Does clement need to win the final

He was given a budget in Jan that was pretty much zero!

If we keep changing the manager we are not going to progress
Do you think the squad of players should be capable of beating Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee?

It was a catastrophic collapse and the manager has to take a huge portion of the blame for that.

The more time I spend on this site, the more I’m convinced it’s absolutely rammed with third columnist Tim’s.

There is absolutely no way we should even be discussing Clement after the borderline miracle he’s performed with a team of absolute wasters.

We really have to stop even discussing changing managers now on this site. Gerrard took 2 1/2 years to grab a title. Clement has been here after a shambles of a summer, our board and then diddy manager spunking millions on duds who then got shipped out on loan, and Clement has still he managed to get us close this season, plus a trophy (so far)

He needs all of next season and most of the one after that. If we ditch him before then, it’s back to the drawing board with player clear outs and the farce goes on and on

It’s seething with mentally challengeds.

Riddled with them

They’re crawling and seeping from every corner.

It’s impossible for this many genuine Rangers supporters to believe Clement’s removal could be progress.

or is it a free hit until he can bring more players in

He just doesn’t seem to have any idea how to play Celtic, but definitely not helped by the players
The heart of this squad cost 2 previous managers their job. There is now a common theme and Clement has to get the chance to strengthen what is a pretty spineless group of players.

Flip side of that are genuine mentally challenged folk who are content to see Celtic rack up title after title, 12from 13 now.

They rack up the honours and will overtake us in the next few years.

It's guys like yourself who want to ignore all that and instead criticise Rangers fans who look at the managers in charge who are allowing it to happen.
What’s your solution mate - you can only make a good meal with good ingredients…do you think Clement has been given the right ingredients to win?
We are still dealing with the consequences of 2012 and as a support (I include myself), it’s getting tiring watching them win.

Haha.

How %^*& is suggesting we give a proven manager, who came in 7 behind, time to build indicative of contentment for the status quo?

You tell me what the quick fix is ? You tell me how you wave a magic wand and automatically make Rangers top dogs again ?

They have better players and a bigger budget than us - that’s not going to be fixed overnight
We didn't even have to beat them, if we had managed to beat the might of Ross County, Motherwell and Dundee, we could have lost twice to them.

Clement wasn't exactly a wonder appointment, he was on the end of huge criticism at Monaco from fans, media etc.

We ain’t winning the Scottish Cup.

The manager (any manager) needs next season in its entirety and arguably half of the season after (to get another transfer window) to turn this around.

We didn't even have to beat them, if we had managed to beat the might of Ross County, Motherwell and Dundee, we could have lost twice to them.

Clement wasn't exactly a wonder appointment, he was on the end of huge criticism at Monaco from fans, media etc.

What do you want ?

A manager without blemish ? A manager beyond reproach ?

Klopp is free. But obviously he’s a bottle job himself with that loss at home to Palace.

You can’t polish a turd I’m afraid - it seems to our shite players finally ran out of gas after Benfica.

Title was gone when he came in the door. Suddenly it came alive due to a great run and the points they dropped - they lost 4 at home to Kilmarnock and Motherwell from winning positions.

They lost 2 games in a row against Kilmarnock and hearts.

The door was almost miraculously opened but you can’t really just Ross county and Dundee cost us the title - the 38 game picture shows this isn’t a vintage old firm rivalry and both sides are going to drop points regularly

He shored up a poor team and got some stability out of it, remarkable got them this far with these players. But against them he's not getting it yet. Shows too much respect from the off, get at them like we do at two nil down, every bloody time. 90 minutes with that attitude from the first minute till last minute, I'm m more hopeful

Don’t know how the manager can be questioned at this point really, apart from a couple of iffy team selections - and lets be honest his arms are tied behind his back with this one - I have no complaints.

The squad needs gutted, full of weak losers and we’ll achieve nothing until that happens. Clement keeping us in it this long is some job considering the mess Beale (who had many cheerleaders on here for a good length of time) has left us in.

It’s taken some far too long to realise that players like Lundstram, Tavernier and Goldson need hunted. Achieve that and we can build.

