Docherty Next Season (If Arfield Goes)

I cant believe there's people who would let him go we got him for nothing hes one whose contributed a lot with goals and assists runs his socks off and gets what it is to play for rangers also it would cost 3/4 million to replace him imo

Arfield stated he has five years left in him playing at a level he is at now . If he can stay injury free can see him being a permanent fixture in the team in the position he is playing just now. Doherty I hope finds another position in the team

Docherty isn't good enough to replace Arfield yet. Arfield makes a massive difference to us as a team and you can see how we struggle when he doesn't play.

Ilive 20 miles from Shrewsbury Docherty has a long way to go to get into a team that coukd CHALLENGE for SPL or make a mark in Europe

Name him...

Were you aware of Morelos' existence before we bought him? Tavenier? Kent?

Just because I can't name a specific player who can replace arfield for 3 mil doesn't mean he doesn't exist...

I just think that 3 mil would be good business for us. It's not me saying Arfield isn't a good player.

Do people on here no remember the reason he's at Ibrox is cause him and the family wanted to move back to Scotland? Even if we're offered decent money for him he'll no be leaving

There's talk in the papers of Southampton for £3 million, if that figure rose above £4 million then it's something we'd seriously have to consider. Not that I'm hoping the rumours are true or that we cash in, mind.
We'd be nuts to sell Arfield for four million. We'd be gambling on his replacement, hoping it worked out. I don't think he'll have any interest in going back south, especially to Southampton.

Assuming we'll lose Morelos then we couldn't lose Arfield without significantly overhauling our starting team. Something we must try to avoid.

Some comments above about Arfield's fitness, bring Docherty back and let him play in that role when Arfield needs a rest and for the last 20 of games. Possibly why we are looking at Stewart.

I don't see him going anywhere.

Ilive 20 miles from Shrewsbury Docherty has a long way to go to get into a team that coukd CHALLENGE for SPL or make a mark in Europe
Close the thread. The man living 20 miles away from Shrewsbury has spoken. Now, anyone live 20 miles away from Anfield tell us the latest with Ryan Kent?

Docherty will go out on loan hopefully at a higher level than Shrewsbury,another season of development.
Arfield will stay.
Next season we need guys who hit the ground from the first minute.

We get say 3 million for arfield go out buy a player for 3 million doesn't guarantee we get a better player just look at grezda and barasic for proof

Arfield looks like he is loving it here. I can't see him wanting to go anywhere even if we did accept £3m which we wouldn't.

But we'll have a lot of games to play next season and no doubt some injuries and Docherty will have his part to play.

Arfield is playing well just now as are most of the players but that’s easy when there is no pressure and the season is over. He and the rest weren’t that great a month or 2 ago.

If Southampton come in with an offer for Arfield that is too good for reuse could Greg Docherty play the advanced midfield position for us next season? He's certainly got the engine to get around the park and put defenders under pressure, can he be coached into the role?

I think he could, but i think Arfield is going nowhere next season, he's now looking like the player we thought he would be.
So why would he move back south, when he's settled up here with his familry again, and enjoying playing for a big club like the Gers. No sense in that.

There's talk in the papers of Southampton for £3 million, if that figure rose above £4 million then it's something we'd seriously have to consider. Not that I'm hoping the rumours are true or that we cash in, mind.
Can we find a player who will contribute the same as Arfield for 3 million?

Were you aware of Morelos' existence before we bought him? Tavenier? Kent?

Just because I can't name a specific player who can replace arfield for 3 mil doesn't mean he doesn't exist...

I just think that 3 mil would be good business for us. It's not me saying Arfield isn't a good player.
You could throw out an example, surely there's not just one...

Back