Does clement need to win the final

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Derek McInnes would have done a better job, he has already managed to beat them twice this season with his Kilmarnock squad that has absolutely zero budget in comparison.

If I am not wrong he was Walter Smiths choice for the job and he knows a hell of a lot more about the requirements than any of us even so I’ll get absolutely slaughtered for this suggestion. Our support need to realise that we don’t need a “European name” to fulfil our big “European push” this is not 1993 and we are no longer competitors in an 8 man champions league, we need to sort ourselves out domestically first and at the moment we are absolutely miles off it.

Rangers and foreign managers have never been a great mix and once again this will be proven to be the case.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Derek McInnes would have done a better job, he has already managed to beat them twice this season with his Kilmarnock squad that has absolutely zero budget in comparison.

If I am not wrong he was Walter Smiths choice for the job and he knows a hell of a lot more about the requirements than any of us even so I’ll get absolutely slaughtered for this suggestion. Our support need to realise that we don’t need a “European name” to fulfil our big “European push” this is not 1993 and we are no longer competitors in an 8 man champions league, we need to sort ourselves out domestically first and at the moment we are absolutely miles off it.

Rangers and foreign managers have never been a great mix and once again this will be proven to be the case.
People wont want to accept it but I don't think you're far wrong here.

The final will be judged on their actual effort and performance, if Sterling and Raskin come in an so a job then Lundstrum shouldn’t play for us again.

Its the small easy choices he is getting wrong

Not winning it shouldn’t mean people start shouting for him to go, end of next season will be a better time to get a better judgement, he needs to be given the summer transfer window to get his own players in.

Id have been happy with mcinnes tbh, 3 out of his 4 manager jobs hes had hes left the club in a better position when he left than where they were when he took over the job.

He won't be sacked if he doesnt but he's going to start to lose the fans if we don't
I think this is it - somehow that he galvanized the players and got them to make a push for the title at all has led to a greater disappointment than if we had just coasted along in distant second.

There’s a scenario where we win the cup and have a summer turnover of the squad - that sets everyone off in fine fettle for next season.
There’s another scenario where we lose the cup final and start next season with some very familiar names in the starting eleven.. that’s a recipe for another manager by Christmas.

It will fall somewhere in between those extremes but I think the manager will realise that the honeymoon period is over.

Id have been happy with mcinnes tbh, 3 out of his 4 manager jobs hes had hes left the club in a better position when he left than where they were when he took over the job.
The same fans who didn't want mcinnes were saying last week "the killie game is the one where the orcs will drop points" the irony...

He shouldnt get next season imo. We should be going for Derek McInnes asap.
People mock you for saying what you've said but I'm going to repeat again. We need blue noses in charge and a good percentage on the playing team. For me the entire Rangers values and mentality are so badly diminished it's sometimes unrecognizable. McInnes is a blue nose and if anyone will take points off them is him and his band if average Joe's who understand dig, desire and have no fear. I'm not trying to bun McInnes up but it just strikes a note with me the lack of Rangers men we have. The argument of but what about Europe doesn't hold with me. We've had our chances and in the future will become even less. I'm just fuckin sick to death of being weak also rans. Losers year in year out. Please don't say 55, that mhob fuckin blew that (even though we were all deserved winners then)

Let’s bag another manager and do the same all over again.

That’s worked well.

Clement gets the same time Gerrard did. Not question. If it’s push for another year r so, we need to suck it up.
No chance he will, gerrard had every fan behind him on a 3 yr ride because of who he is , Clement will get as long as the support want him, a lot of head scratching already at his line ups and set ups , it's great signing players good enough for the SPL, you also must set them up tactically the right way

Last edited:
Ridiculous question. Ofcourse he does.

If he doesn't he's under serious pressure for next season before it starts. Before anyone says, aye but his own players etc, that's rubbish. It's tough at the top, there's no free passes at Rangers.
Hope our board are more rational than you.
Manager has a poor squad whilst being decimated by injuries.
He needs to be given two further full seasons and three transfer windows with DOF and it can we reviewed then.

or is it a free hit until he can bring more players in

He just doesn’t seem to have any idea how to play Celtic, but definitely not helped by the players
He has to. If he goes 4 OF games and doesn’t win one then I wouldn’t trust him with a rebuild. Sorry but I wouldn’t

Why did Lawrence and Barasic start today?

Why when we could all see lundstrum was having a mare was he not hooked?