He took over a squad short of quality,questionable fitness and then had to deal with a lengthy injury list that cut his options even more,Can’t think of any manager that could have worked the miracles required to do any better,

No. He needs time to bring in his own players and get rid of the players who have bottled most big occasions. That's me being polite. How many managers do Tav, Lundstram and Goldson work their way through without questions being asked about them?

We ain’t winning the Scottish Cup.

The manager (any manager) needs next season in its entirety and arguably half of the season after (to get another transfer window) to turn this around.
Completely different scenario, different set of circumstances and ground, our fans will be there for a start, tin hat on here but for me we win the Cup Final.

or is it a free hit until he can bring more players in

He just doesn’t seem to have any idea how to play Celtic, but definitely not helped by the players
This thread is part of the reason we are in this mess. Constantly wanting to get rid of managers. Do we just sack a guy every time they beat us?
6 weeks ago Clement could have wiped out an orphanage with an ak47 and he would still have got a pass on here.

The manager needs 2 full seasons to turn this squad around imo. We don't have the funds to do it all in one go.
Summer, get some semblance of a defence together.
Winter, get the best striker available.
If we don't win league next season, so be it. Hopefully we will see the foundations of a good team that is even enjoyable to watch.

2nd summer, address the midfield, assuming the defence is solid.
Winter, impact players as required

If we don't win the league in year 2 , then you look at it. Is there progress? Are we close etc?

What do you want ?

A manager without blemish ? A manager beyond reproach ?

Klopp is free. But obviously he’s a bottle job himself with that loss at home to Palace.

You can’t polish a turd I’m afraid - it seems to our shite players finally ran out of gas after Benfica.

Title was gone when he came in the door. Suddenly it came alive due to a great run and the points they dropped - they lost 4 at home to Kilmarnock and Motherwell from winning positions.

They lost 2 games in a row against Kilmarnock and hearts.

The door was almost miraculously opened but you can’t really just Ross county and Dundee cost us the title - the 38 game picture shows this isn’t a vintage old firm rivalry and both sides are going to drop points regularly
What do I want?

A manager who can beat Celtic?

It's not Pep and City we are up against here.

Derek McInnes and Naismith have beaten them 4 times this season, not suggesting them for the post, just highlighting it can be done and not as a freak one off either.

The manager inherited a shambles that much is true, he got a tune out of them initially, now we look like we have no gameplan, he gives us baffling team selections and substitutions and he has oversaw a catastrophic collapse which will set us back years.

Aye we’re gonnae sack a second manager in one season, purely because he isnae David fûckin Copperfield.

Folk need to have a word with themselves man, this place has gone full tilt to the moon.

He’s got the same bunch of players who have been losing to them year in year out. The problem is the people wearing our jerseys, not the guy having to pick from a horrible group of options.

Yes. He’s overseen a monumental collapse in form and hasn’t put a glove on them.
Monumental collapse?

We have dropped form yes, but it’s the form HE put us in. All that’s happened is this bunch of losers reverted to type having had every ounce of ability milked out of them.

Give him his own squad and he tears that wee leprechaun a new arsheole.

Yes! He won't be sacked but the decisions he makes are strange at times and this bullshit about taking one game at a time and every game being prepared for the same needs to stop! That mob are arrogant c*nts while we spout out some of the worse clichés while getting continually beat by them and another defeat puts him on a very short timer to the first OF game next season!
Understand where you are coming from but the opinions expressed here are also strange at times and often contradictory

Monumental collapse?

We have dropped form yes, but it’s the form HE put us in. All that’s happened is this bunch of losers reverted to type having had every ounce of ability milked out of them.

Give him his own squad and he tears that wee leprechaun a new arsheole.

He does ? Based on what ?

It can't be on results or performances against Rodgers. So what are you basing this on ? Blind faith ?

I don't want Clement to be sacked. I don't want him gone early or midway through next season. I want him here and being successful

But he needs to start beating Celtic for that to happen. And right now all signs point to him failing to learn from what happened in games previously against them. Going into that game with that midfield was insanity. That was his decision.

