Does clement need to win the final

Repeat what I said elsewhere.

Sad to see so many purported Rangers fans sharpening the knives

The next guy won’t have multiple titles for different sides.

The next guy will come in and we’ll be watching Celtic win their 55th title next May.

Only stability and trust in a manager with a proven track record will restore Rangers to the top.

Revolving doors won’t cut it however much of a comfort blanket that is for you guys

We are in a terrible position, again. He needs to get transfer window bang on, no mistakes and he needs to win every game right from off next season - otherwise we are in same this time next year.

Getting back into a title race isn’t enough. We’ve been poor for months - his decision making is baffling and we are a poorly structured/organised team.

he badly needs to at least have a go. I don't mind getting beat if we have a go but im fed up of being their bitches and standing off them.

I don’t think he needs to win it. He is going to be here next season regardless and deserves the chance to rip up that squad and bring in his own players.

That said, the old saying is that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. If Clement trots out a cup final team with Barisic at left back and with Lundstram and Lawrence in midfield then I think people will start to question him a bit. Our midfield was over run today by a not massively talented Celtic midfield but by an undoubtedly fit, energetic and athletic Celtic midfield. The same again in the cup final would be sickening.

No he’s until he has his own players I don’t think we should judge him too harshly.
Exactly in what regard. If he wins we will be singing his praises for getting two trophy’s out a horrific recruitment driven squad. If he loses he will be getting rid of players we say are the problem and starting fresh. Regardless he will be manager next season. Aye like every bear hope he wins but our squad in regards to quality players is absolutely grim.

Well agree to disagree.

Id argue the players are way more of a problem than Clement

Of course they are.

Look this is a comfort blanket for people.

People genuinely believe - sack clement at the first sign of trouble in September or something and maybe the next guy delivers us the title.

Madness.

Utter insanity. Delusional fools.

Either Phil Clement is given time to build us into something or we’re waiting a very long time for 56

Those are your stark facts. There are no easy fixes however much delusionists wish it were so

As always Rangers need to win it.
Clement also needs to win it as whilst he won't be sacked these results will eventually catch up with any Rangers manager especially if he loses the first game next season.
Should we lose & if it is in the same manner where he appears to not be learning from previous mistakes then he will not only be losing the fans faith but akeo the Board who are then due to back him financially as they will also more than likelh starting to have doubts.
Something needs to change

If he doesn't learn from the mistakes made in this game and continues to play the same shape in the final then that's a big red flag. However, I'm not a deranged mentally challenged therefore won't be throwing any sharks or burning the Chairman's house down though.

Absolutely ridiculous
It's true about Gio and Beale, they couldn't beat Celtic and paid with their jobs, Gio got us to a European final but couldn't beat fat Ange, Beale after losing to Rodgers this season was a dead man walking, the message is always the same for every Rangers manager.

Clement is on the exact same road to ruin.

And then we continue as we are doing. No manager worth his salt would come to the club. We are now a yoyo club for managers. We'll get what we deserve. Be as well getting the Airdrie manager. Plays very good football and won't cost us much after his one season in the job. We need time to get this sorted, because you know as well as me the constant changing of managers doesn't work.

The 3 managers at the top of the epl are part of stable well run clubs. Ancelotti couldn't sort Everton, and the mess they're in speaks for itself.
It all depends how long you are willing to give a manager.

I remember when Beale and even Gio were sacked. Some posters would still have had them in charge today with the timeframes they were quoting.

But would we have been in a better position?

he doesn’t need to win it - but he needs to prove he’s not a one trick pony - lundstram should be nowhere near the team and he could do with a change of formation to suit the players we have

This isn't about Clement. It could be Frank Lampard we're talking about and the situation would remain the same

No Rangers manager can go winless in their first 4 OF games including a cup final(with the 5th at their midden next season) and not be under pressure.

He needs to win. Otherwise he goes into next season under a ridiculous amount of pressure.
Shit, I forgot the first OF game is at their place next year

A ridiculous question.

Just look at what he's had to work with, he's worked wonders so far to get us anywhere near them.

Take Lundstram off the park today and we would've been in the game.

And then we continue as we are doing. No manager worth his salt would come to the club. We are now a yoyo club for managers. We'll get what we deserve. Be as well getting the Airdrie manager. Plays very good football and won't cost us much after his one season in the job. We need time to get this sorted, because you know as well as me the constant changing of managers doesn't work.

