Does clement need to win the final

he has to win it
not a very impressive cv finishing a season without a single win out of 4 against that mob if he doesn't

With this squad of player no manager could turn them into a good team too many just not good enough and dont care we have seen it for several years

That being said he really must start to at least try something different with the formation and tactics when playing them to constantly put out the same useless players playing the same tactics that are clearly not working is just sheer stupidity

or is it a free hit until he can bring more players in

He just doesn’t seem to have any idea how to play Celtic, but definitely not helped by the players
Needs to and should.

Again, today, showed that they are not great.

Ref appointment will be a big factor unfortunately.

Pretty stupid and loaded question.

Rangers hope to win any final but to what you are implying, no, Clement is in no danger if we lose the final.
He has shown plenty to indicate that, given time, some luck with transfers and injuries, he is capable of doing well with the team.

We need to win it, not just Clement.

Look at the squads today, before even a ball was kicked we are off it. Our bench was weak, our first 11 was weak. But they and he kept us in the game, even after going to ten men, we held shape and worked hard. Add sima , rabbi or Cortes to that team today and we win.

Under Beale, that game turns into a cricket score.

We back the manager, get some pace and power in the team and he'll see us right.

Yes.
Celtic equal our trophy record if it happens and there is absolutely no excuse to let that happen.
Their players were barely able to handle the fact we scored today, any other team would have probably not only equalised but won.

It does depend on a few things though.

If Lundstram starts and we din't win I think that will be hard for fans to get over.

I still think we see what he does in the summer, regardless.

He’s had one window and January can be difficult to get quality in.

He has to be backed in the summer regardless what happens in the final and he has to get it right from them on. We need to give him a chance.

If we keep going through managers as we are, matching us will be the least of our problems. That's just history, I'm trying to look forwards and I can't go reading all the answers so many have, but ask them to give us what they think we need to do and it's nothing to do with them.

What do I know? not much, but I do know that changing managers each season gets teams nowhere. Just need to look around the football world to see that. Top 3 in the epl have managers that have stuck around, the rest speak for themselves.
The top 3 in the EPL have top managers that’s the difference.

I agree we can’t keep changing managers but we only can achieve that once we appoint the right manager.

“Can’t keep sacking managers” is not a reason to keep one that isn’t working. If Clement doesn’t start next season well - he’ll be gone.

Free hit. Because, seriously, what are we going to do, sack him?

Needs next season minimum. We need to stop thinking success is right around the corner, and stop thinking short term because it plainly isn’t.

We need to build the foundations of a young, fearless, hungry team that can grow. If I see signs that’s happening I’ll back him next season, too, no matter the outcome.

The fact that until today we fought toward a treble from where Beale left us and people question the manger is a joke!

What more do
You want! A team totally all over the place with injuries to key position and we gabr it a go!

The red card decided the game!

A potential Double!

Proud of the team with the players we have available! If you think anything else you’re entitled as %^*&!

WRTP
Your reply is going into mainly a support who need a whipping boy for all occasions, unless this knee-jerk sack the manager after one season ends we are never turning the corner.

Clement is the best bet we have had since Walter, let him build a team, it could take a couple or three transfer windows, but that's where we are.

Guys like you are part of the problem, loser mentality, it seeps all the way down from the top, to the deluded losers in our support like yourself . Happy to play 2nd fiddle to bang average Celtic teams and go again next season, hope for different results.

Don't bother replying your on ignore
I swear some fans are happy as long as they get their euro away days to get away from the wife and weans and get full of the swally

He must find a way to win the final, this current situation is stuck in a rut with the players. And the run is giving us little hope as fans and it transfers to the pitch.

Clement needs to find a way, his was of taking on Celtic in the past three has been well short as much as I sympathise with the squad he’s got.
The start of the week, plenty on here had gave up on the Cup as it mattered not a jot as we've lost the league. Now it's must a for the managers future.

There's no miracles to be had. Anyone who thinks he can bring in a whole hew team and expect them to fly out the traps is going to be disappointed. Never happened with Souness or postlagoo or whatever he's called. As for pre season, means f**k all. Christ, we beat Real Madrid, something that just wouldn't happen in a game that means something.

This isn't about Clement. It could be Frank Lampard we're talking about and the situation would remain the same

No Rangers manager can go winless in their first 4 OF games including a cup final(with the 5th at their midden next season) and not be under pressure.

He needs to win. Otherwise he goes into next season under a ridiculous amount of pressure.

Your reply is going into mainly a support who need a whipping boy for all occasions, unless this knee-jerk sack the manager after one season ends we are never turning the corner.

Clement is the best bet we have had since Walter, let him build a team, it could take a couple or three transfer windows, but that's where we are.
Agreed mate or this cycle will just continue. Seems some just can't see this or simply don't want to.

Has to win it or we’ll need to consider other options.

It’s the fact that he’s making the same mistakes, that’s the concern.

We can’t piss another season up against the wall with a perennial loser in charge.

No he does not but it would be preferable to losing the final.

The manager didn’t take 1 point from 9 against Dundee, Motherwell and RC. The players selected for all 3 games, and the tactics were more than good enough. The usual suspects lost those points and lost the league.

Too early to sack him, but he's put himself under massive pressure.

If we hand them the midfield *again* in an OF game, then if whatever changes he makes in the summer don't land immediately, he'll have one foot out the door.

Yes.
Celtic equal our trophy record if it happens and there is absolutely no excuse to let that happen.
Their players were barely able to handle the fact we scored today, any other team would have probably not only equalised but won.

It does depend on a few things though.

If Lundstram starts and we din't win I think that will be hard for fans to get over.

I still think we see what he does in the summer, regardless.

So 'no' then? :)

He needs to show some level of actually learning from the past. 3 Old Firms and 3 he’s gone in the exact same way and ultimately came away with 3 losses (the Draw was as good as a loss)

The cup final won’t decide his fate. But it’ll tell us a lot about what we are going to be watching next season.

Feels like groundhog day

So a lot of people are saying he has to win a 50/50 match, mental.

Should get next season to build a foundation with his own players at least, patience paid off with Gerrard and it will pay off with Clement.

To keep his job? No.

To keep the fans on side? Absolutely.

I don't want him sacked if we lose either way.

In terms of being sacked, of course not.

But otherwise yes. Its going to be a long summer with little optimism for next season if we lose to them again.

I would have more respect for Clement if he left out every single player who is likely to be leaving in summer and even if it meant playing Cole Mackinon Leon King etc.

We cant beat them anyways so it would be a free hit for him if we did lose which we will with the 1st team players anyways.

The top 3 in the EPL have top managers that’s the difference.

I agree we can’t keep changing managers but we only can achieve that once we appoint the right manager.

“Can’t keep sacking managers” is not a reason to keep one that isn’t working. If Clement doesn’t start next season well - he’ll be gone.
And then we continue as we are doing. No manager worth his salt would come to the club. We are now a yoyo club for managers. We'll get what we deserve. Be as well getting the Airdrie manager. Plays very good football and won't cost us much after his one season in the job. We need time to get this sorted, because you know as well as me the constant changing of managers doesn't work.

The 3 managers at the top of the epl are part of stable well run clubs. Ancelotti couldn't sort Everton, and the mess they're in speaks for itself.

Back