Does clement need to win the final

You play your best team and you play in a way that utilises the strengths. Problem being these "best players" don't give a shite.

This team is beyond saving and there's no chance we beat them at hampden so I'd be happy for PC to be ruthless

Firstly he needs to sack Tav as RB & captain, we need a manager to shake this shambles up, every time Tav is found out against these coonts. Sterling RB ffs staring u in the face!
Agree. No team sets up with a RB as the main attacking outlet. Get a backline that fucking defends and keeps clean sheets. Let's task the wingers, strikers and attacking midfield for goals.

One half season competition title, I believe.

He won 3 trophies in Mexico before he joined us but he was certainly no winner. Winning trophies doesn’t automatically make you a winner. Clement hasn’t shown me anything to make me think he’s a winner.

In a country where there is 1 team to beat it would be hard to turn around 4 games without a win against them. Will get time as it’s not his squad but we have to beat them and quickly in a game that matters!

For me it's a must win.

We can't afford to go into the summer on the back of another defeat to scum ( which would put them level on trophies with us)

We are not winning the SC.
We don't have the quality and the manager doesn't have the nouse. It's as simple as that.
Where that leaves us going into next season, fk knows but I'm not hopeful. Some red flags about Clement already. He talks the talk et al

At this point I would say if we don't win the final there will be allot of heat on Clement from the fans. That will then mean that the first OF game next season, which I think I'm right in saying will be at Parkhead again, absolutely becomes must win or else it could turn against him.

Let's hope it doesn't get to that but the excuses about this not being his team are starting to wear thin. Whether he signed them or not he has been managing them for several months now so at some point there has to be an element of responsibility on him for the failings. I'm still not entirely sure what he's trying to do with the team.

If he don’t then the pressure is on him big time at the start of next season

if he don’t win it will be no wins in 4 v those rats….. will he survive losing first one next season? I doubt it

We are a really really poor football team, the way we “play” is fuckin dreadful! We get passed off the park by very average team! That mob are coming to Hampden for a party and we‘’ok bend right over and take it off them! A full fucking decade of running scared of them and god knows how many more to come!

lots of fans starting to question the gaffer past few weeks
I’ll give him next season with hopefully a good few of his own signings
My only concern is he doesn’t really change tactics especially against that mob it’s been the same old pish we’ve had to watch
But I’m putting that down to injuries and lack of quality in certain areas has cost us the league
It’s been the same since 55 it was criminal not strengthening that summer

He does ? Based on what ?

It can't be on results or performances against Rodgers. So what are you basing this on ? Blind faith ?

I don't want Clement to be sacked. I don't want him gone early or midway through next season. I want him here and being successful

But he needs to start beating Celtic for that to happen. And right now all signs point to him failing to learn from what happened in games previously against them. Going into that game with that midfield was insanity. That was his decision.

No one is disputing the playing squad is bang average either. A lot of these players need binned but that doesn't exempt him from criticism. Everything he did so well for the first 5 months have went up in flames in the last 5 weeks.

We told ourselves when Pedro was in charge "ah just wait until he gets his own players in". Same with Gio. Same with Beale. Now we're doing the same with Clement. It might work, I hope it does but there is absolutely nothing to suggest he'll have Rodgers' number next season.
I’ve yet to see someone suggest a feasible lineup that would have been a better bet today.

The floor is yours.

In a country where there is 1 team to beat it would be hard to turn around 4 games without a win against them. Will get time as it’s not his squad but we have to beat them and quickly in a game that matters!
How's it "not his squad"? He started in October. How many new managers in any league get a seven month honeymoon period before officially taking responsibility for the squad? Even with the players brought in and injuries to contend with, our starting XI should be strong enough to beat them at least once... especially considering other teams have managed it. I said today's game was a must-win, the next one is no different, only difference being he'll lose confidence going into a long summer if we lose.

or is it a free hit until he can bring more players in

He just doesn’t seem to have any idea how to play Celtic, but definitely not helped by the players
There is no such thing as a free hit when you play the scum.

This is not a case of shrugging the shoulders after another painful defeat and all heading home disconsolate while they party in the streets with booze and fireworks.

We are Rangers and this is our national cup final.
For starters we have to show that we want it more than them.
This has been a major failure right from kick off and that must change.

If it's yet another timid roll over i want him gone.

or is it a free hit until he can bring more players in

He just doesn’t seem to have any idea how to play Celtic, but definitely not helped by the players
when he first came in he seems to speak a lot of sense and i genuinely thought he wasnt gonna take any sh*te and i loved that about him

then i see him in the press recently with these non-sensical comments or the tactics being deployed and i start having questions but i want him to be able to have a shot at things with his own players/team but the way hes setting us up its hard to be his biggest advocate at times

Yes of course he does. Going into his fifth OF game (at Parkhead as well) without a win (and Souness’ reckoning that he didn’t have the understanding of the OF) would mean it would be a must-win game. (Unlike today according to Clement).

He won 3 trophies in Mexico before he joined us but he was certainly no winner. Winning trophies doesn’t automatically make you a winner. Clement hasn’t shown me anything to make me think he’s a winner.
He didn’t win three league titles with two different clubs in a European league. Clement bdid.