The 3 managers at the top of the epl are part of stable well run clubs. Ancelotti couldn't sort Everton, and the mess they're in speaks for itself.
Sorry but it doesn’t take a manager 6 or 10 OF games to win one. Yes, they are better than us but they are not Real Madrid. We absolutely should be picking up the odd win, even if we fall short over the course of a season. Celtic done it in the 90s and we should absolutely be doing it now. We’re 1 game away from going a full season without beating them and that is nowhere near good enough

Absolutely yes. There will be grumblings from the support if he doesn’t and a bad start again next season could see the place quickly turn toxic like it did this season with Beale.

We do need to break the cycle of changing manager every November but at the same time Clement needs to shift out the underachievers who have been stinking the place out, have a pretty much flawless transfer window and hit the ground running next season.

Same old same old, let's move on from the real culprits and sack the manager like we always do, keep the same spine and "leadership" group and expect different results, we won't regularly win anything until there's wholesale changes to the squad. There's a pattern with the failure and it's not the manager.

It all depends how long you are willing to give a manager.

I remember when Beale and even Gio were sacked. Some posters would still have had them in charge today with the timeframes they were quoting.

But would we have been in a better position?
That we don't know. I doubt it with Beale, Gio I'm not so sure about. He got us to that final,which we narrowly lost. Personally, I think a bit of time may have helped.

I've quite enjoyed our exchanges as you, instead of ranting for the hell of it, have your own ideas, which I respect. I just see things differently. When I had read about wilder trying to get a tune of Middlesbrough from a squad put together by 5 different managers, I thought that's where we're heading and tbh, that's now where we are. If you are to prove me wrong, I'll be the first to say fair play to you.

First old firm game at their pit next season, they have huge funds headed their way with CL money, possible O'Riley and Frimpong money to boost their transfer pot, they are going to be far stronger than what they are just now.

If we lose the final and Clement is still in charge, can we honestly say we would be confident of going to their dump and winning?

Guys like you are part of the problem, loser mentality, it seeps all the way down from the top, to the deluded losers in our support like yourself . Happy to play 2nd fiddle to bang average Celtic teams and go again next season, hope for different results.

Don't bother replying your on ignore
I've no loser mentality.
Clueless folk who don't go to the games and don't know football like you are the problem.
Jury's still out, sure.
He needs a summer window with a good budget.
He's working with serial losers who should have been away ages ago.
Loser mentality set in after 2012 but I've definitely not got it.
Embarrassing.

Repeat what I said elsewhere.

Sad to see so many purported Rangers fans sharpening the knives

The next guy won’t have multiple titles for different sides.

The next guy will come in and we’ll be watching Celtic win their 55th title next May.

Only stability and trust in a manager with a proven track record will restore Rangers to the top.

Revolving doors won’t cut it however much of a comfort blanket that is for you guys
Good post mate.
Too many spoiled weans on here.

Sorry but it doesn’t take a manager 6 or 10 OF games to win one. Yes, they are better than us but they are not Real Madrid. We absolutely should be picking up the odd win, even if we fall short over the course of a season. Celtic done it in the 90s and we should absolutely be doing it now. We’re 1 game away from going a full season without beating them and that is nowhere near good enough
Not going to argue with you, I just want to know who we get as the next man to do it.

You’d need to go back to the Caixinha / Murty season to find one where we failed to beat them.

Quite the feat for this current crop of players if / when they lose the final.

The final is Clements 4th crack at them. He simply has to get over his blind spots with regards this group of players and win the game somehow.

Needs to win the final and lay the hoodoo before next season.
He gets a clean slate ,to buy his own players,but must also prove,he has the balls to gut the "mentally inept" players from our team and install sterling as our new captain.
Clear the decks.

Good post mate.
Too many spoiled weans on here.

It just kills me.

There are genuinely people here talking about scenarios where we ought to change the manager.

Heck - 80% will be mentally challenged agitators but some will be actual Rangers fans, who genuinely believe you can flick a switch and make it all ok again

Social media and letting every Tom dick and Harry spout his pish is a genuine poison.

But even though his tactics and choice of starting line up were questionable today, it’s not his team and we’re ravaged by injuries leaving us with absolute dross to choose from.

Does he need to win the cup final?
Well, he needed to beat Ross County after drawing with them
He needed to beat Dundee after losing to Ross County
He needed to win today.

So %^*& knows.

It is far too early to do anything other than support the idea that Clement will be in charge next season regardless of the result or performance in the cup final.

