Does clement need to win the final

Depends on what is meant in he has got to win it? If you mean he’ll be sacked if he does not then, of course not:

1. He’s took us to challenging when the league was over in October.

2. He’s been dealing with many key players bring out simultaneously.

3. He’s not had the chance to sign his own players.

This chat is ridiculous. Let him settle, we can’t be in this Manager conveyor belt for ever.

He must find a way to win the final, this current situation is stuck in a rut with the players. And the run is giving us little hope as fans and it transfers to the pitch.

Clement needs to find a way, his was of taking on Celtic in the past three has been well short as much as I sympathise with the squad he’s got.

No. It's a one off game where anything can happen.
Give him the summer to build his own team after getting rid of the deadwood them we can judge him.

If we don't win the Cup, his tenure won't last long next season if we also get beaten again at the piggery . We need winners in the manager's chair, 4 losses and one draw against them is not the sign of a winner.

I’m sorry but Clement is on an absolute hiding to nothing. Just look at our bench today and the options we have out injured. You really shouldn’t judge him until he’s had his own players in through the door. What do you expect him to do when he has Silva, Stirling and Dessers as his forward options today. We aren’t a sacking club and we shouldn’t be with Clement

If, sorry, when, we lose the cup final, the board should be sitting round the table and outlining the size of the task that's required in the summer.

It should be close to a dozen out and a dozen in.

If the manager has the stomach, the hunger and desire to make the amount of changes required to the squad that we so desperately need, then hopefully he'll get serious backing to do so.

If for example Clement thinks he can make 3 or 4 transfers and maybe 1 loan in and challenge next season, he should be kindly shown the door.

If the manager and the board alike think we can keep the usual suspects around and make a few small changes here and there, we are truly fecked in every way.

Clement will then be gone come halloween and it will be a case of rinse and repeat.

It would help massively.

Regardless of what happens, the board must back him properly, we can't keep relying on a right back to bail us out for the past 9 years.

He’ll start to lose some of the fans if he fails to beat them. We haven’t laid a glove on them anytime we’ve played them

His set up in both games has cost us tonkajy times now.

He'll start next season with a hell of a lot less goodwill if he doesn't win the final.

Then if he loses the first OF next season it's knives out again

Not saying it's right, just how it will be.

Reactions: VGM
I wouldn’t call it a free hit, but at the same time there’s not a chance he is bagged before he gets a chance to get his own players in, he inherited an absolute shambles from Beale.

or is it a free hit until he can bring more players in

He just doesn’t seem to have any idea how to play Celtic, but definitely not helped by the players
No and there are no free hits but he needs a couple seasons to build his own team less he has a disaster like God's?

No chance his job depends on winning the final but he absolutely has to win it to stop the fans turning against him.
Sadly I don’t see any way this squad can step up and beat them. This team is spineless both in terms of the spine of the team and also the spine of these gutless serial losers against this over rated shower of paedo bastards.

Don’t think he will get sacked if he didn’t but he wouldn’t get much time next season especially as first game v filth is at the piggery but with 3000 fans might not be so bad and we need to qualify for the CL to cut there money as we get more of tv money if we’re both in competition due to the 10 year co efficient

The manager needs to get Lundstram out the team

Play Raskin in CM beside Dio

Sterling in CM would be better too

The cup final we need a different approach as this system v them isn’t working

Balogun back, Ridvan at left back, Raskin instead of Lundstram, Sterling in midfield, Sima and possibly Matondo back, once can dream.

He just doesn’t seem to have any idea how to play Celtic, but definitely not helped by the players
Yes.

Three games against Celtic and never ahead.

He needs the win for his credibility and the mental welfare of those players staying next season.

Otherwise he’s arguably just an upgrade on Beale.

We need to get the monkey off our back.

My concern has been lack of consequences for these manager appointments.

That’s Gio, Beale and Clement now (Caixinha before them) been “given the summer” regardless of initial results or warning signs.

Personally I think our strategy of handing out long term manager contracts in the middle of a season has been a disaster.

Needs his own players in and not Beales. This ethos of sacking managers and an attitude of sacking Clement is downright pathetic.

It’s a must win game, there’s no two ways about it. He simply can’t afford to go 0/4 wins against Celtic going into the first game at Parkhead next season

Our record against Celtic since 2021 is utterly pathetic

Reactions: VGM
Rangers as a club need to win the Scottish Cup. Otherwise that mob match us on number of trophies won.
If we keep going through managers as we are, matching us will be the least of our problems. That's just history, I'm trying to look forwards and I can't go reading all the answers so many have, but ask them to give us what they think we need to do and it's nothing to do with them.

What do I know? not much, but I do know that changing managers each season gets teams nowhere. Just need to look around the football world to see that. Top 3 in the epl have managers that have stuck around, the rest speak for themselves.

For us to win the final we need Sima, Matondo and Yilmaz fit enough to play the full 90 minutes so we can ask them questions defensively instead of watching them run over us as we have zero pace in behind otherwise. Would also allow Sterling to play the Lundstram role and stick Raskin on McGregor to completely nullify him which I think he's capable of doing.

I would say for his sake he needs to win it.

If he doesn't and then loses first OF at parkhead next year his time will be up.

Win it and he gets more time as he has proven he knows how to beat them

Back