Yes. McLeish inherited a better side, of course he did, but he improved what was an underachieving team and won two cups immediately. Clement must win the Cup.

He does need to win the cup. Him and his players have thrown the league away and yes, he does share a big part of the blame. If he doesn't win the cup then sure, he'll be given next season but fans will already be thinking we're just going to see more of the same crap, poor team selections and no strength when it comes to managing the players.

Would be good to have a manager that doesn't let the players pick themselves.

I don't want to keep binning managers but my love for him is dwimdling.

He's been crippled by injuries but his team selections are terrible. Lawrence and Borna, and to some extent Lundstram, starting today was baffling. Loves to throw in a curve ball when one isn't needed, like Scott Wright starting the last one against them. He's reminding me of Beale's bad habit of over thinking it.

I do still want him to succeed but we need a result in the Cup Final and a decent summer transfer window or I fear we're in exactly the same position this time next year.

He shouldnt get next season imo. We should be going for Derek McInnes asap.
Ffs get real,
We can’t keep changing managers every 9/12 months,
We don’t have 70/80 million to so spend on building a ready made team,
Any manager unless given huge funds needs probably at least 3 transfer windows to build his own team.

Yes

He came in got the new managers bounce, but as time has gone on the longer he has worked with the players the worse we have got.

Talks a good game but yet to see substance to back it up. Some of his selections and tactics have been wild, no obvious Plan B.

Yet to see a game he has made a change to alter the pattern of play.

He won’t win it and he’ll still be here next year. The board will make excuses for him because he didn’t get a full season.
We have a manager who has won titles with different teams. He is a winner and knows what is required to do it (much of which we don’t have at the moment).Someone really needs to tell the impatient, arrogant blowhards among us (and there are many) to shut the f&@k up and give the guy a chance.
When will they learn that mob rule and summary sacking of manager after manger will never get us anywhere.

No. Clement needs time to get rid of the losers in the squad. His options are limited because of our injury issues.
If Clement doesnt bin everyone from the 55 season and beyond then he deserves to get the axe! Tav, Goldoson and co decent players for us but they are now serial losers conditioned to 2nd best and need to go! Fxck im feeling conditioned to 2nd best now!!!
Not winning it shouldn’t mean people start shouting for him to go, end of next season will be a better time to get a better judgement, he needs to be given the summer transfer window to get his own players in.

If we lose the cup final, he has to start next season unbeaten all the way to the first old firm game at their dump, go there and win. If start slow go behind in the league and lose there, you can say he shouldn't be, its unfair all you want, but he'll be fighting for job.

As much as it’s mental to be even considering yet another change in manager if he looses the cup final and then goes into the first old firm next season at their dump and doesn’t get a result I think the support will turn on him very quickly. No wins in potentially his first 5 games against them he will have nowhere to hide.

What’s your solution mate - you can only make a good meal with good ingredients…do you think Clement has been given the right ingredients to win?
We are still dealing with the consequences of 2012 and as a support (I include myself), it’s getting tiring watching them win.
He's no idea mate.

Let’s bag another manager and do the same all over again.

That’s worked well.

Clement gets the same time Gerrard did. Not question. If it’s push for another year r so, we need to suck it up.
Gerrard was the one outlier because we knew the whole football department needed overhauled. No other manager is going to get the time he did.

Even if they did, what’s the point? So we can take 3 years to build a squad to win one league title, risk the manager leaving and we have to start all over again? Like exactly what happened with Gerrard?

There seems to be a false assumption that if we just give Clement enough time (i.e. years) we will eventually go on a multi league title winning run and all will be rosy again.

I fear we will instead end up in a cycle of 1 Rangers title for every 2/3 Celtic… at best.

He'll be here next season regardless.

Needs to be given a proper summer transfer window and preseason.

FWIW I think we'll beat them in Final.
FFS borrow me your crack pipe please, we've barely laid a glove on them all season but somehow you believe that a team full of cowards and spineless imposters and a manager who plays kick and rush football are going to turn them over in the cup final.
We are nowhere near them at present, they are better than us in almost all areas of the field, they can play at pace, pass and move quicker and have a few players who can score goals, I admire your staunchness but you really need to sit down and have a reality check because we are a very poor team.

If he doesn’t win the cup he’s going to come under major pressure to start next season on fire.

Failure to navigate CL qualifiers will have the natives restless and unfortunately the first OF game is at their midden.

