Docherty and McCrorie

Bordeaux

this could be the core of our midfield sorted for the next 10 years. Both have energy, can tackle, good passers of the ball, abundance of dig and bravery and will improve further. Once they have settled I can't see any midfields in Scotland dominate this pair and I for one can't wait to see them put Lego in his place.

I can't see McCrorie's long term position being anything other than centre half.
As our team continues to improve I can see us getting away with McCrorie in a Bougherra style centre back role wher he steps out of defence

I can't see McCrorie's long term position being anything other than centre half.

I thought the lad looked good at centre half however I think he's been different class in the holding midfield role, really surprised me how good a passer he was when pushed into that role. All about opinions but I think he would serve us better in midfield.

I thought the lad looked good at centre half however I think he's been different class in the holding midfield role, really surprised me how good a passer he was when pushed into that role. All about opinions but I think he would serve us better in midfield.
I'd say the exact opposite. I think he looks like a cracking centre half. But, with a couple of exceptions where he was excellent in midfield, I think he has looked perfectly decent in midfield but not all that much more than that. I also think it is much easier to find good central midfielders than it is good centre halves (indeed I think we are the embodiment of that at the moment with Docherty, Goss, Dorrans and Jack etc. on the books). As you say, all about opinions.

I'd say the exact opposite. I think he looks like a cracking centre half. But, with a couple of exceptions where he was excellent in midfield, I think he has looked perfectly decent in midfield but not all that much more than that. I also think it is much easier to find good central midfielders than it is good centre halves (indeed I think we are the embodiment of that at the moment with Docherty, Goss, Dorrans and Jack etc. on the books). As you say, all about opinions.

A good problem to have, one thing for sure is that we have a talent on our hands and a future Rangers captain.

Reactions: ald
Competition is healthy for the team......as long as the players fighting for their place aren't petulant and huffy.

this could be the core of our midfield sorted for the next 10 years. Both have energy, can tackle, good passers of the ball, abundance of dig and bravery and will improve further. Once they have settled I can't see any midfields in Scotland dominate this pair and I for one can't wait to see them put Lego in his place.

Those 2 will dominate games. I await with great anticipation them pairing up in our midfield. Get fit again soon Ross.

Slowly but surely we're getting there.
Some fantastic young players starting to do the business on the park.
The futures looking bright.
WATP

Was thinking today, injury’s apart how does McRorie who is a must to start getting back in that team. Only for Bates unless things change. No way can you change that midfield. Windass was honking today but he gets in great positions and should have had a few goals today.

Back