Docherty update on Rocksport .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here speaks the master of negotiation.

From where I’m standing it looks like we’ve made bid number one, they’ve said no and then more than likely gave us a price.

We then wait almost a week then make bid number 2 which still isn’t what they want, hence me saying just give them what they want because they don’t look like budging.

People need to calm down. Theres no limit to the amount of bids you can put in. The board are just trying to lowball Hamilton and see if they are truly going to have the balls to hold out for their asking price.

Id be astonished if the next bid isnt accepted.

If Hamilton have said we want x and will not shift from this either we give them it or walk away Why bother with 2 offers they were not going to accept seems amateur and pointless

Fingers crossed the next bid is the correct one then.

He wants to come, we want him and Hamilton are willing to let him go for a set price, get it done please Rangers.

Just get it done ffs rangers, the board were more than happy to spunk money on two untried Mexicans to come play in this league but seem to be pissing about over approximately 100k to get this highly rated young guy in the door.

Do you maybe think it’s precisely because we shelled out said money on untried Mexicans that we are having to be a bit more careful with the funds now 6 months later?

Before the drama starts, common sense says this will be completed very soon. We’re 150k away from their valuation and expected to make another bid.

People need to calm down. Theres no limit to the amount of bids you can put in. The board are just trying to lowball Hamilton and see if they are truly going to have the balls to hold out for their asking price.

Id be astonished if the next bid isnt accepted.
I think we all understand that and I'm sure we agree that we shouldn't be throwing money around but there is a way to do business and I'm not entirely convinced we are doing it in the correct manner.

Too much messing about with our transfer dealings, board do look a bit amateurish.

I think we all understand that and I'm sure we agree that we shouldn't be throwing money around but there is a way to do business and I'm not entirely convinced we are doing it in the correct manner.

Too much messing about with our transfer dealings, board do look a bit amateurish.

This happens all the time in football. Its just that (presumably Hamilton) are making it a public affair.

Because we've been negotiating with them for days so we will know exactly what they want yet we still submit a bid that we know will be rejected.

How do we know it would be rejected? Teams meet in the middle all the time when it comes to making bids. People need to settle down.

They board have done an outstanding job this month, lets not start crying co a hamilton player takes a few days longer than we would like ffs.

From where I’m standing it looks like we’ve made bid number one, they’ve said no and then more than likely gave us a price.

We then wait almost a week then make bid number 2 which still isn’t what they want, hence me saying just give them what they want because they don’t look like budging.

You've got absolutely no idea what's going on, just like the rest of us.

Accies are trying to get what they see as a fair price and we are trying to get the best possible value within our budget.

It's called a negotiation for a reason mate.

Looks like they ain’t budging from the £600k and want a decent chunk asap.
And that's likely to be the issue. We are cash strapped at the moment so would be looking at a 'structured' payment plan I would imagine with us wanting the bulk of the payment made in the summer.

So rumoured days of negotiations led to another KB anyway?

Third bid hopefully gets it over the line otherwise I don't see it happening until summer - if he hasn't moved elsewhere.

Can only hope they typo'd on the offer or something.

Shambles if after a few days of discussion we still get it wrong.

Either that or we are chancing our hand with the payment structure.

If the 3rd bid is rejected i hope the club move on to other targets. If Docherty really wants to come play for The Rangers he should make it publicly known to everyone that he wants this move.

It’s mental, we apparently go through days of negotiating then put in a bid that gets rejected. Surely to fvck we know what it will take to get it accepted by now and if we can’t afford it we need to move on.
We are absolutely hopeless at this. For the record I’m still convinced the board are very poor and this wave of optimism based on two friendlies and a draw at them is the usual bi polar follow follow. If it goes wrong on Wednesday we will be back to sack everyone.

My position is that to really move forward this board would need to be replaced with investment. No idea if that would ever happen. Secondly I believe Murty long term would be a very bad choice but happy to eat my words on that one.

Here speaks the master of negotiation.

He’s got a point. Nearly a weeks worth of negotiations, the boy missing a game at the weekend, and us going into a massive game on Wednesday short of midfielders as it stands and we’re still failing to meet what is a widely known asking price.

Get it paid and get it done. It’s 600k, we’ll make it back on the lad and then some.

Get Edmonds in to broker the deal.

swapshop02www-scarfolk-blogspot-com.jpg

Don’t mind us being a bit shrewd here with bids, gone are the days when Scottish clubs pulled a figure out of thin air and Murray payed it. We should never pay over the odds for any player if we feel we can negotiate a better deal.

If the 3rd bid is rejected i hope the club move on to other targets. If Docherty really wants to come play for The Rangers he should make it publicly known to everyone that he wants this move.

I don't like this logic, would you be happy with Docherty if he was already at us and behaved like that while being linked to a club down south?

I want my players to act professional, not spit the dummy over a move.

They board have done an outstanding job this month, lets not start crying co a hamilton player takes a few days longer than we would like ffs.

You wouldn't think so going by some of the comments on here from the "just pay them what they want" experts from the David Murray school of negotiating.

We have a limited budget and our board are trying to maximise the value they can get from it.

Feel free if you want to chip in a few hundred grand to boost it lads.

How would you feel if one of our players did that to force a move, say Morelos? And we ended up selling for less than we think he's worth.

Seriously. I was taught you judged your performance after you actually did a performance. Let’s see how the players all pan out before claiming the ridiculous word outstanding.

Started reading this thread with a stauner and a few comments later am let down!

**edit**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back