Winning the cup buys him some breathing space. If he doesn’t then he’ll come under pressure fairly rapidly.

or is it a free hit until he can bring more players in

He just doesn’t seem to have any idea how to play Celtic, but definitely not helped by the players
It's a free hit till he can get his own squad in but that comes with a small budget compared to them, so cut to the chase we are up against it in the immediate future.
Pep couldn't even do much with this squad.

We have a manager who has won titles with different teams. He is a winner and knows what is required to do it (much of which we don’t have at the moment).Someone really needs to tell the impatient, arrogant blowhards among us (and there are many) to shut the f&@k up and give the guy a chance.
When will they learn that mob rule and summary sacking of manager after manger will never get us anywhere.

He had the team in pole position to win the league and blew it in the run in. Doesn’t scream winner to me.

You are aware the exact same was said about both Gio and Beale?
Issue is we have players who are not good enough, mentally, tactically or physically.

The manager took over at a time when we had all given up on this team, we did, we wanted the majority of team gone.

He got a tune out them and got us to a great position but when it came to the crunch we went missing.

If we don’t give him a chance, we will be looking at some of these players seeing off 3 managers and the same will happen again to the 4th unless we clear out.

Issue is we have players who are not good enough, mentally, tactically or physically.

The manager took over at a time when we had all given up on this team, we did, we wanted the majority of team gone.

He got a tune out them and got us to a great position but when it came to the crunch we went missing.

If we don’t give him a chance, we will be looking at some of these players seeing off 3 managers and the same will happen again to the 4th unless we clear out.
There’s always a good argument for bucking the trend and sticking with a manager in the hope that given the assurance of time he will eventually deliver, but it has to be built on solid foundations. Whatever encouragement Clement initially delivered has all but been wiped out over these past few weeks and he’s now effectively starting from scratch once again.

Give us a cup final win over them and we can build on something positive for next season.

Don’t, and I fear we’re in the same cycle we’ve found ourselves in since Gerrard left.

He didn’t assemble this walking football team
When he was on a winning streak, won a cup, had us playing great football in Europe, then got us into a position where the league was in our hands... all with the same 'walking football team'... some of you have 100% accepted him as manager, that is until the form nosedives, we lose our advantage and lose another old firm, then it's not his fault because it's not his team. Some of you need to stop wrapping him in cotton wool. No manager gets "free hits" against them. To even ask that is ridiculous. He gets paid good money to win now, not to assess the team for 40+ games and then start the job. I'm not suggesting getting rid of him, not for a second, but he needs to do better and is due criticism for recent results along with the players.

Honestly fucking sick of this cycle. I know it's not our fault as fans, and that the only way out of this loop is for a Rangers manager to start winning league games against Celtic. But I cannot be fucked with sharpening the knives on another manager who is making do with an utter shitshow of a squad (between the aged, the broken and the not good enough).

And starting to talk in May about replacing another manager should he fail to win the cup final (with the same inept squad) and/or the first Old Firm of next season ... We may as well hand them next season's title and the one after that if this is what we're going to keep repeating. We keep complaining about the same old faces failing us, keep repeating phrases when we hire new managers like "this rebuild won't be done in one window," but we always seem to be on window number fucking one of the rebuild and then if the team doesn't automatically click we want the manager out the door and rip it all up again. Then back to "new manager, but it's going to be a two or three window rebuild" again. I'm not blaming our fans, I don't know what we can do to change things, I'm just desperately sick watching this loop repeat itself.

To me, he's in a similar position to Beale last year. Had to win at least one of the meaningful ones end of last season and didn't which heaped a whole lot of pressure on him at the start of this season.
If Clement doesn't win the Cup Final that'll be 4 without a win.
A bad showing in pre season coupled with a slow start to the season will heap a whole lot of pressure on him, similar to Beale at the start of this season.

There is no point us being in denial over this.
Clement is already under pressure due to the fact that no Rangers manager can survive being unable to beat our main rivals.
Couple that with fans watching a team with no style of play & a manager that doesn't appear to believe in a midfield being needed and also unwilling to learn from mistakes.
Fans have the right to be worried.

Firstly he needs to sack Tav as RB & captain, we need a manager to shake this shambles up, every time Tav is found out against these coonts. Sterling RB ffs staring u in the face!

He needs to win it to show that he can turn a team containg too many poor players into a cup winning side againsr the scum. Start with those who can run and chase and not let them settle. If we have Lawrence and Lundstram in there again with Borna at the back we have no hope.

Back