Does Alfie want to stay?

Papasmurf

Official Ticketer
Many times this season when he’s scored, he runs over to the crowd and starts pointing to the ground and appears to be gesturing ‘I’m staying’ or something similar.

I got a c- in my body language course but that’s what I see.

I don’t think the lad will be away as quickly as some may think

He loves it here I reckon, the joy in his face when he scores and when we see him in training.

I honestly believe that Gerrard being here has destined him to become a world class player and SG will know when he is ready to let him go.

I’m sure he loves it here (well, at Rangers at least)

But let’s not kid ourselves. A serious offer of at least £20 million and he’ll be gone. He would want to go as well.

I’m clinging to the hope that no one will match our price.

It helps....:D

Reactions: Dom
He did the same celebration after equalising vs Rapid.

Wouldn't read too much into it mate.

He’s don’t it easily half a dozen times. Just comes across as a way to communicate with the fans.

Maybe I’m waaay off

Financially we really need to sell him in the summer. That has to be our model.

I fully expect him to leave.

He won't want another season in Scottish football, that's for sure.

Been doing that celebration since last season.

He’ll be gone in the summer. Shame really, one more season, develop more and have a fight good go at winning a title. Good chance he’ll win nothing at us, which is sad.

Financially we really need to sell him in the summer. That has to be our model.

I fully expect him to leave.

He won't want another season in Scottish football, that's for sure.

Depends what the bids are like. We keep suggesting figures north of £10m, but it's pure fantasy until a bid materialises.

Think he loves it here and, loves the adoration he's receiving from 50k bears. But, and it pains me to say, he will move on, maybe to a bigger and better team, certainly to a bigger and better league.

Many times this season when he’s scored, he runs over to the crowd and starts pointing to the ground and appears to be gesturing ‘I’m staying’ or something similar.

Can't see it unfortunately :'-(

Good chance he’ll win nothing at us, which is sad.

The harsh reality of it.

Even more so, the reality that we may not win anything without him dependent on the business we do.

I'm struggling to see how we get close to replacing him.

Hopefully he stays for the ride.

Ironically, the more goals he scores, the less likely he is to stay.

Every time he sticks one in the onion bag, is a step nearer the exit.

The only way he stays, is if his goal tally drops dramatically - and in that case, he's no use to us either.

He appeared to hold up his two hands as if to say '55' before pointing to the ground like the OP suggested.

The trouble is, I doubt it'll be his decision. Big offer and he's away.

He’ll go in the summer I think.
Saddest part is, he’ll go without having gotten any proper recognition in this country of how good he actually is. Better than Dembele, yet we heard on a daily basis how good he was and how he was worth £30-40m.
Morelos will go on to have a better career, would love to see him banging in the goals in the premier league (if he really has to leave of course).

He wants to go to the epl let's just enjoy the lad while we can

I honestly think he is going to go to the very top, reminds me of Saurez and he is still so young.

Seriously hope so, and I don’t think I can handle him leaving, think I love the guy more than I love my own maw

I would love us to win 55 this year and have Alfie around next season to have a crack at the Champion's League.
If he were to perform well in the CL his value would double, and from his point of view, if he goes to England it's unlikely he would be going to a top 6 club (for now anyway), so it would be good for him to sample the CL as well with us.
I think if he stays or not hinges on what happens this season.

I honestly think he is going to go to the very top, reminds me of Saurez and he is still so young.

I honestly couldn’t disagree with you.

Some of his play tonight was outstanding. Absolutely manhandling 2 or 3 players at a time.

With quality players round about him he would be a superstar.

But he has a dodgy temperament:D

Alfie has come from literal poverty in South America. I will be gutted when he goes but I wouldn't grudge him a penny of the English riches he will be earning. We will get a good fee for the wee man so hopefully some of that can go to signing Bufalo 2.0.

He's outstanding.

He's basically got the exact game any top team in 2019 would look for in a footballer.

The sky is the limit for him.

Why would he want to stay in a country that's not his own where so many hate him, put him down and ban him from playing the game he loves for no reason?

He will leave. We'll make a fortune from him and I will wish you good luck Alfie!

He’ll go in the summer I think.
Saddest part is, he’ll go without having gotten any proper recognition in this country of how good he actually is.
Except when he does go he will leave with the adulation he deserves from the only people in Scotland who actually count.

We won't be able the replace him regardless of transfer fee.

Its catch 22 kind of.. do we sell him early and get down to business spending the money we bring in or do we try keep him and hope we don't receive a late offer that we can't refuse leaving us buggered??

After tonight's game his value has gone up.

alfometer.gif

Back