However, equally, there is nothing wrong with stating he has a hell of a lot to prove and question up to this point his team selections, style of play (far too many long balls) and Old Firm record.

The honeymoon period is over and at this point I am still very uncertain re whether or not he’s the right man for us. But I will not entertain any idea that he doesn’t start next season as manager and would get at least two more old firm games next season….or approx 15/20 league games…before any serious questions would be asked.

That we don't know. I doubt it with Beale, Gio I'm not so sure about. He got us to that final,which we narrowly lost. Personally, I think a bit of time may have helped.

I've quite enjoyed our exchanges as you, instead of ranting for the hell of it, have your own ideas, which I respect. I just see things differently. When I had read about wilder trying to get a tune of Middlesbrough from a squad put together by 5 different managers, I thought that's where we're heading and tbh, that's now where we are. If you are to prove me wrong, I'll be the first to say fair play to you.
Cheers mate same to you.

I’m not at all in the “sack Clement” camp, even if he loses the cup final. I’m just trying to temper the expectations that he is the messiah and all he needs is his own players. And sometimes to do that on here you need to stake your flag as a reasoned argument gets lost in the weeds.

I’m just trying to get to the point across that it is neither all the players’ fault and it is also neither all the managers fault. The truth, as most things, lies somewhere in the middle.

It just kills me.

There are genuinely people here talking about scenarios where we ought to change the manager.

Heck - 80% will be mentally challenged agitators but some will be actual Rangers fans, who genuinely believe you can flick a switch and make it all ok again

Social media and letting every Tom dick and Harry spout his pish is a genuine poison.
Loads of fans support for the cultural and historical side of Rangers which is great but haven't played football and don't understand football.
I include a lot of my mates in this.

It just kills me.

Flip side of that are genuine mentally challenged folk who are content to see Celtic rack up title after title, 12from 13 now.

They rack up the honours and will overtake us in the next few years.

It's guys like yourself who want to ignore all that and instead criticise Rangers fans who look at the managers in charge who are allowing it to happen.

Cheers mate same to you.

I’m not at all in the “sack Clement” camp, even if he loses the cup final. I’m just trying to temper the expectations that he is the messiah and all he needs is his own players. And sometimes to do that on here you need to stake your flag as a reasoned argument gets lost in the weeds.

I’m just trying to get to the point across that it is neither all the players’ fault and it is also neither all the managers fault. The truth, as most things, lies somewhere in the middle.
At last, someone with a different opinion I could talk to down the pub. Think you right, somewhere in the middle, just finding that middle is hard to find.

It's true about Gio and Beale, they couldn't beat Celtic and paid with their jobs, Gio got us to a European final but couldn't beat fat Ange, Beale after losing to Rodgers this season was a dead man walking, the message is always the same for every Rangers manager.

Clement is on the exact same road to ruin.

He was given a budget in Jan that was pretty much zero!

If we keep changing the manager we are not going to progress

The more time I spend on this site, the more I’m convinced it’s absolutely rammed with third columnist Tim’s.

There is absolutely no way we should even be discussing Clement after the borderline miracle he’s performed with a team of absolute wasters.

We really have to stop even discussing changing managers now on this site. Gerrard took 2 1/2 years to grab a title. Clement has been here after a shambles of a summer, our board and then diddy manager spunking millions on duds who then got shipped out on loan, and Clement has still he managed to get us close this season, plus a trophy (so far)

He needs all of next season and most of the one after that. If we ditch him before then, it’s back to the drawing board with player clear outs and the farce goes on and on

Yep, he can’t go 4 with 1 draw to show for it. Can’t be arsed with the injuries excuse, they are shit and we’ve gifted them the league
Not a lot he can do about:

1. Tav brain fart.
2. Goldson harlem globetrotters impression.
3. Lundstram meltdown.

Not even to mention Kyogo banging in belters from everywhere.

Flip side of that are genuine mentally challenged folk who are content to see Celtic rack up title after title, 12from 13 now.

They rack up the honours and will overtake us in the next few years.

It's guys like yourself who want to ignore all that and instead criticise Rangers fans who look at the managers in charge who are allowing it to happen.

Haha.

How %^*& is suggesting we give a proven manager, who came in 7 behind, time to build indicative of contentment for the status quo?

You tell me what the quick fix is ? You tell me how you wave a magic wand and automatically make Rangers top dogs again ?

They have better players and a bigger budget than us - that’s not going to be fixed overnight

Back