Regardless of personnel, he should have stamped an identity and a playing style on this team by now, unless hoof ball is his style.....
Found ourselves in a title race - with the title in our grasp - mainly because the scum dropped a lot of points, let's not kid ourselves otherwise.

He doesn’t need to to keep his job or anything. It’s obvious they have better players than us and the team with better players will usually win. Bloody hope he can muster something up though.

He won’t win it and he’ll still be here next year. The board will make excuses for him because he didn’t get a full season.
It’s not an excuse, it’s a fact. He’s working with an absolutely abysmal group of players and I reckon he probably rates about 5 of them.

He should be here next season regardless of what happens in the final and anybody saying otherwise knows nothing about football.

He needs to win it as a defeat will mean the first OF of next season becomes critical - anything less than a win in that and I'm afraid it will be the beginning of the end for him.

Sadly, we will lose the cup final - its what this squad do.

A Scottish cup win would at least give us a bit of momentum going into next season.
If we don’t, then he starts next season under a bit more scrutiny and pressure.

He better learn from this now. 2 weeks to prepare for the cup final and we need to see a different approach (competitive midfield, not long balls) and personnel (Barisic and Lundstram gone, Lawrence doesn’t have enough to compete with them).

Setting us up right doesn’t guarantee us a win, but it allows us the opportunity to win. If he doesn’t learn these lessons, i fear for next year.

Next season, first OF game will be at parkhead. If he doesn’t beat them at Hampden or parkhead hell start to come under enormous pressure.

If I'm honest, the final is a nice to have, partly to shove it to the Paedo's and partly for us to celebrate. But it's not the league.

If he doesn't win one of the next 2 OF games the writing is on the wall. He's under pressure now

I’ve yet to see someone suggest a feasible lineup that would have been a better bet today.

The floor is yours.

So you think Lawrence and Barisic should have started?

There were plenty that called those decisions baffling on the match thread, plenty of better suggestions given too.

If you’re yet to see it, I suggest you start there.

He won't be sacked but anyone who is not having slight doubts obviously is wearing blinkers.
The absolute freedom and space afforded to Hatate and O'Riley yesterday was frightening.
Why he didn't address that immediately is worrying for me.
Having said that if he was depending on Lundstram he's fkd before he starts.

He won't be sacked but anyone who is not having slight doubts obviously is wearing blinkers.
The absolute freedom and space afforded to Hatate and O'Riley yesterday was frightening.
Why he didn't address that immediately is worrying for me.
Having said that if he was depending on Lundstram he's fkd before he starts.
Taverneeeeer is shit scared of maeda

Repeat what I said elsewhere.

Sad to see so many purported Rangers fans sharpening the knives

The next guy won’t have multiple titles for different sides.

The next guy will come in and we’ll be watching Celtic win their 55th title next May.

Only stability and trust in a manager with a proven track record will restore Rangers to the top.

Revolving doors won’t cut it however much of a comfort blanket that is for you guys
I’ve not seen anyone calling for him to be sacked or at least very few.

You give a manager time if he shows something that indicates he is worth getting behind. Most fans can’t see what Clement is trying to do other than hoof ball - so there are a lot of questions being correctly put to him.

So you think Lawrence and Barisic should have started?

There were plenty that called those decisions baffling on the match thread, plenty of better suggestions given too.

If you’re yet to see it, I suggest you start there.
Yilmaz wasn’t fit for 90 mins.
Lawrence has arguably played better than Cantwell in the last 5-6 games.

You still haven’t given me a lineup.

Three central midfielders, not two and a number 10. Neither Cantwell nor Lawrence should've been anywhere near that starting line up. Celtic outnumber and outplay us in midfield constantly. Tom Lawrence couldn't get near them at Ibrox and amazingly the same thing happened again yesterday. I mean, who didn't see that coming ?

Sterling had to be one of them because he's the only guy we've got who has the physicality and athleticism to mix it with their midfield. Instead we had him right wing to hold the captains hand because he can't deal with Maeda and allowed McGregor, Hatate and O'Riley the run of midfield.

Did you read the other thread?

Yilmaz was fit, he came on and should have started. If he had to come off after half time and it’s 0-0, that’s an improvement on where we were. That game was the season, leaving someone on the bench was madness.

Lawrence is nowhere near as good a player as cantwell, who only a couple of weeks ago was our creator in a semi final.

So neither of your arguments hold to logic, or at least the kind of logic our manager should be applying.

My team would have been:

Butland
Tav Souttar Davies yilmaz
Lundstram Sterling Diomande
Cantwell Dessers silva

If Lawrence was going to play, it had to be in the forward 3, not in midfield.

The managers’ loyalty to lundstram at raskin’s expense meant raskin couldn’t really be considered, I’m hoping that being forced means we can use him instead of lundstram in the cup final, as well as Sima ahead of Dessers.

Three central midfielders, not two and a number 10. Neither Cantwell nor Lawrence should've been anywhere near that starting line up. Celtic outnumber and outplay us in midfield constantly. Tom Lawrence couldn't get near them at Ibrox and amazingly the same thing happened again yesterday. I mean, who didn't see that coming ?

Sterling had to be one of them because he's the only guy we've got who has the physicality and athleticism to mix it with their midfield. Instead we had him right wing to hold the captains hand because he can't deal with Maeda and allowed McGregor, Hatate and O'Riley the run of midfield.
Name the midfielders

Back