quality from Gerrard’s first season

Right, but you named 12 midfielders - two of which are from the youth academy and 3 of which were signed by the current management team.

Kamara is a goner and it's likely 2 out of Jack, Davis and Arfield will leave come the summer, too. In January I reckon it will be a case of one in one out with Kamara.

Right, but you named 12 midfielders - two of which are from the youth academy and 3 of which were signed by the current management team.

Kamara is a goner and it's likely 2 out of Jack, Davis and Arfield will leave come the summer, too. In January I reckon it will be a case of one in one out with Kamara.

What happened to his Summer move - did the buying team pull out, we demanded too much…?

It seemed as though GK was on his way.

Nope. The same reasons that stopped us in the summer will stop us in January;
This board and cold hard cash.

We could feasibly be looking at throwing our next tranche of cash at Sands / Tillman and enhanced packages for Kent and Morelos.

That’s how I see it PB, however we really do need new dynamism & energy.

Yes, Tillman could improve, Lowry & Lawrence might be back from injury too, but I think the CORE of the team concerns me.

I can't see us bringing in anyone of significance unless someone heads out the door, probably Glen. Although I think H&H mentioned the other week that the Nice deadline day bid was rumoured to be around £3.5m so can see why the club knocked it back. Anything over £7m may see him leave.
Nobody is paying over 7m quid for Glenda Kamara as things stand, buddy.

You've just said Nice bid 3.5m for him in the summer which was takes into consideration the fact he just played a europa final. He has since been bombed from the first team and can't get a start.

Why would any club come in and double the last recorded offer??

The club will need to take what we can get for him and move on bc he clearly doesn't want to be here and the manager doesn't rate him.

No.

And if we do then they'll either be injured or a squad filler. Or both.

I’m a great fan of Lowry and would like to see him get a good run of games this season. He has a good football intelligence coupled with a good level of technical ability…something very rare in Scottish players. If we can secure the boy Raskin from Belgium in January I would be happy.

with Kent and Morelos contracts in the final year we will need to punt them or let them go for nothing so need replacements if they are leaving.

I’m a great fan of Lowry and would like to see him get a good run of games this season. He has a good football intelligence coupled with a good level of technical ability…something very rare in Scottish players. If we can secure the boy Raskin from Belgium in January I would be happy.
hopefully Gio gives him more game time when he comes back from injury as he is a great prospect

Back