No one is disputing the playing squad is bang average either. A lot of these players need binned but that doesn't exempt him from criticism. Everything he did so well for the first 5 months have went up in flames in the last 5 weeks.

We told ourselves when Pedro was in charge "ah just wait until he gets his own players in". Same with Gio. Same with Beale. Now we're doing the same with Clement. It might work, I hope it does but there is absolutely nothing to suggest he'll have Rodgers' number next season.

My Mrs, that has no interest in football said the other day. Doesn't all your new managers look the part then come to pieces half way through the season. It's hard to put up a decent argument. I do still believe Clement has something avout him tho. Hope it's not just new manager shine. Because April has been horrific gifting them the league.

Clement needs a summer to get his team in place. But the reality of life at Rangers means if he loses the first OF game he’s under pressure. If Goldson and Tavernier start in defence next season I worry about his position long term. But I think deep down he knows.

Losing it is not worth thinking about or crying over before it's played.

No matter what happens he deserves the Summer and backing in the transfer market to get his own team.

The style of play and long balls is a concern just now but that might be all he feels he can get this lot to do so lets wait and see when he gets his own players.

For us to win the final we need Sima, Matondo and Yilmaz fit enough to play the full 90 minutes so we can ask them questions defensively instead of watching them run over us as we have zero pace in behind otherwise. Would also allow Sterling to play the Lundstram role and stick Raskin on McGregor to completely nullify him which I think he's capable of doing.
It would have been nice to have Danilo, Cortes and Ryan Jack too.
Lots of criticism of the manager but injuries have crippled us all season meaning other players are playing too many games

He needs to change his tactics! The pressure to win the first game against them next season will be unreal

The question is ridiculous. Any Rangers Manager needs to win a cup final whether it be a Murty, Beale, Clement or Ancelotti.

He won't be sacked if he doesnt but he's going to start to lose the fans if we don't
Then the fans need to switch on. Any manager would struggle with the players he has available to him at the moment. He's run them close twice but he needs Sima available at the very least. Hopefully today is the last we've seen of Barisic and Lundstram

Manager is playing football from 20 years ago. There’s no base to fall back on.

Another guy in a growing line that can’t cope with Celtic.

ill be honest i knew were getting beat the minute i saw the line up i thought the same in the last game but we struggled a draw

playing Lawrence was a mistake in both games i understand why Lundstrum was played but by %^*& he let his manager down sterling played in wrong area of park the captain missing yet again
the question will he learn before he is sacked who knows

We won't lay a glove on them in the final - this team is terrified of them.

Only reason we managed to win the league cup is because someone beat the mhanks for us.

Since he's came in Clement has done very well considering the mess he inherited. In no way am I suggesting he is the wrong man for the job or anything extreme at this point and am still fully behind him, but now that he has been here a while now it has to be said there are some issues which are becoming a bit of a concern coupled with the current run of form.

His trust in the "leadership group". Time and time again these players bottle it as has been shown for years now. I hope his public backing of these players and comments about relying on them next season are simply an attempt to publicly back his players rather than throw them under the bus. If he really believes they are up to it we are in trouble.

The fact that this far down the line that we still don't really have any identity as a team other than we are direct. The one notable improvement early under Clement seemed to be a mentality shift rather than anything drastic tactically but the mentality of the players now seems as weak as ever.

He has been guilty of picking the wrong team in a lot of games resulting in multiple changes at half time or early in second half. His hands are tied with the players at his disposal currently and a lot of them keep letting him down but a worry nonetheless.

A big positive of his has been his presence and handling of the media. He was a breath of fresh air and great to listen to in his interviews and press conferences. Of late it's been a bit of a different story. He shouldn't have took the bait from the tranny shagger and reacted like he did and has came across as being rattled in the last few weeks and looks as though he is feeling the pressure.

Hopefully he is able to rip this team up and rebuild and most of this is on the players rather than them man himself. Time will tell.

if he sets us up in the final the same way yet again then expect the same result
then he deserves to be punted and bring in Mcinnes, at least he knows how to set up his team

Back